COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Biome difficulties and solutions and crafting questions?

So I was watching the Biome Q&A and they started to talk about the difficulty in finding water. I can understand it being difficult out in the desert, but what about the far north?

Everything is frozen, but it could be melted. Would one be able to melt snow in order to make water?

What about the fuel required for certain real life metallurgical reactions? In places that are extremely humid, it could be very difficult to dry out wood for a smelting pit. Regular wood can only burn up to a certain temperature before the water caps that chemical process. This seems to be a game of detail, so it makes me wonder if kilns for creating white charcoal would be a thing?

2/4/2017 9:54:25 PM #1

Im also interested in an answer to this question.

2/5/2017 12:58:01 AM #2

With each opportunity comes difficulty. Just guessing here but I would say it would be totally possible to melt the snow or ice from a river providing you have the wood (and later perhaps a different source). However what wood will be a available in a frozen wasteland? How much will be available? Will it be dry? All important questions because if you only have a little wood, then you can only melt a little snow and wood will not burn forever. We will just have to wait and see the details on this along with many other such questions.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/5/2017 1:19:20 AM #3

Ahh, but what if the wood is not the fuel source? What if pteroguin blubber is my fuel?

Really we have no way of knowing until the devs inform us, but I wanted this question to be out here because I really would like to know what sort of depth is going to be in the crafting system.

I do thank you for your response Sullen.