COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Early Backer Astronomer, I currently have no access to any Early access/exclusive forums. why?

Like the subject says, I am an early backer Astronomer. I finished my Layaway after the store was updated... I have yet to see any change in the forums in regards to any special access. Have I confused myself with something else or should I have been given access to some sort of hidden group/forums?

1/17/2017 12:20:53 AM #1

If you finished it after the store update I don't think you qualify for the EA. your package is Proprietor? which is Alpha 2 access. But looking at your forum tag it says Barron which is Alpha 1. idk maybe its just a glitch.

1/17/2017 12:21:11 AM #2

You should be able to see the Early Access forums. Try refreshing your forum page after F5- maybe the older page keeps loading for you.

Good luck ;)

1/17/2017 12:22:13 AM #3

Posted By rpger4life at 01:20 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

If you finished it after the store update I don't think you qualify for the EA. your package is Proprietor? which is Alpha 2 access.

he had astronomer on layaway and should get access after paying it.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/17/2017 12:23:56 AM #4

Posted By Aurra Sing at 6:22 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

Posted By rpger4life at 01:20 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

If you finished it after the store update I don't think you qualify for the EA. your package is Proprietor? which is Alpha 2 access.

he had astronomer on layaway and should get access after paying it.

Yeah I was in the process of editing my post. But yeah I think he needs to possibly log out then In to see the change.

1/17/2017 12:26:58 AM #5

I have logged out several times... still to no success of seeing it... I was a baron before the switch and again had Astronomer on layaway.

1/17/2017 12:29:47 AM #6

My guess is it has something to do with the old tiers not fully registering on the new store site, but yea, if you finished paying off layaway on Astronomer you should have access to the EA Forums.

"Diplomacy is the velvet glove that cloaks the fist of power"

1/17/2017 1:07:57 AM #7

any way I could get in touch with someone to fix it?

1/17/2017 1:29:58 AM #8

Currently EA forums are set to start at the Magistrate's package in the store. There was mention that layaways were having trouble in the last DJ and that they are working on it.

Posted By kuthedk at 5:07 PM - Mon Jan 16 2017

any way I could get in touch with someone to fix it?

Bug forums are a good place to start. Discord and (reasonable) Private messages to the Devs would possibly be useful as well.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/17/2017 6:03:40 PM #9

What I believe caused my problem/bug:

I kinda resolved this myself with the help of the discord community, but it was because I used my $50 credit on paying off the final amount towards my astronomer tier. By doing that I only got 500 IP vs the additional 1000 IP if i paid to go from baron to astronomer.

How I resolved it:

I resolved this by purchasing $50 worth of EP from the store, thus giving me an additional 500 IP, taking my IP from 3000 to 3500. By doing so I assume that triggered my account to be able to access the Early Access Forums.

Concerns

I have a concern that it seems that the system is only looking out for who has 3500 IP. If that's the case, then this isn't really an exclusive forum to those who have been an early backer, but its for anyone that somehow gets to 3500 IP.

If this is the case, then as an early backer, I kinda feel like I was told one thing and then something different was actually the case.

I hope my concerns aren't the case and that someone from SBS can either confirm or deny them.

Thanks all,

Kuth

1/17/2017 7:19:44 PM #10

Hi Kuthedk,

The Early Access forums, AKA Developer's Forum, was never touted as being a KS or early backer exclusive. I'm not sure why you feel that you were misled. I'm sorry you feel that way though.

1/17/2017 7:25:05 PM #11

Posted By Teland at 1:19 PM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Hi Kuthedk,

The Early Access forums, AKA Developer's Forum, was never touted as being a KS or early backer exclusive. I'm not sure why you feel that you were misled. I'm sorry you feel that way though.

Well then I was misinformed, or somehow got it mixed up in my head, and it's probably the latter of the two. Thanks for straightening that out

1/17/2017 7:25:11 PM #12

Glad you got it sorted out. The Early Access forum is Early Access, not Early Backer. Like Teland said, it's not just for Kickstarter backers, its for anyone who joins before launch.

Edit: You ninja-posted me.

NA-W "Angelica"

1/17/2017 7:27:27 PM #13

I think, you need 1500 IP to see the forums if not mistaken.

1/17/2017 7:38:09 PM #14

From kickstarter page

Pledge $350 or more

ASTRONOMER (digital)

• Alpha 1 access (Internal Testing Group - invite only, closed, NDA, server will be wiped) • Name a star or constellation in Elyria • 315 Influence Points (IP) - see chart for options • Gain access to exclusive developer's forums • Forum Badge - Astronomer

+++ Plus all previous rewards +++

Astromer and above should have access except maybe the new tiers. Not sure on that.

1/30/2017 10:44:39 AM #15

How long does one have to pay off a layaway astronomer pack ? I've got a little bit down but are waiting for taxes for the rest.