COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
How do you keep up with Elyrian friends?

Hello everyone I know that Elyria seems forever away and prealpha seems like a century away even. One of the most important factors in and guild or kingdom now would be to keep everyone active. It's hard to have people be active while playing the game let alone when the game isn't even in alpha.

So how do you keep up with your fellow Elyrians? Do you add them on Steam or xbox, play on minecraft servers with them, or maybe playing another mmo? Maybe you're in a discord group or a guild forum.

While it's nice to be connected to your guilds wouldn't it be better to be connected to more of your fellow Elyrians? I was wondering how we could increase activity in the community and forums and not just in our guilds. Do you have any ideas?

3/6/2017 2:04:34 AM #1

I usually send them a post card

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

3/6/2017 4:21:26 AM #2

More active the forums are the more alive it feels and more active it can be. If players and devs don't post people lose the habit to check in. Or new players come by and think "oh no post in a year, guess this is a ghost town".

Its probably why people make up the "make a word" games to resist getting bored.

Yeah would be fun to make some kind of elyrian guild then we can spread the word. Im not sure if i am really able to get hooked in other Mmos though, and most i feel like its pointless to join as a new player have to do a year of grinding before can connect to the majority of the population.

If people do minecraft guess could try. Could make drafts for our settlements etc.

3/6/2017 4:36:29 AM #3

I use Discord to keep in contact with everyone from my Kingdom. I'm in about 20 CoE related Discord servers though so I tend to keep in contact with a lot of people most of the time.

3/6/2017 6:55:13 AM #4

Same. The forums and Discord seems to be the go. The IRC gets a bit of action also. I know there are FB groups but I from what I can tell FB doesn't get as much interaction as Discord does.

Not to mention those options aren't guild-centric either. Discord has servers for Servers, Kingdoms, Duchies, Counties, Settlements, Organisations/Guilds and even beyond guilds to shared interests as well. Plenty of options for "Elyrians" to mingle with other "Elyrians" until the game and even KoE and ElyriaMUD (or whatever it's called now) comes out.

Imgur Imgur

3/6/2017 7:28:51 AM #5

Discord is where it is at, The Ashlanders have a ton of discords that most of us check into on a daily basis. There are lulls but between all the levels of government and the individual organizations, someone is always playing a F2P game that people can hop into with them. Same with the Concordat chat between Ashland and Valycia.

We have a game night nearly weekly playing Foxhole, Pictionary, Cards against humanity, Paragon, StarCraft II Arcade, and a whole bunch of other shit..

My Order's server has an architecture channel on it and we regularly have convos about potential mechanics and how we should future-proof the designs of our towns, how we should reshape roads, and what procedures we should take when working on certain projects.

3/6/2017 8:35:11 AM #6

Ya, one more vote fo Discord. But come and see by yourself - as example, this is our Discord of Kingdom of Nirath. The kingdom discord is used to discuss game mechanisms, what was announced and how it was meant, but we as well have channels for casual chit chat, or for playing some other games in meantime.

On top of that, we have Duchy/County/Guild discords where we discuss specific plans for game release. Who, what, how, getting organized in advance.

3/7/2017 7:53:02 AM #7

I'm a part of a few Discords, but I'm a little hesitant to commit myself to any one Kingdom/guild until closer to the game's release.

ayy lmao