COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Bards

So what do you guys think about adding a feature to the game where players will be able to (with the proper skills) create their own in game music? Now I'm not completely informed on some of the new things, but i haven't seen anything that tells us anything about Bards, only the fact that they can play music on various instruments.

Friend Code: 3A04DC

Check out my guild at sites.google.com/view/theredhammer

3/7/2017 12:22:22 AM #1

I love the Bard aspect and think it is a great idea to be able to create our own music. I bet it is a fairly substantial system to code though, which is why you don't see it more often.

3/7/2017 6:30:31 AM #2

Very true. There is one game I used to play called Mabinogi, that had a pretty cool way of doing it. It would be amazing if they could come up with a unique system of creating music, kind of like what Mabinogi has. But yeah, I see where your coming from.

3/7/2017 6:40:14 AM #3

If they continue along the lines of player skill meets character skill, I'm hoping that they are able to create some form of customizable music system. Personally, I'd love to see a system like forte in the game, maybe simpler and as you progress in your skill level or composition, you are capable of creating more elaborate and beautiful music. Giving the dev team plenty of time to make adjustments.

3/9/2017 4:28:17 PM #4

Yeah. That would be great. I really want to see the ability to create our own music in the game. It would give the players that much more control over the world.

3/14/2017 5:49:27 AM #5

If CoE had a system like the old Coke Music game I would die of happiness. I don't think it's likely though, I can imagine that the CoE team would be more interested in fine-tuning existing proposed mechanics than introducing new ones.

ayy lmao

6/12/2017 2:45:15 AM #6

bump

6/12/2017 5:15:52 PM #7

How about something like Starbound where .abc files can be imported to the game and played? For Elyria's character skill, it would require a mini game a la Guitar Hero, with target size modified by the "music" skill?

6/12/2017 5:42:20 PM #8

Well, we know that being a bard will be a viable profession in game (it better be SbS -_- ). I've heard in the past mention of midi importing and guitar hero type skill things, but this is one of the less developed areas of the game atm. Of course, there's good reason that's the case. But yeah, when there's info be sure I'll be there that know it :D