COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Merging accounts before the exposition?

Is there any info available yet about merging two accounts into one or a way to transfer your IP to another person? Any chance an option like that is to be implemented before the exposition?

2/25/2017 5:48:43 PM #16

Posted By En at 10:41 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 09:42 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By Pteroguin at 08:29 AM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 4:31 PM - Fri Feb 24 2017

hear me out:

@Caspian I know letting players reserve spaces in land selection presented alot of problems and exploitation BUT I do not see the same exploits being usable for gift related selection. Meaning that if a Count gifts someone a magistrate package that he gets to be in the county. He would still pick in IP order but he is guaranteed a spot.

In my head I just can't validate gifting a friend a town for $350+ and not knowing where on the map he could end up.

So if you gift the pledge, somehow that person should be treated differently? Why wouldn't someone just funnel money through their count/duke/king to add/reserve spots? Can Mayors reserve locations? (If so, then you already have a system in place - if not, well then maybe they should look into that as an answer)

It's not about being treated differently. If every liege lord could reserve spots to every vassal it leaves a shit load of exploitation they can use that has already been discussed many times.

Gifting someone a title in your area of influence isn't really exploitable in my head. Plus like I said, validating $350 on a chance is hard.

Also your funneling money is as viable as just gifting him the $350. The IP chart doesn't seperate or list people by rank, region or kingdom. This means you could be the 25th count (which is over $1200) but if all the 25 above you are settling in Duchy A then RIP. So your having someone gift over $1k for a chance. A better chance but a chance.

I don't see a conflict with being able to gift up to 2 people packages with a reservation. May even encourage the gifting system because If I can't gift my friend the 350 + spot I'm upgrading my pc with it.

I just don't see the gifting packages useful above $350 unless your a duke and have the 20 spots open.

I think I see the issue here, as I'm in a similar situation.

At the moment, I have four people whom are intending to gift their counties to me. The goal is to create one giant and unified county while these other counts keep the rest of their packages, minus their count titles, but there's some danger here based on how SBS deals with gifting.

The ideal situation would be for all of the counties to be connected, but what if they aren't? Say all five of our counties are spread all over the continent. Now, despite owning all of this land, I cannot properly manage it for lack of my inability to be two (let alone five) places at once.

Now my last year of planning and working with these other counts has gone down the drain and people who were willing to invest hundreds to thousands dollars in a collective vision are back to square one, toting around a title they never wanted. It terrifies me to even think about it!

What you are talking about seems to fall under the 'willing' category rather than gifting. If SBS allowed you to select the location for all of these counties at the same time -- instead of endangering 4 or 5 people's investments you're suddenly preventing others from picking land they may have wanted which has the potential to endanger many other people's investments.

This topic is not as cut and dry as many people see it because their perception is limited by their particular situations.

2/25/2017 8:02:04 PM #17

Posted By CounterfeitProphet at 12:48 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

@Caspian I know letting players reserve spaces in land selection presented alot of problems and exploitation BUT I do not see the same exploits being usable for gift related selection. Meaning that if a Count gifts someone a magistrate package that he gets to be in the county. He would still pick in IP order but he is guaranteed a spot.

In my head I just can't validate gifting a friend a town for $350+ and not knowing where on the map he could end up.

So if you gift the pledge, somehow that person should be treated differently? Why wouldn't someone just funnel money through their count/duke/king to add/reserve spots? Can Mayors reserve locations? (If so, then you already have a system in place - if not, well then maybe they should look into that as an answer)

It's not about being treated differently. If every liege lord could reserve spots to every vassal it leaves a shit load of exploitation they can use that has already been discussed many times.

Gifting someone a title in your area of influence isn't really exploitable in my head. Plus like I said, validating $350 on a chance is hard.

Also your funneling money is as viable as just gifting him the $350. The IP chart doesn't seperate or list people by rank, region or kingdom. This means you could be the 25th count (which is over $1200) but if all the 25 above you are settling in Duchy A then RIP. So your having someone gift over $1k for a chance. A better chance but a chance.

I don't see a conflict with being able to gift up to 2 people packages with a reservation. May even encourage the gifting system because If I can't gift my friend the 350 + spot I'm upgrading my pc with it.

I just don't see the gifting packages useful above $350 unless your a duke and have the 20 spots open.

At the moment, I have four people whom are intending to gift their counties to me. The goal is to create one giant and unified county while these other counts keep the rest of their packages, minus their count titles, but there's some danger here based on how SBS deals with gifting.

The ideal situation would be for all of the counties to be connected, but what if they aren't? Say all five of our counties are spread all over the continent. Now, despite owning all of this land, I cannot properly manage it for lack of my inability to be two (let alone five) places at once.

Now my last year of planning and working with these other counts has gone down the drain and people who were willing to invest hundreds to thousands dollars in a collective vision are back to square one, toting around a title they never wanted. It terrifies me to even think about it!

What you are talking about seems to fall under the 'willing' category rather than gifting. If SBS allowed you to select the location for all of these counties at the same time -- instead of endangering 4 or 5 people's investments you're suddenly preventing others from picking land they may have wanted which has the potential to endanger many other people's investments.

This topic is not as cut and dry as many people see it because their perception is limited by their particular situations.

But that is exactly how that works in the county level -.-. You buy 2 counties on one account, pick at the same time and then name someone else the count. The problem being this doesn't work for settlements because they don't want 1 mayor ruling over 2 towns. Therefore you cannot and will not be able to buy 2 mayor pledges and pick at the same time like you can a county.

But your example of picking 2 counties at the same time is exactly how that works so if you have a problem with that then that's another topic on its own tbh.

Ik simply saying that they should allow that as an option for gifting settlements since they already do it for counties.

Let's upgrade the scenario a tier for comparison. If I were a duke and wanted to gift my friend a guranteed county than all I would do is by a duke tier than merge it with a county pledge account. This gives me 1 duchy and a "super" county. Now whether it is in-game or thru KoE you can divide that county back into 2 different counties and appoint your friend.

I don't know anymore.

2/25/2017 9:31:24 PM #18

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 1:02 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

But that is exactly how that works in the county level -.-. You buy 2 counties on one account, pick at the same time and then name someone else the count. The problem being this doesn't work for settlements because they don't want 1 mayor ruling over 2 towns. Therefore you cannot and will not be able to buy 2 mayor pledges and pick at the same time like you can a county.

But your example of picking 2 counties at the same time is exactly how that works so if you have a problem with that then that's another topic on its own tbh.

Ik simply saying that they should allow that as an option for gifting settlements since they already do it for counties.

Let's upgrade the scenario a tier for comparison. If I were a duke and wanted to gift my friend a guranteed county than all I would do is by a duke tier than merge it with a county pledge account. This gives me 1 duchy and a "super" county. Now whether it is in-game or thru KoE you can divide that county back into 2 different counties and appoint your friend.

Can you split a county into two? While providing two county seats? Without a CB?

2/26/2017 2:11:55 AM #19

Posted By CounterfeitProphet at 4:31 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 1:02 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

Can you split a county into two? While providing two county seats? Without a CB?

Idk if you can do it without a CB but it's possible since you can change your borders in KoE and Sedicim.

It's not like the CB would matter because no one is attacking anyone. Your granting succession from your leadership.

I just don't see why in it's simplest form I can't just buy 2 mayor packages and appoint someone else it after selection. It's not like it takes so much coding because it already exist. The willing system works to appoint someone during KoE for one of your lower titles but won't let you appoint them if you bought additional titles??

All it would need is a tweak to allow additional titles to be willed after their owner picks the land for them instead of just spare titles.

Like I said, how can I justify spending $350 for someone to be a mayor in my county and there being a fairly large chance that they don't make it.

I don't know anymore.

2/26/2017 4:22:59 AM #20

It changes the entire scope of the situation. You then get to DECIDE where those people are irrespective of their tier'd influence. The system you're promoting is abusable. Does it take from your reservations? You get to decide that they're all together with a tiered higher influence? So what about the people who have high influence within your friend's level? I.E. If you are a count and they a mayor, why should your mayor friend outstrip my high influence decision on that land if I, too, am a mayor?

In what world are you afraid that your friend won't be 1 of 12, or 24 people? Are your lands so fertile, or have you over recruited?

2/26/2017 10:23:01 AM #21

Posted By Pteroguin at 11:22 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

I.E. If you are a count and they a mayor, why should your mayor friend outstrip my high influence decision on that land if I, too, am a mayor?

In what world are you afraid that your friend won't be 1 of 12, or 24 people? Are your lands so fertile, or have you over recruited?

Again, why does SBS think I should gift someone $350+ so they can't be in my domain. You get the influence meaning thay have 0.... literally last pick. What financial sense does that make.

Last time I check counties had 3-4 spots? so unless they got 6 times bigger??? I'm putting in 3.5k total before land selection. That puts me in the top like 20 counts to choose last time I picked. Split that up between 5 servers and 5 kingdoms and that makes me like top 5 counts for my kingdoms. so yes, being a top 5 count there is literally 0 chance for someone with 0 influence to get in there.

At the end of the day, it would only be your play experience that is crappy. I wouldn't gift someone without the 100% but another count who does could be pretty salty about losing $350 because of you. I don't think you want that battle from day 1 of KoE but hey lol. Especially during exposition and live there are plenty of anonymous ways to fuck over someone you don't want there without every doing so on your count.

so if you were in theory high enough to get into one of my towns that just means you would theoretically lose more money when your "booted".

I don't know anymore.

2/26/2017 10:25:05 AM #22

To add to that, so that "abuse" is ok for dukes and kings? just not counts? Seeing as how they can use this exact system I'm talking about. It's not important that a friend duke can outstrip a 5k duke title but it's improtant that a $350 title gets outstripped?

I don't know anymore.

2/26/2017 7:58:59 PM #23

Why is it you think counts only get 3/4 slots? The last DJ clearly states you get that Dukes get up 24 counts, what makes you think there will be less towns in counties than there are counties? Using the math they have outlined 6 Kingdoms per Starting Continent, 12 Duchies per Kingdom, 24 Counties per Duchy - per the latest released DJ - you can see you'll more than likely have up to 48 mayor spots. As a count you understand the reservation policy. I'm confused why this is so difficult for me to express to you. You can ensure they get IN your county, just not where. I also think it's very dependant threatening someone from day one, well that goes both ways. You piss the wrong person off and they'll just dump money into EP points and make your life a giant pain in the ass. They won't care about the title. Salt goes both ways, especially when you start talking about rando attacking someone who likes your land, and decides to deploy there. You in a higher position will always have more to lose, and will have more localized and solidify locations to be struck. Your open discussion of it is even more hilarious to me. Peopel who get hit hard by their own Kingdom/Duchy/ County/ Mayorship is going to spend all of the time from KoE to Launch learning how to destroy you. As you fight your war, others around you will gain strength and power, you'll have a diminished start all because you couldn't politic. Any Duke or King who doesn't have high influence can utilize the reservation system. That STILL doesn't make them immune to the Influence grab of someone with high Influence, or domain selection when it comes to Kings. A low influence Kingdom will get whatever they get for biome selection.
So how is it that Dukes and Kings are able to abuse the system? (I don't understand your iteration)

3/1/2017 8:05:49 PM #24

Posted By Pteroguin at 2:58 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Why is it you think counts only get 3/4 slots? The last DJ clearly states you get that Dukes get up 24 counts, what makes you think there will be less towns in counties than there are counties? Using the math they have outlined 6 Kingdoms per Starting Continent, 12 Duchies per Kingdom, 24 Counties per Duchy - per the latest released DJ - you can see you'll more than likely have up to 48 mayor spots. As a count you understand the reservation policy. I'm confused why this is so difficult for me to express to you. You can ensure they get IN your county, just not where. I also think it's very dependant threatening someone from day one, well that goes both ways. You piss the wrong person off and they'll just dump money into EP points and make your life a giant pain in the ass. They won't care about the title. Salt goes both ways, especially when you start talking about rando attacking someone who likes your land, and decides to deploy there. You in a higher position will always have more to lose, and will have more localized and solidify locations to be struck. Your open discussion of it is even more hilarious to me. Peopel who get hit hard by their own Kingdom/Duchy/ County/ Mayorship is going to spend all of the time from KoE to Launch learning how to destroy you. As you fight your war, others around you will gain strength and power, you'll have a diminished start all because you couldn't politic. Any Duke or King who doesn't have high influence can utilize the reservation system. That STILL doesn't make them immune to the Influence grab of someone with high Influence, or domain selection when it comes to Kings. A low influence Kingdom will get whatever they get for biome selection.
So how is it that Dukes and Kings are able to abuse the system? (I don't understand your iteration)

Ive been talking settlements into counties. 3-4 settlements per county. Meaning that there is a pretty good chance your friend is outpicked if you have good land and seeing that I plan to be the top 100 out of all servers by land selection I will have pretty good land. Counting my settlement that means my county can only hold 2-3 more people. If I gift someone a mayor pledge that will have 0 influence according to Caspians recent post saying only you get the influence of gifting cas you spent the money. What are the odds my last pick friend can get a spot in a county with top 100 Influence rivaling duke tiers. Not good, I would say lotto odds tbh.

Like I said, I'm not gifting someone without the green light so it wasn't a threat. Even if it was I am confident that my guild coming with me can hold their own. Along with count allies and the alliance of other settlements in my county. Imo it would take more coordination then it's worth. Especially if more members keep applying to transfer games to our CoE team. Even if you could take it, we have the numbers to make it unlivable but that's irrelevant but thanks for your concern?

So it is ok for dukes and kings to reserve vassals using the gifting mechanics but it is not ok for counts to reserve settlements? That's where your losing me.

Whether intended or not, the merging and later unmerging of counties,duchies and kingdoms allow reservation leaving mayors the only title that cannot do this.

If your saying being able to reserve a spot using gifting is not okay, then why is it okay for higher tiers? It is either okay or not.

I don't know anymore.

3/3/2017 12:20:44 PM #25

Posted By En at 12:41 PM - Sat Feb 25 2017

hear me out:

i think if that's the case, then maybe just put the cash together and buy a bigger pack, or buy the "villager token" a couple of times to add land and then you have one (1) big mass of land and they can get the "perks" in a different manner, as for me i'm just a mayor and hope to see my friend in game at some point and help him out if i can with the carriage for two (2) and go from there, none of this complicated BS I've been reading.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/7/2017 9:40:56 PM #26

wasn't this resolved by allowing dukes, counts, kings to reserve X spaces. Thus even if you gave your friend a pledge and they had 0 influence they would still be guaranteed a place in your lands even if not the best place?

3/7/2017 9:42:59 PM #27

Posted By Necoryuu at 4:40 PM - Tue Mar 07 2017

wasn't this resolved by allowing dukes, counts, kings to reserve X spaces. Thus even if you gave your friend a pledge and they had 0 influence they would still be guaranteed a place in your lands even if not the best place?

No, the guys with more money got mad that you could have friends.

I don't know anymore.

3/18/2017 12:04:12 AM #28

I think what he is asking is:

(1) Do we know how many settlements/strongholds are in each County; (EDIT -- We do not - because they will be of varied size and utility) and

(2)Do Counts/Countessas get to reserve land or a specific amount of locations for Barons per Kingdom privilege just as Kings and Dukes?; and

(3) Will the Kingdom Barons also then pick based on IP so those Kingdom allocations are filled in some kind of order?

3/31/2017 8:14:59 AM #29

hear me out:

Really the situation is cut and dry, if you wanted be 4 or 5 counties into one, You should have just started a paypal account and pooled your money than merged the accounts when SBS starts that process. Now you have to have 4 or 5 counts in the same duchy with the same or close to the same EP when domain selection starts. Its bad planning on your groups part not SBS's fault. Remember we are donating to build Caspains game not funding Caspain to build our game.