COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E] Barony Skyggen Holde

Skyggen Holde

Kingdom: Vörnair

Duchy: The Grand Duchy of Erzhalden

County: Völsung County

I welcome all prospective residents and loyal Vorn to Skyggen Holde, the Shadow Keep. The Barony and home of the warlike Sorli clan, whose ancient fortress and traditions stand to keep the faith in the old gods burning strong. Skyggen Holde is not just a fortress, but also a home to myself and all who maintain it. Though steeped in the traditions and ancient faith of the Nordic people, neither is a prerequisite for settling with us. I run a progressive Barony, where quality of life, success, and sense of community play a large part in the success of our military enterprises. To that end, the Holde welcomes all professions and play styles. Whether you are a member of the elite warrior Hostfolkene, tavern owner, farmer, adventurer, or craftsman, you will find a safe haven and safe room to grow within our walls. I have every intention of working with all to build and maintain Skyggens Holde's reputation as a force to be feared and reckoned with. Just as I have pledged to serve Jarl Bälen, so to do I pledge to protect you. Feel free to PM me or stop by the Völsung County Discord for more information.

Lord Hjalmar Sorli, the Grey Baron

A brief history of the Skyggen Holde, as written in the Steypabók; the Book of Ruins:

The history of the Shadow Keep is steeped in tradition, blood, and bloody unpleasant history. Long before the keep was built, it was a gathering place for mysterious beings and evil creatures. Folk lore states that the first settlers tricked those ancient beings and bound them to the soil, forcing a kind of blessing upon the land and those who live upon it. In the following centuries, the region flourished. Advances in carpentry and metallurgy led to a golden age of raiding. It was the skills and tactics learned in this time that brought the Hostfolkene, the mightiest warriors in the Holde, to fame and glory. Much could be said of their deeds in the War of Many Banners, but more still will be said of their prowess in the ages to come. They will not give ground, but go charging boldly into battle as their allies send deadly arrows whistling overhead, softening the enemy just as the deadly Host send them screaming into the afterlife. Though not the first to answer Rhyne's Call, those early holders of the Shadow Keep saw the potential for riches and glory and gave their oath of loyalty to the High King. Since then, the unbroken Sorli bloodline has ruled over the Holde, protecting the surrounding lands and the ancient traditions and customs as old as the very foundations of the Keep.

Volsung County

Volsung County Discord

Hjalmar Sorli, The Gray Baron of Skyggen Holde

2/17/2017 12:29:27 PM #1

Edited, added Volsung County links.

2/19/2017 9:29:22 PM #2

Looks good Myshka!

I look forward to visiting Skyggen Holde and working with you and your resident's for the good of Völsung County.

Anyone interested in joining Myshka in Skyggen and Völsung County please join us on Discord any time. We are happy to provide you with more info and answer any questions you may have.

Count Hrothgar Valdarson

2/20/2017 12:56:25 PM #3

Thank you, Rostik.

2/23/2017 4:05:56 AM #4

Really like the lore. I am planning on being an adventurer, scout. I am in.

2/25/2017 12:57:12 PM #5

I am planning on building a tavern, for which, I will need someone to run. Also in the works will be a commercial smithy and library that will be available to the residents. Anyone who has additional ideas, feel free to contact me, and we can discuss them.

Baroness Myshka Forlatt

2/26/2017 5:16:35 PM #6

Myshka is a Baroness with some big plans who is also willing to work with her residents prior to launch to ensure they have what they need. (Which is pretty awesome btw).

Contact her here on the forums or join us on the Völsung County Discord any time for more info about Skyggen Holde.

Count Hrothgar Valdarson

3/3/2017 2:45:54 PM #7

Thank you for the kind words, Count Valdarson. As stated, all playstyles and professions are welcomed, encouraged, and supported. Stop by Volsung county Discord, or PM me with any questions you may have.

Baroness Myshka Forlatt

3/8/2017 12:32:38 PM #8

The Barony is growing and still has room for more. All playstyles and professions are welcome. PM or contact me on the Volsung County Discord with any questions you might have. I look forward to hearing from you.

Baroness Myshka Forlatt

3/11/2017 6:00:01 PM #9

Please join our County Discord for more info about Skyggen Holde and Volsung County. We have some great people and Myshka is building a very strong and prosperous Barony. Skyggen Holde has a wonderful backstory and lore and i look forward to seeing it prosper in-game.

Come chat with us and learn more! We are always happy to answer any questions and provide more info.

Count Hrothgar Valdarson

3/16/2017 12:33:24 PM #10

We still have openings across the boards, for all play styles and professions. Join me and the family on Volsung county Discord, for more information.

Baroness Myshka Forlatt

3/18/2017 4:57:45 PM #11

Join Myshka and her followers as they work to make Skyggen Holde the foremost Barony within Volsung county and the Grand Duchy of Erzhalden.

Join our county Discord or message Myshka or myself here on the forums for more details or with any questions. We are always happy to chat.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Count Hrothgar Valdarson af Volsung

3/26/2017 4:27:18 PM #12

Please join us on Discord to learn more about Skyggen Holde and Völsung County as a whole. We are coming up with some interesting lore in regards to the County and "The Goddess of the North".

Join Myshka and the rest of us on Discord any time and learn more about her Barony, the County, etc.

Count Hrothgar Valdarson af Völsung

4/4/2017 11:40:57 AM #13

Looking for residents of all playstyles and professions. Join our growing community. Visit us on the Volsung County Discord or PM me with any questions you may have.

4/11/2017 2:13:00 PM #14

May the Goddess of the North forever protect and favor Skyggen Holde!

4/11/2017 2:24:20 PM #15

If anyone has any military questions, please send them this way. I'm happy to answer them!

Hjalmar Sorli, Forste to Lady Myshka Forlatt