COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
For my beliefs

Is there anyway we can encourage players to play motivated by their beliefs? I know its what the devs want but if its possible would be nice to think of things we can do ourselves to at least add some complexity. I think the game feels so much stronger if people are playing to accomplish a purpose other than "be the best". It would be fun to build up some big red herring, maybe something hilarious or maybe something dramatic.

I don't know what we would do but hey we've got time

2/17/2017 2:08:30 PM #1

Sure if you think ideas would be helpful

For achievement based players

Goals, Milestones, Achievements, Chronicled History, Player written Timeline, Build to X Height, Build a Kingdom Wall.

For social players

Social events, Families, Houses, Roleplaying Communities, Gatherings, In game Books and Libraries, Musical Skill System (which I hope gets some depth) for taverns.

For Pkers

Arenas, Gladiator Leagues, King of the Hill Events (Knock Down)

For Explorers

Rare Finds, Naming Landmarks, Discovering Rare Breeds, Recipes. A University of Magic Investigation for example, which has the goal of finding out everything there is to know about the unknown.

Hope it helps. What ideas do you have?

Friend Code: 699036

2/17/2017 2:39:34 PM #2

Thats a nice breakdown. But i guess the way i wad thinking if spread some rumor that there a special beast in some area hard to get to. Eventually a bunch of people plan to go there despite the cost in resources. But then all that is there is a player pretending to be an NPC that gives them an elaborate story on how to awaken their talents. After telling the story he jumps off a cliff or drinks some poison and causes permadeath to himself.

And possibly cut off the adventurers route back or plan it so that there will be particularly bad weather by the time they decide to return. And they all die.