COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NME] No Mercy Empire

Link to the original thread

Our History We have a strong history in games that use hunger, criminal, jail, stamina, and player looting mechanics since the early 2000s. We understand what type of game CoE promises to be and how to go about playing a deviant character intelligently as to avoid capture and most importantly, detection. CoE offers more options for subtlety than previous MMORPGs and we will be feeling out for the optimal playstyle as deviants to avoid ramifications.

No Mercy Empire is a deviant guild designed to outlast all other deviant guilds. We will be playing on the NA-E server. Our members understand that CoE is a story-driven game that is expected to last 10 years. Members practice deviant skills in private or privately together in order to master their skill sets, and understand using them requires planning and tact. The guild will attempt to shield members who are brought to trial and try to have the sentencing lessened through varies means. Members are encouraged to ask for assistance in planning events and to use their best judgement while carrying out their deviant actions so as to not get caught. This means either being subtle as to avoid detection or using guerrilla tactics in broad daylight.

Our aim and goal is to maintain our anonymity as deviants in society as we take advantage of our skills to create opportunities for ourselves and become stronger and more influential than most of the players who have political power. Through our power, we will act as an invisible hand influencing many aspects of the game eventually bringing chaos and devastation to cities, counties, duchies, and kingdoms.

Are you interested in killing high profile targets for a handsome payment? Would you rather gain vast wealth by any means necessary? Maybe you're interested in stealing every object of value or significance in a kingdom. Those interested should send a PM asking about membership in No Mercy Empire.

No Mercy Empire will not accept immature members into the guild nor will we accept griefers. Both bring unwanted play-styles and unnecessary attention to the guild.

There are those who protect the world, those who sit back and watch it burn, and a small group of deviants holding gasoline and matches.

Link to the original thread

4/27/2017 3:14:53 PM #1

Unable to edit the original and semi-outdated post due to the use of URLs, but we are still welcoming interested members. :)

4/27/2017 3:45:34 PM #2

pity your on NA-E (west coast best coast and all that :D), but good luck in your recruiting :D

4/27/2017 9:47:00 PM #3

I 2nd Nagashs' comment and I'm also very happy to see someone else willing to play the long game.

Grant Count Urban of UrLore
[NA-W] Kingdom of Riftwood, The Duchy of Ailamos Defending my dinner

4/28/2017 2:24:57 PM #4

We've been around for a while now so maybe you haven't noticed us before, Urban.. but thanks.

This thread is only "new" because the original one in the "Guilds" forum was moved here to recruitment. I remade this one into the guild forum and it was again moved here.

Also,

East Coast is superior to the West Coast

4/30/2017 10:31:32 PM #5

Hey, you should try and talk with other deviant guilds to form a larger entity for when large scale operations may or may not be planned.

O, and put yourself in the directory :D

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

5/1/2017 6:40:02 AM #6

That was the original plan. Very few saw benefits from forming such an organization, so I decided to start the organization as something smaller that has the potential to grow without limit.

8/19/2017 3:21:01 AM #7

Recruiting more members. Original post updated.

2/14/2018 2:46:42 PM #8

Is this the updated thread or do you have another one?

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

2/27/2018 12:58:26 PM #9

This is the thread.

10/9/2018 1:17:21 AM #10

I had posted this a few years ago on another would be deviant's guild. I still think it has relevance today...

When I think of an RP Assassin's Guild, some things regarding the organization and function of the guild come to mind...

Contact with the guild should be gated behind several layers. The members of the guild who carry out the contact killings should never be in direct contact with clients. Non-serious inquiries, law enforcement and enemies must not be allowed to make contact with the guild.

This will likely make it so that assassinations are not a common occurrence and would allow for the guild to be very selective of which contracts they accept.

The guild should have a main base but not in the sense of where all members congregate and store items, etc...It should be located in a lawless and known criminal city to discourage most from seeking it out. Few members would actually go here as it would be primarily a vault of guild records and a funnel for financial and other resources.

Roles in the guild should allow for it to operate in any region it chooses. Roles should also make it possible for the guild to to meet most of its needs without outside help.

Assassin: These are obviously the contract killers. Trained primarily in combat and stealth and to a lesser degree deception (disguises).

Spy: Facilitate the flow of information an Assassin needs to take out their target. They are trained primarily in infiltration and stealth and to a lesser degree, combat.

Handler: These are the POC for jobs in a local area. They are in charge of client communication and community relations. Community relations typically involve things like blackmail, extortion and recruitment. They are also involved in making sure Assassins and Spies don't have to worry about where to stay before a job or how to get out of dodge once successful.

A handler, assassin and one or more spies comprise a kill team. Mobile units that take jobs and represent the guild. While important they all understand that they are expendable if they fail at their task.

Non-combatant Guildsmen:

Thieves steal. Simple. They operate where marks are plentiful and the possibility of stealing high value items is real. Usually take on another NCG role as well.

Crafters are the guilds primary revenue generation source. Their goods go to members and merchants.

Merchants sell what crafters and thieves provide them. Some travel while others are more permanent fixtures in an area; possibly doubling as an informant.

Informants are charged with being the eyes and ears of the guild. They are spread far and wide keeping the guild informed. They attempt to obtain positions of prominence in order to report on politics, economics and potential jobs - in which case they would contact a handler to bring a kill team to the area.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Please share your thoughts...

-Kash

-Kash

10/9/2018 2:50:42 PM #11

We're not going to openly discuss the inner workings of our group, but those are good ideas. Why do you seek affirmation for your plans?

We are not an RP assassin's guild. We are a much larger and more intricate deviant guild that does not have one area of focus and relies on the coalescence of our members' skills to succeed in the areas we have interest in.

10/9/2018 8:42:36 PM #12

In my description of the guild theives, spies, artisans, and others are mentioned. I had posted this as a response to a thread years ago about an "RP Assassins" guild so that language is still in my post.

I don't know what type of structure you are thinking of so this was just a proposal based on being interested in one of many roles mentioned in my post. The structure is designed to avoid the scenario where a guild like this is quickly unraveled due to a few eventualities:

1. Members doing really stupid things
  2. People unskilled enough to complete tasks
  3. Destruction from within
  4. Going broke

I want to see you succeed but I don't think that this game's mechanics make it as easy as in other games. What I've posted are ideas for consideration.

-Kash

-Kash

10/10/2018 12:10:23 PM #13

They are good ideas. Thank you for your consideration. Have you clicked on any of the links in the above posts or my signature? You pulled up this recruitment post rather than the original post.

10/10/2018 5:42:15 PM #14

I was looking at the original thread a little bit - it's got 6 or so pages. At the end of it there was a link for the new thread, which brought me here.

Your guild concept seems like a better thought out version of something I had shown interest in when I first visited these forums a few years back so I decided to post again.

-Kash

-Kash

11/26/2018 11:14:16 PM #15

I pmed you