COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Merging accounts before the exposition?

Is there any info available yet about merging two accounts into one or a way to transfer your IP to another person? Any chance an option like that is to be implemented before the exposition?

2/1/2017 9:38:58 AM #1

Last Q&A

QUESTION:

If someone intends to gift their title will that happen before land selection?

RESPONSE:

You can merge the accounts. It will happen BEFORE land selection. One account will cease to exist and the pledge will be moved over to the other account. It has confirmed prior to this Q&A that for such merges addon items like purchased EP will NOT carry over, only the pledge so only buy addons on one account, the main one, buy a pledge on a second account and then merge them.

What if you only want to gift the title and not the entire pledge? Then you have to,

Gift the title. It will happen AFTER land selection which is very important because it means each title's land will be selected based on the individual IP NOT the combined IP of the two accounts. Please be aware of what this will mean for any plans you might have with a friend to give them a title, the order is decided on the person giving their title away not the person receiving the title in the end. This would make it so the titles will be separate even after gifting. So if I as a Duke gifted my duchy to another Duke they would be the Duke of two fully separate duchies, whether titles can be merged together later is not known so far as I know. So until you select your Duchy>County>Settlement you won’t be able to give the title away, they’ll have to take which ever Duchy/County/Settlement you select.

Two settlements cannot be ran by one Seat of Power.

TIMESTAMP: 1:55:10

My understandig is you can't transfer IP. But you will be able to transfer ep.

Alt text - can be left blank

2/1/2017 9:39:32 AM #2

2/1/2017 10:52:54 AM #3

Thanks for the answer. I'm still wondering though if there is/will be any way to move addon IP from one account to another. I'm in a situation where both me and my friend pledged Astronomer during the Kickstarter and also bought some additional IP, him somewhat more than me. It turns out though that he won't play CoE at all and I am to take over his account. Of course I want to make the best I can out of this...

2/1/2017 11:27:24 AM #4

One account will cease to exist and the pledge will be moved over to the other account

EP etc should also moved to the new account. Can't believe it would not be that way.

2/24/2017 5:45:30 PM #5

Posted By Aurra Sing at 01:38 AM - Wed Feb 01 2017

It has confirmed prior to this Q&A that for such merges addon items like purchased EP will NOT carry over, only the pledge so only buy addons on one account, the main one, buy a pledge on a second account and then merge them.

This not correct. If this is what was recorded, it's incorrect. If it's what I said - which I don't believe it is, then I misspoke.

There are currently three planned ways to provide a title to another account.

1). Gifting. We will be adding gifting to the website at some point. This will allow you to buy a package for someone else. The package will go to their account - including all package benefits such as EP, titles, account rewards, etc. However the Influence for the purchase will stay with you, since it was your purchase. If you gift a package to someone before Domain / Settlement selection they'll be able to participate and select their domain in influence order with everyone else.

2). Account Merging. We had a number of people who expressed interest in having two pledge packages on their account. This was not something our system handled yet as we didn't anticipate people wanting 2x counties, 2x duchies, or 2x kingdoms. Our solution was to tell people to buy the additional pledge package on a new, clean account and then we'll merge them once our system supports having multiple packages. When you merge two accounts, one ceases to exist and the content of the other passes to the surviving account in its entirety. This means all posts, messages, EP, packages, Sparks of Life, Influence, etc... from one account is merged in with the other.

If the surviving account has the ability to participate in domain / settlement selection after the account merge, then it will - in influence order.

We will support this option up until we provide people the ability to purchase multiple packages on a single account. Then, because it was a stop-gap solution to solve a problem, it will go away.

3). Willing. Because not everyone wants to play all of their titles, we're giving people the ability to will away their titles to other. This is something that can be done after domain / settlement selection. The person who owns the title chain will participate in domain / settlement selection, will pick their settlements and any domains, and then can, at their discretion give some or all of their titles over to other people. In doing so they forfeit all rights to the titles they held.

Note that this does not transfer EP, Influence, or anything else. It simply grants someone else the title and the ability to manage the settlement / domain. Think of it as though it were willing your domain / settlement to someone post-launch. It just happens now instead of post-launch so they can begin managing their domain / settlement immediately.

2/24/2017 6:05:31 PM #6

I believe you mispoke on previous mentions of account merging, prior you stated all posts, etc would cease to exist and not to buy EP or addons, just the pledge you wanted. However that info was through discord, soit should've had a disclaimer in the Q&A transcript I created. I'll add this forum post in the original resposes place.

2/24/2017 6:25:19 PM #7

@Caspian

You used 2x county, Duchy, and kingdom in your example, but I wanted to make sure that it also works with merging 3, such as my 3 counties I'd like to merge into 1?

2/24/2017 6:49:41 PM #8

2/24/2017 9:32:23 PM #9

Posted By Morwenna at 7:49 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

I also want to be clear on this. I am being gifted a county from a weapon master. He is buying an additional barony tier as he wants to make sure he has a barony/town as well.

So he'll buy the baron tier under another account and have you merge them? Then he can select his barony at the same time as the county as far as land selection goes, correct? And then after land selection he'll gift me the count title and then I'll have the county and he'll still have his barony.

And if I in turn gift him my barony, he will have 2 baronies then, correct?

Holy **, how complex can you guys make it for yourself? How about you let them make a game, support their effort by buying the stuff you want and not make them waste time on crap like this? /endrant

Brash

2/24/2017 11:42:17 PM #10

Posted By Terrantal at 1:32 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

Posted By Morwenna at 7:49 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

I also want to be clear on this. I am being gifted a county from a weapon master. He is buying an additional barony tier as he wants to make sure he has a barony/town as well.

So he'll buy the baron tier under another account and have you merge them? Then he can select his barony at the same time as the county as far as land selection goes, correct? And then after land selection he'll gift me the count title and then I'll have the county and he'll still have his barony.

And if I in turn gift him my barony, he will have 2 baronies then, correct?

Holy **, how complex can you guys make it for yourself? How about you let them make a game, support their effort by buying the stuff you want and not make them waste time on crap like this? /endrant

wow bro, edgy

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

2/25/2017 1:31:49 AM #11

hear me out:

@Caspian I know letting players reserve spaces in land selection presented alot of problems and exploitation BUT I do not see the same exploits being usable for gift related selection. Meaning that if a Count gifts someone a magistrate package that he gets to be in the county. He would still pick in IP order but he is guaranteed a spot.

In my head I just can't validate gifting a friend a town for $350+ and not knowing where on the map he could end up.

I don't know anymore.

2/25/2017 4:47:59 AM #12

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 6:31 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

hear me out:

@Caspian I know letting players reserve spaces in land selection presented alot of problems and exploitation BUT I do not see the same exploits being usable for gift related selection. Meaning that if a Count gifts someone a magistrate package that he gets to be in the county. He would still pick in IP order but he is guaranteed a spot.

In my head I just can't validate gifting a friend a town for $350+ and not knowing where on the map he could end up.

Legit concern +1

2/25/2017 1:29:43 PM #13

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 4:31 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

hear me out:

So if you gift the pledge, somehow that person should be treated differently? Why wouldn't someone just funnel money through their count/duke/king to add/reserve spots? Can Mayors reserve locations? (If so, then you already have a system in place - if not, well then maybe they should look into that as an answer)

2/25/2017 2:42:11 PM #14

Posted By Pteroguin at 08:29 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

So if you gift the pledge, somehow that person should be treated differently? Why wouldn't someone just funnel money through their count/duke/king to add/reserve spots? Can Mayors reserve locations? (If so, then you already have a system in place - if not, well then maybe they should look into that as an answer)

It's not about being treated differently. If every liege lord could reserve spots to every vassal it leaves a shit load of exploitation they can use that has already been discussed many times.

Gifting someone a title in your area of influence isn't really exploitable in my head. Plus like I said, validating $350 on a chance is hard.

Also your funneling money is as viable as just gifting him the $350. The IP chart doesn't seperate or list people by rank, region or kingdom. This means you could be the 25th count (which is over $1200) but if all the 25 above you are settling in Duchy A then RIP. So your having someone gift over $1k for a chance. A better chance but a chance.

I don't see a conflict with being able to gift up to 2 people packages with a reservation. May even encourage the gifting system because If I can't gift my friend the 350 + spot I'm upgrading my pc with it.

I just don't see the gifting packages useful above $350 unless your a duke and have the 20 spots open.

I don't know anymore.

2/25/2017 5:41:12 PM #15

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 09:42 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By Pteroguin at 08:29 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

It's not about being treated differently. If every liege lord could reserve spots to every vassal it leaves a shit load of exploitation they can use that has already been discussed many times.

Gifting someone a title in your area of influence isn't really exploitable in my head. Plus like I said, validating $350 on a chance is hard.

Also your funneling money is as viable as just gifting him the $350. The IP chart doesn't seperate or list people by rank, region or kingdom. This means you could be the 25th count (which is over $1200) but if all the 25 above you are settling in Duchy A then RIP. So your having someone gift over $1k for a chance. A better chance but a chance.

I don't see a conflict with being able to gift up to 2 people packages with a reservation. May even encourage the gifting system because If I can't gift my friend the 350 + spot I'm upgrading my pc with it.

I just don't see the gifting packages useful above $350 unless your a duke and have the 20 spots open.

I think I see the issue here, as I'm in a similar situation.

At the moment, I have four people whom are intending to gift their counties to me. The goal is to create one giant and unified county while these other counts keep the rest of their packages, minus their count titles, but there's some danger here based on how SBS deals with gifting.

The ideal situation would be for all of the counties to be connected, but what if they aren't? Say all five of our counties are spread all over the continent. Now, despite owning all of this land, I cannot properly manage it for lack of my inability to be two (let alone five) places at once.

Now my last year of planning and working with these other counts has gone down the drain and people who were willing to invest hundreds to thousands dollars in a collective vision are back to square one, toting around a title they never wanted. It terrifies me to even think about it!