COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
OPs can not be quoted

As the title suggests.

In any existing thread out there, original post can never be quoted (although all other posts after fist one can be).

This may simply be a glitch or a lack of current posting system.

I don't believe it was intended (at least I personally don't see a reason for not allowing first post to be quoted).

3/3/2017 11:30:55 PM #1

I guess OP posts are the ones most likely to change to reflect content. You could still copy text if you wanted to though..

3/4/2017 12:50:49 AM #2

Posted By Gothix at 11:30 PM - Fri Mar 03 2017

In any existing thread out there, original post can never be quoted (although all other posts after fist one can be).

Orly?

3/4/2017 1:29:20 AM #3

Posted By Barghest at 10:50 AM - Sat Mar 04 2017

Orly?

Srsly.

I have this issue too. I've had to copy/paste/manually-insert-tag quotes from OP's this whole time. Having said that I believe coming from another post reporting the same issue this is a issue specific to chrome users (I personally haven't tried other browsers to see if this is true because I can't be blowed downloading another browser just to do so) .

Imgur Imgur

3/4/2017 2:16:19 AM #4

Posted By Barghest at 01:50 AM - Sat Mar 04 2017

Orly?

Perhaps it's something with the forum rank system, apparently moderators can quote as we see here.

I know that I personally do not have quote button on OP, only like and dislike button. On all the rest posts after OP I have all 3 buttons.

I doubt its due to browser because then I wouldn't be able to quote any post. It wouldn't be restricted only to OP.

I'm taking example of the (currently) second post in this forum section (but it's like that everywhere for me).

OP:

Second post:

Notice the buttons.

3/4/2017 2:28:16 AM #5

Interesting.

It could explain why it hasn't been fixed yet, because the mods and development can't see it. Although that other thread had a dev's response and they mentioned they would work on it. I always figured we'd see that fix in one of the upcoming website updates. It could well be they already applied that "fix" and not realised it didn't do anything because noone reported it

Imgur Imgur