COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Coat of Arm blazon - what's yours.

First - I'm perfectly aware that the manner of CoA design is not yet revealed to us. If you want to dicuss that, I suggest Yorick's thread Early Access to Heraldry.

This thread is meant for us with some degree of interest in the description of heraldic arms. Here's mine (to the best of my ability):

Sanguine, an eagle's head erased Or.

There's one thing wrong with this one (that I know of), and if you spot it, feel free to let others know.

Edit: The error is not. It' a griffin's head I've used, but since the ear's are clearly amiss, it's in fact an eagle's head, heraldicly speaking.

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

1/17/2017 11:24:14 AM #1

Duchy's horse looking behind, not forwards :) Heraldic shield is assumed to be worn on left arm, where the animals should always face towards center ornforwards.

1/17/2017 2:01:55 PM #2

The Asabe'ia Thunar CoA:

Azure, a horse forcené to sinister Argent

I don't think the charge facing left (from the shield-bearer) is an absolute no-no, but I believe it some instances it's a sign of dishonor. A bend per sinister, cross-beam from lower left to upper right (viewer's perspective), is a traditionally called a "bastard-beam".

Edit: That's not what I what thinking of, the fault is in my CoA, the golden eagle.

1/17/2017 2:32:08 PM #3

Kingdom of Nirath CoA:

Per pale Sanguine and Sable, a bezant surrounded by 16 wavy rays crossed in pairs Or.

1/18/2017 9:32:05 AM #4

How does heraldry work for corporate entities? Can a medieval company just use any logo, is it the same rules as for nobility or a different set of rules?

Alt text

1/18/2017 11:44:59 AM #5

No idea. Blazon, which is the description of the achievement using the formal language of heraldry, would be the same, unless someone created a mercantile version.

Now ... tell me what's on your escutcheon. ; )

I admit to have erred, when only having described the shields of the achievements above. Corrections will be applied as soon as time permits

1/18/2017 11:45:39 AM #6

I might try and use the family CoA. Will helms above CoAs include crowns? The rest is fairly common.

1/18/2017 4:23:30 PM #7

Please, this is not discussion thread about what might be. The whole forum is full of speculation threads. Tell us what your CoA looks like, in words.

1/18/2017 4:55:24 PM #8

Parted per pale sable and argent, dexter dragon rampant toward sinister sable, armed argent langued sanguine, sinister dragon rampant argent.

1/18/2017 7:04:15 PM #9

Thank you, Count Drake for partaking. I'm no authority when it comes to blazoning, but I think it's excellent fun. So there's a great possibility I'm wrong from time to time.

Here's my take a your CoA (looking a your signature and the CoA on the dexter side). Since it's dragons you could say they're combatant.Rampant can be omitted as it's their natural position, it's also why one can omitt the parted bit. I'm assuming opposite colours here, with counterchanged, but am afraid you mean the black dragon on black and vice versa (which is harder). I also assume both being tongued dark red. Also, using the white/silver side to the left as per image.

Per pale Argent and Sable, two dragons combatant counterchanged, langued sanguine

Now, going by the CoA in the signature, it's dragon's heads biting their own tails and the tails crossing their body. I have no idea how to describe that other than what I just wrote.

As a thank you and to encourage more people to blazon, check out Drawshield which I blame for distracting me from posting sooner.

Edit: After posting and reading something interesting I found, A complete guide to heraldry on Wikisource, if the dragons are indeed the same colour as the field they're on, just omitt counterchanged.

1/19/2017 4:08:38 AM #10

mmh yeah my signature is a bit out dated I made a more heraldic friendly version with actual heraldric dragons

6/7/2017 8:54:24 PM #11

Mine needs to be simplified drastically to meet with the grid the game will use for charges, but mine is currently:

Or, estoille above an inverted arc of six mullets gules; on a chief cottised potent counterpotent gules, a compass star between two pegasi countersalient and salient proper.

6/7/2017 10:02:49 PM #12

Gules with an Or bend, a lion rampant dexter facing behind sable with a bordure sable.

Or this Alt text - can be left blank

Alt text - can be left blank

6/7/2017 10:30:00 PM #13

I will use my Family Coat of arms if possible design it.... or i will create a new one related to Rome

6/7/2017 10:38:04 PM #14

Sable shield with argent lotus being encompassed by (or hovering over) a moon.

6/7/2017 10:51:06 PM #15

Per chevron, gules and azure (Kingdom colors). Argent brick coronet in top left, argent square top right, oak tree with eradicated roots center. Crown and mantling, mantle is sable and argent (County colors). Two canis rabbits combatant as supporters. And a motto at the bottom, "Consilium Tandem Consummabitur".