COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
OPC death?

Has anybody seen a description of what happens when an OPC dies?

For example: Player A and Player B are two rural trappers with a vendetta. Player A goes to Player B's hut while he is offline and finds his OPC cutting firewood (or whatever). He fights the OPC and kills it. So now what happens?

Does the OPC spiritwalk back to the corpse, respawn and then attempt to restart it's OPC script? If so can't Player A just kill him again? And again. And again ............

Does the OPC remain in spirit form until the player log back in?

Something else?

Not asking for theories here, I'm wondering if anybody has seen the devs comment on it. I've searched but I'm coming up with nothing.

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

1/17/2017 2:43:21 PM #1

The OPC remains in spirit form until the player logs back in to complete the spirit walk.

So if you are offline your character will freeze in the in astral plain and it won’t be counted against their spirit walking. So when you come back online the first thing you’ll have to do is complete your spirit-walk. Before you’ll be able to re-enter the world.

Source

One things to note is there is likely to be a long time limit on this so if you do not log back in within a month your character could end up perma-dead.

Correct, the only limit that we have is right now we’re looking at about a 28 to 30 day time out period where if you do get coup de grace and your body lies limped there for a month or so, you’re in a coma so to speak but if you don’t spirit walk back to your body within that month period of time then it’s perma-death.

Source

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/17/2017 2:43:50 PM #2

He remains in spirit form until the player log back and can make the run. I'm pretty sure I can find a link if you give me some time.

EDIT: Oh well, VictoriaRachel beat me to it..

Alt text

1/17/2017 2:57:35 PM #3

Thanks! Couldn't find it.

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair