COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
To guild or not to guild?

To some they create paths to others they create tunnels

What do people think of this statement?

I think groups of people can help connect people looking for answers but also i find i like forming my own opinions and forming natural relationships.

Is our destiny to be a part of a herd and contribute to a pack mentality?

2/14/2017 8:12:05 AM #1

I think this is a very interesting thought.

And I think both cases are true depending. For example, the past guilds I have made though yes we have focused on our guild and growing and stuff, I encourage seeking relationships, building your own stories, brokering alliances and things of the sort as well as giving chance to rise. But even so, there is still a tunnel around the path. More like a tunnel through a mountain. Sure I'm giving you a path way, and on the other side there may be more baths and roads to take, but at the end you're stuck to this path.

But this game, as they've mentioned countless times, is different. the world is much more dynamic and there isn't that real one track mind, which is grind to the end, grind pvp, get this do this get armor higher your level blah blah blah. Of course there are those aspects but there is much more.

For example, Soon I'll be opening my guild, Wardens of The Void. Though our main goal will be to be a strong force who at the core, is to protect our settlements, lands and kingdoms as well as further research and information on the basis of Guarding our lands and whatnot, We're not going to be at war all the time I presume lol. So we'll have our members live their lives. Almost like the Grey Wardens in Dragon Age. When they are needed, they will be called upon to do their duty. Other wise, they just try to further the guild through adventure, exploration, recruitment, meeting people, research and growing in stature themselves. So for the most part, it's a way to interact, meet people, make connections grow as a group out wards not down one path. If that makes sense.

So in the end, in this game, I do not think it's part of a herd or pack mentality per say. But to use your analogy a bit, I think it is both a path and a tunnel to be in a guild.... But it's not a bad thing in this game... I mean... we did hit the pledge milestone, so we can dig and tunnel every which way ;)

Sorry if it's hard to understand and if grammar is off. just got off a 14 hour shift...

2/14/2017 3:20:53 PM #2

I dont think youve wrote anything confusing etc.

Yeah it feel confusing on how to have your own ideas while being a part of a group. I guess its something that just people do to varying degrees.

I guess as long as its a tunnel and it doesnt become a cave you will at least be progressing and not becoming stagnant. I hope this game works I can't really imagine how people would play in this game

3/25/2017 5:05:31 AM #3

Guilds throughout MMOs have always been helpful for certain players. The way that you play and the certain ways that some guilds get together and can be able to assist their members. successful guilds help out their lowest members, bolstering their ranks and abilities to raid. It is not uncommon to see great members guild up.

DarkYeoman