COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Baronies: How many are there?

Hey guys! So I was told lately that there are fewer Baronies as I once thought at the beginning. But I nowhere can find an estimate or number on how many there will be in the end. I was told there will be only about 4 per duchy. Is this true? Else how many are there to be? Thanks in advance :D

Valaeron Belsharaen

1/31/2017 2:39:05 PM #1

There is no set number, there is no estimate, that is why you can not find the figures.

However, 4 per duchy sounds very low. That means less than one per county which feels a bit off. Some counties may only have one or perhaps share forces with another if they are very small. Others on crucial borders may have multiple baronies.

The amount needed will vary. As all Baronies are made through agreement with the Duke the number might well vary as circumstances change.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/31/2017 2:39:26 PM #2

That is not true. I quite sure nothing changed about the total number of settlements. But there is a large range how many settlements a county will have; see Q&A below.

You confused duchy with county.

Kingdom -> duchy -> county -> settlement

Last Q&A Transcript

QUESTION: For civilian settlements we know that a county could have something like:

4 towns and 4 villages 1 city,

2 towns, 2 villages, and 5 hamlets.

How many and which types of military settlements could a county have?

RESPONSE: We really don’t know the answer to that yet since not all Counties are made equal. A very large County could end up with vast amounts of free range open space while smaller ones could have back-to-back settlements where it can become difficult to tell the difference between them even though politically they can be different.

And this:

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 3:39 PM - Tue Jan 31 2017

The amount needed will vary. As all Baronies are made through agreement with the Duke the number might well vary as circumstances change.

There are only settlements at land selection.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/31/2017 2:41:29 PM #3

Okay, thank you guys ;)

Valaeron Belsharaen

1/31/2017 8:46:15 PM #4

every settlement in a duchy could be a barony if the duke decides so, it won't happen but what makes your settlement a barony is a contract with the duke stating that he makes you a judge in the kings court and that he gives you ressources to maintain the peace in your area, my guess is mostly one per county sometimes more than one if it's bordering another kingdom maybe not have one if your county is really small but I doubt it, there are no hard numbers on the amount of baronies cause it's the duke that decides.