COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Role of the Mayor

Hello all, Morgana here, i'm quite interested and curios to know what other CoE players who chose the role of a mayor specifically will be focusing on within their towns, villages or cities - i personally planning on having a focus on trade,commerce and investment but i wanted to see what other players with the same role had chosen and the measures they would follow to make sure they essentially prosper.

2/6/2017 11:43:02 PM #1

I would like for my town to be as centrally located within the kingdom as possible, with the main feature of the town being a large inn. The idea is that it is a travel hub for weary travelers to stop and rest before continuing on to wherever they're going. If possible I'll choose a town in an area with ample resources for farming and raising livestock in order to keep the inn supplied.

2/6/2017 11:55:04 PM #2

I want my town to be pushing economy to a higher level in my county/duchy and to be a resupply point for everyone heading out to frontlines or going treasure hunting.

I will be directly supporting all kinds of non combat professions and will strive to make my town succeed first, then work on my own blacksmithing profession.

Carantenum is looking for more citizens. Click on the signature for more information!

2/7/2017 3:22:56 AM #3

Not entirely sure where we're going to set up shop, but we'll most likely be mostly self-sufficient mercenaries

3/1/2017 1:43:54 AM #4

[REDACTED]

[/REDACTED]

3/1/2017 2:17:06 AM #5

First off, Morgana and Jastaronge, welcome to the site and the community of CoE. Feel free to ask your questions or voice your opinions without any fears, we are a friendly bunch.

In my view a Mayor has the responsibility to maintain and try to grow the town if possible but their real responsibility is to support the players in the area. Try to pull together the natural resources needed for crafting, providing the stations on which to craft, then possibly providing a trade route to sell the items seems to be what a mayor is all about. By adding a Inn and a few more business in the town it will really help it grow. And as a Mayor with a town council you can delegate some tasks to it's members which will free up plenty of time to actually pursue a craft yourself or just run off and explore the area.

Again Again, welcome to the CoE Community...

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/2/2017 1:40:21 AM #6

I chose the mayor tier pack and bought a lot of what is now known as EP. My entire goal is to make my town into a 150 large player city with a courthouse and all the works. My goal after that would be to be able to run it as a capital of a kingdom.

I have to find the right Count, Duke, and Kingdom, but I have some very interesting ideas for laws in my city. I want the legal system to be one of the most unique systems, assuming we'll be allowed to alter laws to our own accord. I want it to be THE place all the rejects of Elyria dwell. I want there to be a very public and open "black market". Definitely very commerce/ trade oriented. A place where people go to get assassination contracts and mercenary contracts without scrutiny. I also want it to lead in architects, builders, stonemasons, and bankers. Sort of like a medieval version of Tortuga, Venice, and Switzerland all mashed into one city. I can't wait to see how it shapes up as it gets closer to launch.

3/2/2017 2:03:56 AM #7

My mayors knew what they wanted and joined my county because our interests aligned. We're very trade and economic focused and because of that I have breeders, farmers, and brewers. We're a food first focused county although my city itself is focused on the shipping portion to ensure a quality market and influx of goods that we may be lacking in. It's good to have balance after all.

Friend code: 2D42A1

3/2/2017 2:29:23 AM #8

Industry, trade, and growth. Take advantage of local resources, sponsor and promote craftsmen in the city, and work on both economic and civic expansion.

A large number of trade partners ensures there will never be resource shortages, and a steady stream of income. Well constructed roads ensure higher mobility for troops from nearby forts, and promote travel.

Lastly, establish a significant cultural renaissance, ensuring top quality goods, well educated citizens, and becoming a hotspot for tourists and immigration.

3/2/2017 2:41:17 AM #9

I hope I can have my town somewhere out of the way, I hope to have minimum fame (hopefully this wouldn't stop me being a mayor). I would hopefully have a large temple if i can make my own religion multiple temples if i cant. And have a small tavern. My town would be devoted to making people heroic. So people that came past could tell their goals and then after some time would decide on a person to help. If there is no current person worthy to become heroic then will help organizations etc to accomplish an identity and direct new players to where i think they can best accomplish their ideas.

3/5/2017 1:40:15 PM #10

I hope I can find a place somewhere out of the way, too. I wanna create some kind of shelter for people, good and not very good ones. Perhaps a neutral place between two kingdoms, a place with a banned religion, perhaps some kind of illegal crafting. Depends on the possibilities of the game.

The basic idea is to help anybody who knows the real purpose of the settlement, in return they pledge themselves to help others at some point. Not for money like mercenaries, but rather a loose secret society.

Of course the settlement has to be camouflaged with some ordinary activities, perhaps running a mine nearby or the protection of roads from bandits.

4/1/2017 9:39:08 PM #11

As a mayor would like to be far enough away so people could expand and buy good farming land and by some water ie.. river or such. With farming and brewing breeding could create a inn, stable and storage facility or Store for a trade route. would like a school if possible as the game progress but of course got to get married and have kids to heir my title. Right now I haven't whether I want the magistrate or mayor package.

4/5/2017 4:57:46 PM #12

Im going for everything war related in my Fort. If you're looking for PvP supplies I'll have what you need. Blood for the blood god ;)

4/5/2017 5:03:21 PM #13

Filthy heretic ! Burn him, for the Emperor !

By the way Peppy, holding a fort is a Baron's job, which are for military purpose, and Mayor for economic purpose.

A fort will cost a lot of money, that's why Barons will make a contract with their Duke in order to be funded.

It's not likely for Mayors to get a fort.

4/5/2017 6:26:25 PM #14

I'll be doing my utmost to give the residents of my town the best possibility of a fulfilling career that I can, but even I know that I can't do everything so I'll be looking at my fellow neighbouring barons/mayors aswell as the count to cooperate and trade resources.

To me it's important to know one's limitations and work out from that. What are the natural resources, which guilds have settled, who are the people, what are their wishes and so on. Having multiple focuses which you funnel funds into, will hinder the town's progress since the funds themselves are finite and I believe it will be difficult for it to prosper.

I plan on being very flexible right now and will always listen to what the members of the town/barony thinks since their wants and needs are what drives the town itself. So far I only know it will be centralized, but not exactly how centralized. Come land selection, that's going to be a lot of fun to figure out.

4/5/2017 7:33:27 PM #15

Our towns will most likely be border towns, offering safe haven for the lawless and mercs of CoE. Still waiting to see if mechanics can support this type of direction.

UDL