COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
What would you do if you were a vampire in Chronicles of elyria

The vampires in chronicles of elyria seems like a good way to cheat aging

2/19/2017 3:15:34 PM #1

Indeed you cheat aging, but you'll have to hide the identity at all costs. I doubt people will allow you to live in their society since you're the one who has to drain their life force and shorten their lifespan. And once they find out about you, you'll most likely be killed and that would be a permadeath for you.

To answer your question, I would not like to be a vamp, but if by some event or chance I will become one, I will probably take on some profession like alchemist or scholar that will keep me indoors most of the day and not rise too much suspicion. While trying to "feed" on someone discretely at night.

2/19/2017 3:25:49 PM #2

NPCs will hate and actively hunt you, and if you die once then it's permadeath. You also can't gain any skills except for absorbing it from other players/NPCs.

So although you could theoretically play for the rest of CoE's 10 year story without needing any more sparks of life, that would be a damn hard goal to achieve.

3/28/2017 11:11:07 PM #3

Posted By Barghest at 07:25 AM - Sun Feb 19 2017

NPCs will hate and actively hunt you, and if you die once then it's permadeath. You also can't gain any skills except for absorbing it from other players/NPCs.

So although you could theoretically play for the rest of CoE's 10 year story without needing any more sparks of life, that would be a damn hard goal to achieve.

you absorb skill from other players/npc, do you also absorb talents? if so that would be bad ass

3/28/2017 11:15:48 PM #4

Meh. Build a village way outside of any city. Breed an army of half-vampires. Give the children codes to friends and allies. Die a glorious death.

3/29/2017 2:18:51 AM #5

I would roleplay as blade. Telm my kingdom of my unfortunate affliction and have them send me to live off enemies and where possible hunt other vampires and research a cure

3/29/2017 2:24:26 AM #6

Seduce virgins.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/29/2017 11:35:36 AM #7

Be seduced by Themata.

3/29/2017 12:51:43 PM #8

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/29/2017 12:54:21 PM #9

On topic though, I definitely think there is some gameplay potential there for someone who wants to build some creepy manor in the outskirts and play as a vampire.

It would be the ultimate counter intelligence playstyle. You could post job listings in a main city and prey upon players and NPC's that came to fill the jobs. You could lure people into trade meetings in random small towns, feed on them and move on. Honestly it seems to me like the ultimate hardcore deviant playstyle.

3/29/2017 3:48:57 PM #10

I'd self-immolate and start a new character.

3/29/2017 5:44:50 PM #11

I'm not an aggressive player by nature. I'd start by trying to figure out my abilities and any way it might benefit those around me ie my kingdom.

Despite being a Count (cue Dracula jokes), if it meant part time delegating Count duties and picking up military type duties, or perhaps feeding on criminals and killers to protect honourable villagers, fair enough.

That sort of skill might benefit from a place of conflict.

3/29/2017 6:06:53 PM #12

Kill goats and then become the chupacabras

3/29/2017 6:16:33 PM #13

I honestly wouldn't know what to do tbh. If I logged in and was a vampire I would probably say "fuck me" log out and do prime calculations on how not to have a stake in my heart.

Or get some fame/rep for my family name by offing my self in the name of justice and humanity?

I don't know anymore.

3/29/2017 6:58:14 PM #14

If the Soulborn Engine decides to put me as a villain in that big plotline it's trying to unfold, I'll just go along with it; who cares about my own agenda when even the game itself wants my attention? ;)

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

3/29/2017 8:20:22 PM #15

I would have a friggin blast with it, just saying. The risk versus reward would make it fascinating and a challenge to play such a character. But then again I can be a bit warped at times. Heh