COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Europeans on NA severs

So, as you know, we Europeans share servers with every country in close proximity. This has its Cons and.... nothing else.

I've been thinking about playing on an NA server from EU and want to ask if anybody knows of ways to reduce LAG, or if the game will be playable with 100-150 ms. any other suggestions ?

1/16/2017 3:12:29 PM #1

Anything under 200 would be fine. It won't make as much difference as you are thinking. Even in a skill based game. As the saying goes. "Your lack of skill will let you down before lag does". Unless you have some crazy lag 300+ then sure maybe.

I would have thought Europeans would be more screwed if they can't speak English though. Since the biggest kingdoms/groups over there. Are ran by English speakers. You don't see many groups, so far, getting around with other languages. Without knowing if some speak a few languages naturally.

1/16/2017 3:12:40 PM #2

Well MWO, a first person mech shooter, is playable with 100ms-150ms on their NA (east) servers. Without any rubberbanding or other problems. I see no reason why this shouldn't be the case here. I am from the EU as well and i am deffo going to join the NA east guys and gurls.

1/16/2017 3:13:04 PM #3

I'm curious about this too. I haven't pledged to any Kingdom yet. Sort of torn as NA does have some great looking Kingdoms. Would love to hear from someone who has experience playing MMO's on a US server.

1/16/2017 3:13:18 PM #4

Well, without actual playtesting this is a pretty impossible question. Just try playing Tera or some free mmo with 100-150 ping and see how you go.. Theres really no other answer.

~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins~

1/16/2017 3:17:05 PM #5

Posted By Gunnlang at 4:12 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

Anything under 200 would be fine. It won't make as much difference as you are thinking. Even in a skill based game. As the saying goes. "Your lack of skill will let you down before lag does". Unless you have some crazy lag 300+ then sure maybe.

I would have thought Europeans would be more screwed if they can't speak English though. Since the biggest kingdoms/groups over there. Are ran by English speakers. You don't see many groups, so far, getting around with other languages. Without knowing if some speak a few languages naturally.

since a LOT of people speak english just fine, they should be able to join the superior NA servers... playing while seeing ancient runes in god-knows what language and not being able to play because eastern europeans tend to be dumbasses

1/16/2017 3:19:47 PM #6

As long as you are from central EU or GB you should be fine on the NA east server. The direction to the NA eastcoast is a pretty direct one. Ping will be between 100-150ms if your provider dosen't suck big time. Which is more than good enough for first person shooters. So it will be good enough for CoE as well. Nuff said.

1/16/2017 4:10:18 PM #7

Posted By Pepperpot at 02:13 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

I'm curious about this too. I haven't pledged to any Kingdom yet. Sort of torn as NA does have some great looking Kingdoms. Would love to hear from someone who has experience playing MMO's on a US server.

I have played a few different MMOs on US servers. Getting anywhere from 160ms up to 500-600. Anything under 250 was fine, got a tad annoying in melee but that had more to do with I was supposely out of range. WoW had it good, running in green you are fine, orange you start to have some trouble. Red just give up on the game. But you need to be breaking 300 to really have any trouble. That's assuming you only be pvping the whole time as well.

If you are a crafter/gatherer anything else and don't see yourself doing much combat, well it's not really going to effect you at all. Assuming you don't get something crazy like 500+.

Posted By Grubish at 02:17 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

since a LOT of people speak english just fine, they should be able to join the superior NA servers... playing while seeing ancient runes in god-knows what language and not being able to play because eastern europeans tend to be dumbasses

Lucky NA servers have only people speaking English and none of them are idiots on any level then.

1/16/2017 5:03:33 PM #8

I play on Korean MMO's pretty often (I live in NA-West) and almost never have lag problems that make the game unplayabe or put me at a sever disadvantage. Though there are a few games were it would fluctuate above 250 occasionally.

I would say the odds are you in your favor but we won't know until we put the servers to the test, sadly.