COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Question: Why did you join Chronicles of Elyria

Out of sheer curiosity I wanted to know what drives others into this epic game.

3/18/2017 12:14:46 AM #31

I'd like to say I put a lot of thought and research into the game, but tbh it was an impulse buy. :P

Turned out well though! I also saw it advertised on Facebook, love the idea of sandbox MMOs (played Eve for years), and dove right in. :)

3/18/2017 1:32:19 AM #32

I surched for any new MMO and was surprised to find my dreams of a medieval world with peacefull crafting fullfilled. A world of fantasy that can be formed with every action.

House Pyrros

3/18/2017 3:05:50 AM #33

I joined Chronicles of Elyria because;

1) It is the sort of game I have always dreamt of and have been waiting and hoping for ever since my first early experiences with gaming, where while I enjoyed myself found myself constantly telling myself "this is cool, but I wish..."

2) To show support for such a game. I've never backed a Kickstarter before or an early alpha, but when I came across this game and saw it ticked many of my dream game boxes - boxes that many have said would never happen in a game because they were too unpopular - I felt that even if the game does turn out to be vaporware, that I had to chip in and put my money where my mouth is to show the gaming world at large that a game like this is wanted. A stand up and be counted sort of thing.

Imgur Imgur

3/18/2017 3:22:10 AM #34

I'm quite bitter toward MMO designers in general after the last few years of releases, angry with the stolid refusal to stray too far from WoW's base model (which is shit, and was always shit). I was getting to the point where I was trying to learn to program myself because I wanted to make something very similar to SbS's vision for CoE, though with a heavier emphasis on the fantasy element of it. The team's vision, along with the degree of careful planning and meticulous attention to detail evident in the existing game schematic and openness to positive criticism, is what won me over. The game plan has a few bits and pieces that I dislike or disagree with, but the overall structure is sound and - surprisingly - the community looks like it might actually live up to the potential the developers are creating for us in the game. I'm terrified we'll go the way of Aion, but I'm also pretty confident that CoE will be a trailblazer, and an incredible success. Even after the post-launch dropoff of bitter, self-entitled twits who find freedom of action doesn't mean what they think it does.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

3/18/2017 12:41:14 PM #35

I ran across a reference to CoE while looking for information on another game. Researched it and it looks really great. I love the crafting element of MMOs and this one seems to have the best fit for us crafters. You can literally stay in town and make stuff to your hearts content, the research aspect is a big plus. The biggest draw to me was the actual number of different trade skills there appears to be.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

3/18/2017 2:26:23 PM #36

a while back i read a book called ream de. it had a video game in it that i thought may be fun to play....

never really seen a game like that.

then i stumbled across this game.... read about it, looked at a load of videos on you-tube and thought - it's not identical but maybe....

still not made up my mind which of the packages to buy but there is time yet.

3/19/2017 2:03:07 AM #37

to pew pew pew

3/19/2017 3:00:13 AM #38

To explore and sail across unmarked lands and realms.

I hear the rum is good too.

- Shmuck

3/19/2017 3:20:25 AM #39

I was driven here by sheer boredom of life and the other stagnating MMOs. And CoE seemed like the perfect game to sate my thirst for something new and revolutionary. Either it goes as planned and the world becomes worth living again, or it fails and I go back to the gloomy days of boredom.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/20/2017 10:50:23 PM #40

After the shutdown of the SMT:I NA server I've been looking for a new gaming "home". I play a lot of games, I've played pretty much everything in the MMORPG catagory, but nothing gives the same feeling it did.

Then I saw CoE and what it's creating. I was hooked. From everything I've read, and everything I've seen, it's the game of prophecy... the one we've been waiting for... the one that will save us all from the epic amounts of "meh" that has taken over the MMO world.

If it's even half of what I hope it to be, it may be my new home.

Friend Code: B1DD85 NA-W Neran, beyond that not sure what I'm going to be when I grow up.

3/21/2017 12:15:43 AM #41

I checked out CoE because it seems like a fantasy Eve Online, but much more personal.

Reading up more on it, it seemed like the perfect MMO to stick with- I can't stand endgame content or linearity in MMOs, and this has neither.

I would also like to throw out there that I'm more more of a realist (pessimist) when it comes to games that have yet to be released- I predicted NMS's core issues, and was right on the money, though I didn't expect the god-awful optimization.

Because of my realism (pessimism), I don't have as high hopes as the rest of the community does, but regardless the core concept is very solid, and it should be great even if it falls short of Soulbound's extremely high goals.

I just hope for the sake of the game's longevity that everyone else's unbelievably high expectations don't sink the game if it doesn't live up to them.

3/23/2017 9:28:21 AM #42

My older brother told me about it I poked around a bit read a few dev journals loved the concept of it all made an account and here we are.

Don't mind me just digging your grave.

3/23/2017 10:01:56 AM #43

i moved away from home for work and found myself hoping for something to occupy my free time, a new mmo seems like it would be the best thing, unfortunately the Internets i have here is not very stable as i'm sharing with others, but i might end up coming home around launch time/expo, hopeing to play daily like i have with other mmos, being mayor i will have my duty to attend to. been eager to start working on my town and building some new friendships (my clan has been dying a bit over the past months due to irl things and people unable to decide what games to play.) regardless of how many of my clan members pick the game up i'm very much looking forward to trying to manage a town, the whole concept of this game is very impressive, might even make an a lot or ward to explore my county and further.

3/27/2017 6:22:16 AM #44

Low-fantasy game capable of incorporating a full and self-generating world. I like. Then, there's the skill system and the Alchemy-related stuff.

Seems like fun.

3/27/2017 11:59:49 AM #45

Low fantasy mmo with skill ramps and permadeath.