COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
User Performance Question

So, while reading about the APIs, I had a question come to mind. With all the dynamic features of this game, causing items, locations, and characters to change code, would it be in my best interest to install this on a regular hard drive rather than a solid-state hard drive? I know that if I attempt to render video or pictures using my SSD, the product is often corrupted which is one reason why these tasks are often suggested to be done using a standard or hybrid drive.

I originally asked this question on the dev journal "Labor of Love" and will post a response here if I receive on there.

3/7/2017 7:51:06 PM #1

Hello DrTank09 ;)

I'm going to be using SSD myself , I been playing bunch of MMO games on SSD to have better performance since its not mechanical drive but solid and I never had problems while playing games. I do know that when rendering or using high-quality pictures when saved on SSD in some cases it can be corrupted but its rare, but when comes to games i never had a problem. Since all game related data will be stored on SBS servers it will be save to say you wont be affected to corrupt any data as it will not be stored on your hardware. So from my personal opinion and recommendation go ahead and use SSD :)

3/7/2017 7:57:59 PM #2

I use a SSD myself and only a mid range video card from most games and haven't seen any issues. And benchmark tests seem better if I install on it rather than my regular drive.

3/7/2017 8:01:24 PM #3

Indeed! I remember when my Mechanical Standard drive burned and I was like , I'm done! from that day;I no longer have any mechanical anymore! Just SSDs and I'm highly satisfied.

3/7/2017 8:25:09 PM #4

Not sure I've ever heard of those kinds of issues with SSDs before. I've been using only an SSD for a few years now and I've never had anything get corrupted. All my games launch and run much faster when installed on an SSD as well.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

3/10/2017 4:15:22 AM #5

Speaking of Performance, who is getting GTX1080Ti that will be released on Friday? :D

That will give you quite Performance :DD