COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
First Post - Time Sinks of Power

Hello folks, first post from me. Having spent a good few hours trying to get my head round the games mechanics I'm pretty excited by it. I will more than likely buy a package of some description to get beta or possibly alpha access but have concerns about what having a title might involve.

Is there any guidance on what kind of "RTS" time per week would be needed to be a good Baron or Mayor for example? I do have a lot of free time but its in blocks as I work a 2 week on 3 week off shift pattern and the weeks on shift mean I'm out of the house for 14 hours a day so playtime while working would be very little. With that in mind could I run a town when I'm effectively absent regularly for 2 game years, and more so an annual vacation means I'm working 2 weeks, holidaying for 3 weeks then working for 2 weeks so that is 8 game years with little time played.

I read a post where someone suggested they would run things using a blind trust - is that actually a feature or is it a wishful thought?

Look forward to some feedback. I played Darkfall and Darkfall UW for about 5 years and have been looking for something to fill that space for a while now, CoE looks like it could be the one.

2/11/2017 12:18:10 AM #1

dev journal 18 covered this. it said that running a town would take around 4-6 hours a week, a city would be 6-8 hours a week. We don't really know what those duties are but i would assume that being absent for a couple weeks at a time would be problem. you would have to give other people the authority to act as mayor and make decisions for you while your gone. Letting someone else send taxes to the count wont be a problem but there might be features that only you the mayor have access to. I would just assume that it may cause some kind of problem since major things might happen to the town without you knowing about it.

2/11/2017 4:00:26 PM #2

Thanks for that, if I were to buy a Mayor package then and choose not be a Mayor, can I sell the Mayor title, or trade it for EP?

2/11/2017 5:20:55 PM #3

yes, you can either trade your title for EP or transfer/gift the title to another player

Friend Code: B8ADDD

2/11/2017 6:53:42 PM #4

Ok, thanks. I don't suppose anyone knows of a table in the many DJ/wikis telling how many EP each title can be relinquished for. I'm swithering between Mayor and Magistrate, despite the extra cost Magistrate looks like it might be better value given there's a villa thrown in. Guess I need to look for a thread on the relative values of packages, sure to be one somewhere :)