COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Ashes of Creation

Any of you folks also watching Ashes of Creation? It looks like another game being made by people who play games and just want a good one. Similar to CoE in many ways but very different in others.

It's one I am keeping an eye on. If you signup you can get random Alpha keys I believe.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com

2/19/2017 10:04:16 PM #1

It is also worth noting that if you use a referral link you are giving that person 15% of anything you spend on that game be it paid through subscription or cash shop (yes it has both). So be wary about what people presenting you with referrals links are saying. Such as the mention here of alpha keys which have not been confirmed for simply signing up and are more likely to be linked to the future kickstarter they have planned.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/19/2017 11:00:29 PM #2

Right on the welcome page they tell you to register for their weekly drawings. It's not really that hard to research and find this. It's literally on the landing page in big bold letters.

And the referral is similar to CoE. Nobody is getting rich but some might get some extra points or something. Yay.

4/21/2017 9:19:11 PM #3

The Kickstarter for this game goes live May 1st

4/21/2017 9:23:27 PM #4

The concept is interesting, but the subscription model kills it for me.

Referral Code: 912EC9

4/21/2017 10:16:54 PM #5

Seen AoC but to me, it looks and feels like a generic fantasy MMO. Environment looks lovely but the magic effects seem rather cheesy. Unless they figure out how to offer something unique or different, it's not clear why anyone would play Ashes of Creation over an MMO like Black Desert, which launched about a year ago in the US and with the exception of seasons, is superior visually (at least currently) in my opinion.

Friend Code: 4AC3A3

4/21/2017 11:00:40 PM #6

Do we really need another thread advertising another inferior CoE wannabe game?

CoE is better:)

4/22/2017 1:42:05 AM #7

Posted By Oracle at 4:00 PM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Agreed. And I don't think its cool to advertise another MMO in this forum in the first place. At least I wouldn't be happy about it if I was in SBS's position. It's similar to going to a restaurant and telling the customers "Hey, you should come and check out the restaurant next door instead!"

4/22/2017 1:46:48 AM #8

Posted By Reality at 9:42 PM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Agreed. And I don't think its cool to advertise another MMO in this forum in the first place. At least I wouldn't be happy about it if I was in SBS's position. It's similar to going to a restaurant and telling the customers "Hey, you should come and check out the restaurant next door instead!"

Its a cool sandbox mmo, why not?

4/22/2017 2:06:27 AM #9

Posted By Peasent4life at 6:46 PM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Posted By Reality at 9:42 PM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Its a cool sandbox mmo, why not?

True, it is a cool sandbox mmo and deserve support. But trying to do it here is...well...not cool imo. I don't want to state it openly, but it would really be no different from poaching members of another guild in a game. A person goes to another guild's recruitment thread and say "My guild is similar to this one. We're also cool. Come check us out."

A discussion concerning the similarity and greatness of these two mmo is one thing. But the OP kinda just said "Hey, here's a MMO similar to CoE. Here's the link to the site." And the OP also forgot to mention that he will receive 15% of the money of everyone that uses that link. Well, he's edited it and removed his referral link now.

4/22/2017 2:20:54 AM #10

Posted By Oracle at 8:00 PM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Preach it.

4/22/2017 4:21:48 AM #11

I'm backing it. First of all, they are using EQNs Storybricks idea, and based on the video that came out today, it's looking damn good. Also looks to be further along than CoE. So in the least, i'll play Ashes until CoE sees the light of day.

Count of Sigil's Light, oathed to Duke Damius Kymerion and the Duchy of Thorne

4/22/2017 4:23:36 AM #12

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 2:04 PM - Sun Feb 19 2017

It is also worth noting that if you use a referral link you are giving that person 15% of anything you spend on that game be it paid through subscription or cash shop (yes it has both). So be wary about what people presenting you with referrals links are saying. Such as the mention here of alpha keys which have not been confirmed for simply signing up and are more likely to be linked to the future kickstarter they have planned.

You are wrong on the alpha key part. They have given away several already, as well as mounts and other in game items. Every week they name the winners. There is a list on the forum. I think they have been giving them away for 13 weeks or so.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/week-13-key-drawings/

Count of Sigil's Light, oathed to Duke Damius Kymerion and the Duchy of Thorne

4/22/2017 9:33:07 AM #13

Posted By Reality at 11:42 AM - Sat Apr 22 2017

Sure it's not about this game over games in general? Since someone put up "Come check out SC free flight weekend" in a thread just below this one, well before I reply and yet it's got +1 where this one has been spammed downvoted.

It's the tavern to talk about random crap. I really don't see the big deal personally. If this was in the general forum, then sure that be a dick a move. Or maybe it was more the person that posted this hasn't backed this game, which is understandable at least. Unlike the dude that posted the Star Citizen thread.

4/22/2017 9:35:56 AM #14

I'm not sure what to think of Ashes of Creation.

It seems to me they cant decide if they want to take a Theme Park route or a Sandbox route, and I dont think the two mix very well. Either go full Sandbox or Full Theme Park tbh.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

4/22/2017 1:42:55 PM #15

As someone not particularly interested in combat, they had too much emphasis on combat and war, and not enough on crafting for me to back it. Several MMO's that say they have a robust and interesting crafting system make it far to dependent on combat skills to gather resources, and don't invest enough into the quests and economy for a noncombat player to be truly invested in the world and community. The plans the Devs have put out make it sound like playing CoE will be engaging and rewarding for a large number of playstyles in a way I've never seen in an MMO. That's why I backed CoE, but am unlikely to back other sandbox MMO's.

Shieldwall Strong!