COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Uniforms

Do guilds and organisations expect to have uniforms? Perhaps Have hired blacksmith(s) and give free weapons/armour do people that have joined the military/security if they have completed some kind of induction. Or they have to supply certain items to join the military (though I feel this would be harder to do).

I feel like it would look cool to see what looks to be a real military.

Also it could be used to indicate rank.

3/1/2017 4:54:28 AM #1

That would be up to the organization. However if the leaders are smart, they will provide the necessary tools for members to able to fulfill their duties or provide assistance in attaining said tools. Uniforms would be more necessary in a military organization as way to distinguish friend from foe in battle, not sure if its as necessary for civilian groups.

3/3/2017 7:46:35 PM #2

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 05:54 AM - Wed Mar 01 2017

That would be up to the organization. However if the leaders are smart, they will provide the necessary tools for members to able to fulfill their duties or provide assistance in attaining said tools. Uniforms would be more necessary in a military organization as way to distinguish friend from foe in battle, not sure if its a necessary for civilian groups.

While it does make sense to prioritise the more practical needs, uniforms would greatly improve the sense of unity for some types of groups, especially if said group holds some prestige. Many people would like being recognisable as a member of a renowned adventurers guild. Not to mention, it would be practical if someone could know your trade from what you wear. It would make it easier to approach the right people.

Alt text

3/3/2017 8:47:05 PM #3

I just hope we can transfer our crest to the uniforms, armor, and shields or weapons.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/5/2017 8:38:42 AM #4

Shields are pretty much a given, shoulder patches and painted armour would indeed be nice. But why would you want it on your weapon? It'd require an expensive professional to create a crest that small while it wouldn't be nearly as visible as your shield and clothes/armor.

Alt text

3/5/2017 2:02:58 PM #5

Might depend on the weapon I guess, although an embossed/engraved crest or mark of some kind, while not visible unless up close, would indeed show ownership or a differentiation of a sorts that would have it usefulness. For example, say a cache of your organisation's weapons get stolen and a few weeks latter you see those weapons, with your organisation's sigil, being sold in a town the next county over.

Plus it just looks good when a group is decked out top to bottom in regimented gear.

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 2:54 PM - Wed Mar 01 2017

That would be up to the organization.

Agreed. It's up to the organisation or authority over said military group (town guard, etc) to decide; IF they are going to implement a uniform, WHAT form the uniform is going to take, and HOW they are going to implement it.

Imgur Imgur

3/5/2017 9:42:17 PM #6

Reikan, I'll tell you what attracted me to this game, there's no expectation, you do you and you live with the consequences. If you want a uniform for you 3 player herbalist guild, it's up to you, if you don't want a uniform for your 200 player mercs group, it's also up to you.

3/5/2017 10:42:57 PM #7

Posted By CalligoMiles at 02:38 AM - Sun Mar 05 2017

Shields are pretty much a given, shoulder patches and painted armour would indeed be nice. But why would you want it on your weapon? It'd require an expensive professional to create a crest that small while it wouldn't be nearly as visible as your shield and clothes/armor.

Its important so you don't lose your sword also if it earns a name in battle it will be worth more

Friend code 2f398a I am bound to the Luna server

3/6/2017 1:22:31 PM #8

The latter mostly applies to individual marks or those of master craftsmen, not to an identifier that belongs to an organisation.

Alt text

4/10/2017 6:14:13 PM #9

I plan on having scholarly robes in the guild's colors tailored for the high-ranking members as recognition of their skills and contributions, but uniforms are not going to be a requirement. Given that we are a research guild, the vast majority of our members will have professional, transactional relationships and the sense of community is more distant. I'd certainly be flattered if people want to wear the guild's colors, though.

I imagine it is different for military orders because matching tabards do provide a sense of unity, and simply helps allies recognize a member when they see them. On the flip side, it also makes it easy for the enemy to identify them, so I believe some orders will want to be less obvious about their membership and have something small, like a pin, to denote membership.

4/10/2017 6:49:45 PM #10

I will have a uniform for the County Guard

5/4/2017 2:04:37 PM #11

Tailors will unquestionably be able to crate uniforms or clothes with a distinguishing mark

5/4/2017 3:18:19 PM #12

I'm almost certain military groups and organisations will have uniforms (my intended use of my DE is to provide a uniform armour type to my ducal forces and those of my barons.

For more civilian organisations I can see the servants of noble houses wearing the livery of the house which they serve and schools who wish to have a formal identification of their members may have a tabard or robe of some sort. I just don't see mercantile groups (unless they're particularly large, powerful, or wealthy) expending the resources to provide a uniform when providing the base tools of their trade to members will be much more important.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/4/2017 3:26:54 PM #13

It apears to be a simple thing to do, from a thecnical point of view, a coat of arms in a shield or cape is very simple... a unique craving in the uniform breastplate and shoulderpads isn't, since it would probably require a specific 3D mesh. it will all depend of the amount of freedom that is expected when creating these uniforms.

i belive that the design experience of making your own set of armor may be used to create your army's uniform.

5/4/2017 3:39:03 PM #14

Posted By chipla at 12:18 PM - Thu May 04 2017

I'm almost certain military groups and organisations will have uniforms (my intended use of my DE is to provide a uniform armour type to my ducal forces and those of my barons.

As i said just above.

Posted By chipla at 12:18 PM - Thu May 04 2017

For more civilian organisations I can see the servants of noble houses wearing the livery of the house which they serve and schools who wish to have a formal identification of their members may have a tabard or robe of some sort. I just don't see mercantile groups (unless they're particularly large, powerful, or wealthy) expending the resources to provide a uniform when providing the base tools of their trade to members will be much more important.

A uniform may be something simple that doesn't require specific symbols, just default game clothes/colors but in a combination that has a recognizable identity in all the region/server...