COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pax East Demo Impressions!

Just saw the PAX East demo and I think the game looks quite good! It really encouraged me that this game will turn out great! Feel free to share your thoughts here if there isn't already a place to do so! Looking forward to more progress from the dev team!

Leader of the Fruit Bowl Boys. ~the best fruit bowls in the world!

Friend Code-A1D1AA

3/9/2017 2:42:37 AM #76

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 7:50 PM - Wed Mar 08 2017

Knowing you it will. I simply cannot argue with my self. If you were done you wouldn't be here. You are only done if you get the last hit on someone, common misconception on here.

pointless is subjective, thus why I asked ur opinion of your post. If it is both pointless to me and the poster than it probably is.

Aren't you again being hypocritical?

"Once you decided to question me, you lost all interest in the actual thread. As you usually do. ".

What about your last post was about the OP?

I asked you a question, you answered and accused me and I explained myself. After that, if it were done you would have stopped. My question was answered and the accusation was swatted off. No other conflict existed at that point until you come back.

You contradict yourself at every turn in these situations and I just want to understand it. That makes me the crim? meh, i'll be the Forum Deviant, sounds fun.

"You are only done if you get the last hit on someone, common misconception on here."

Nope, thats pretty much your MO my man. Hey, I actually agreed with you on the combat but for some reason you decided to come after me any way.

I said I was being hypocritical and pointless when I am speaking to you. So what are you trying to prove? I will try again because it dosn't seem to be getting through to you. When I am talking to you I am being hypocritical and pointless. Thus every time you respond to me so are you. Got it now?

Sigh, I will try again. Posts I make to YOU, I am being pointless and hypocritical. I learned a long time ago it's not worth getting in a serious conversation with you because as soon as you don't agree with someone you whip out your poor mans imitation of David Spade and try to talk circles around the person you are talking to. Uhm, you are old enough to know who David Spade is aren't you? So when you do that, I just don't take anything you say seriously. Don't worry, it's not your fault you do that. It's an affliction of your generation. I am sure in 30 or 40 years you will grow out of it. :)

"You contradict yourself at every turn in these situations and I just want to understand it. That makes me the crim? meh, i'll be the Forum Deviant, sounds fun."

Naw, you just want to sound like a wise ass because you think it's cool. Do you have any idea how many people on the net are doing the same unoriginal thing you are?

Oh, I noticed you ignored what I said about Caspian in the last post. Whats the matter, afraid to go there? :)

Any way, your turn.

3/9/2017 4:21:19 AM #77

I enjoyed this video but did anyone take notice of how often they would miss a jump and plummet to their death? Their death!

So assumptions being, they lose a bit of Spirit and have to Spiritwalk back to their body before they can continue. It didn't look like they just fell unconscious. Can they though? Landing where they did, is there a way to get out of those deathtraps or did a single miss of the rope lead to permadeath?

More than other games, having a way to escape a deadly situation after waking up or returning from a spiritwalk is going to be VERY important.

3/9/2017 4:45:03 AM #78

I have absolutely 0 dollars invested. But I don't think it stops me from expressing good points.

This is just not what I think people had in mind, or at least me. I don't know if it's just me, but I would prefer you guys show me the living and breathing world and the mechanics on deviancy, cartography, alchemy, etc etc.

It was a good pre-alpha video on it's own, but that would only be true if I didn't know the vast and grand mechanics that were described.

I really want to spend 120 to get into exposition, so I'll keep watching and hope SbS releases more footage that showcases why their game is different from everyone else's not generic dungeon runs.

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

3/9/2017 4:56:38 AM #79

3/9/2017 5:59:54 AM #80

No one came after you, I'm simply defending attacks. I asked a question, you answered with a follow up attack in the form of a accusation which a defended with reasoning. You then chose to continue the attack. I.E. no one came after you .

Without the follow-up accusation on your answer there would have been no prompt for a defense reasoning. Without your continued attack after my defense would anyone still be here. Forum shield wall too str0nk. You attack my posts while I defend my reasons until the thread is locked. 2-way street. I can't defend against a non-existent attack.

I'm glad you specifically denoted this only happens when someone tries to counter me because I agree. As long as my reasoning is attacked I will defend. Anyone can disagree with me but there is a way to disagree that doesn't attack the disputing point but on forums that isn't done. Disagreement is in the form of attacking someone's thought instead of stating you preferring one thing over theirs.

In this thread, you answered the question by stating basically your post was hypocritical and you thought mine was equally. That's a disagreement. No prompt for a defense really. You admit it was hypocritical thus answering my question and simply state that you think mine was as well. Fair play.

Now accusing me of trying "wriggle" out of something in fear of being a hypocrite is an attack and prompt for defense. You disagree (which is fine) but you take the extra step to get on the offensive. It's not even to be even. I think you would find without you taking that extra step we would get into way less battle of the thread locks.

It's one thing if I say "You like chocolate but I prefer vanilla". It's another when you say "Vanilla is better and chocolate sucks because x y and z". I.e you can state your preference and disagreement without going on the offensive trying to denounce the competitor.

Welp, ive defended my reasoning again and await your attack.

sets belt to wumbo

I don't know anymore.

3/9/2017 6:47:58 AM #81

Posted By Gromp at 5:27 PM - Wed Mar 08 2017

Posted By Jouten at 11:40 AM - Wed Mar 08 2017

>

1. Sword on the back? Come on man...

Other than that, the progress made on this game is hella better than a majority of the kickstarters out there (actually I think it's the best so far; it beats the crap out of Crowfall and SotA for me) so this whole thing is pretty exciting.

and of course obligatory "-cough cough- chest plate too big" >.>

I did some search and it seems it is hard and very inconvenient to unsheathe a sword from your back if it is longer than your sword arm and properly sheathed. I know that this is a game and not everything needs to be 100% realistic, but in this certain case I think realism > cool factor.

I read an answer for that once. It was in a Conan novel, so the author might just have been blowing smoke, but the idea was that the 'top' facing side of the sheath is only solid for about a foot above the sword tip. Above that it is, at most, loosely held together, and Conan was able to pull his sword out a foot, then 'rip' the remaining bindings free with the blade at an angle. Presumably he takes the sheath off and rebuttons/reties the bindings when replacing the sword. Or he had velcro he could fasten with a hand behind his back, I don't know. :P You are quite correct that with a solid sheath getting a large sword off your back would be horrible.

3/9/2017 7:26:10 AM #82

Posted By GrimmLiberty at 12:41 AM - Wed Mar 08 2017

Posted By Terrantal at 7:36 PM - Tue Mar 07 2017

This is supposed to be part of the offline Prologue, which is what is was build for. And why not show it off now at Pax, now that this part of the Prologue is ready.

It seems you missed my point. It had nothing to do with Timeline and everything to do with a mine looking nothing like a mine, but rather like any other MMO "bad guy cave".

I am just wondering if this cut and paste "fill a hole with stuff" is what I can expect. As I said, looks like fun, and I can accept it either way, just a bit surprised I guess.

I've still not had the chance to watch this, but you're quite right in principle. It all depends though on the mentality of the builder.

In the real world mines are typically built in the most cost effective way possible. Their direction usually steered by the veins of material they were built to exploit. Mining is costly and to keep it profitable, you would aim to keep it as efficient as possible.

It's likely you'll find most player mines will take that approach, but there are potential exceptions. It all depends on the needs of the builder.

Here, they have technology they wish to showcase. Parkour is often popular and not just for thieves. In a real life mine you would expect little opportunity for parkour, but this mine serves above all as a showcase to inspire creativity.

Atmospherics are going to be key in a mine to add appeal. Parkour on the other hand will inspire ideas. You might have an abandoned shaft down into a mine, long since closed. Scaffolds may have been removed and used elsewhere. Could there be a side shaft somewhere up there, long forgotten? Of course, and could it be the sort of place you might find something unexpected hidden? If it's possible to get up there, yes.

I digress. You may not frequently find parkour in RL mines but you will find many visitors in a PAX booth who like parkour, and many others who have use for them. As an opportunity to showcase parkour, it's not to be missed.

Inside a mine, someone might create a hidden thieves guild. Here, rather than serving business needs and efficiency, the mine is a labyrinth, and deliberately designed to hide something. Outside a mine, a wealthy man might hide a small vault outside his home. Perhaps a tower room only accessible from the outside.

Two friends might build homes near each other and create a rootop short cut between them.

Parkour mines are not mundane or common, but they may inspire creativity, which is always good.

3/9/2017 9:48:11 AM #83

I think the game looks awesome. Great progress and really fast. For those nay sayers that are 'worried' i'd say chill out and be more patient; the only problems at the moment are NOT the games development but how volatile the community seems to be becoming. It took no time for this entire thread to become bickering of opinions on their voices being heard... guys it was a runthrough of an early creation.... RELAX it's not going to blow you away like a trailer for an upcoming release, it's not supposed to

Baron Aethelred Steel of Redtopium

3/9/2017 10:27:19 AM #84

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 12:59 AM - Thu Mar 09 2017

No one came after you, I'm simply defending attacks. I asked a question, you answered with a follow up attack in the form of a accusation which a defended with reasoning. You then chose to continue the attack. I.E. no one came after you .

Without the follow-up accusation on your answer there would have been no prompt for a defense reasoning. Without your continued attack after my defense would anyone still be here. Forum shield wall too str0nk. You attack my posts while I defend my reasons until the thread is locked. 2-way street. I can't defend against a non-existent attack.

I'm glad you specifically denoted this only happens when someone tries to counter me because I agree. As long as my reasoning is attacked I will defend. Anyone can disagree with me but there is a way to disagree that doesn't attack the disputing point but on forums that isn't done. Disagreement is in the form of attacking someone's thought instead of stating you preferring one thing over theirs.

In this thread, you answered the question by stating basically your post was hypocritical and you thought mine was equally. That's a disagreement. No prompt for a defense really. You admit it was hypocritical thus answering my question and simply state that you think mine was as well. Fair play.

Now accusing me of trying "wriggle" out of something in fear of being a hypocrite is an attack and prompt for defense. You disagree (which is fine) but you take the extra step to get on the offensive. It's not even to be even. I think you would find without you taking that extra step we would get into way less battle of the thread locks.

It's one thing if I say "You like chocolate but I prefer vanilla". It's another when you say "Vanilla is better and chocolate sucks because x y and z". I.e you can state your preference and disagreement without going on the offensive trying to denounce the competitor.

sets belt to wumbo

WickedFlamezz said, "Isn't commenting to tell people their feedback is pointless also pointless making it a hypocritical post? Just curious. You telling people not to post their opinion of content on the internet is about as likely to work as the pope becoming an atheist. That means your just creating more pointless posts in an effort to stop pointless posts? Seems weird to me tbh."

LOL, Now you can add liar to your list. Just because you put question marks after your attacks dosn't mean that they aren't still attacks. Then when I responded by asking you questions it's now suddenly an attack.

Bokimbol said, "Isn't it pointless to tell me I am doing something pointless when now your being the hypocrite when you do so? So your commenting on a pointless post? Sort of means your first paragraph is pointless did it not? We can go around in circles with this as long as you want. :)"

Wow, hypocritical to the max dude. How is this last paragraph I posted an attack and the one above it from you not? There have been a number of occasions where your reasoning has been proven wrong and like a suborn mule you refuse to admit it and continue with your passive aggressive word play. And no, I am not going to look through your posts to find them. As proven from the above pasted comments, I wasn't even talking to you nor did I say anything against anything you said. You came after me. Thats not defending your reasoning. Thats you coming after me. We have a history of tangling. You knew full well the results of what would happen when you attacked me with your passive aggressive style. One can only assume you welcomed it.

So, you admit our current correspondence is hypocritical and pointless. So why are you continuing it? Once again I say you made the original attack. You know you did and so do I.

"Now accusing me of trying "wriggle" out of something in fear of being a hypocrite is an attack and prompt for defense. You disagree (which is fine) but you take the extra step to get on the offensive. It's not even to be even. I think you would find without you taking that extra step we would get into way less battle of the thread locks."

Yeah and so? Nope, I don't disagree. You just don't like being put on the defensive. You want to be the one on attack. You feel you can say anything you want with impunity. Your opinion is NEVER wrong and even when it's proven it is you continue the attacks by changing the subject until the other person stops. Most people get tired of battling you and you "win" because they stop. I usually do too because it's pointless talking to you. But for some reason I am having too much of a good time right now.

Still I wonder how you can call my original posts before we got into this battle, hypocritical and pointless When just about everything I said was verified by Caspian. Is that not calling Caspian the same? You are avoiding answering that one like the plague my man.

You can stop any time but we both know you won't. :)

3/9/2017 10:38:11 AM #85

Posted By Bokimbol at 05:27 AM - Thu Mar 09 2017

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 12:59 AM - Thu Mar 09 2017

sets belt to wumbo

WickedFlamezz said, "Isn't commenting to tell people their feedback is pointless also pointless making it a hypocritical post? Just curious. You telling people not to post their opinion of content on the internet is about as likely to work as the pope becoming an atheist. That means your just creating more pointless posts in an effort to stop pointless posts? Seems weird to me tbh."

LOL, Now you can add liar to your list. Just because you put question marks after your attacks dosn't mean that they aren't still attacks. Then when I responded by asking you questions it's now suddenly an attack.

Bokimbol said, "Isn't it pointless to tell me I am doing something pointless when now your being the hypocrite when you do so? So your commenting on a pointless post? Sort of means your first paragraph is pointless did it not? We can go around in circles with this as long as you want. :)"

Wow, hypocritical to the max dude. How is this last paragraph I posted an attack and the one above it from you not? There have been a number of occasions where your reasoning has been proven wrong and like a suborn mule you refuse to admit it and continue with your passive aggressive word play. And no, I am not going to look through your posts to find them. As proven from the above pasted comments, I wasn't even talking to you nor did I say anything against anything you said. You came after me. Thats not defending your reasoning. Thats you coming after me. We have a history of tangling. You knew full well the results of what would happen when you attacked me with your passive aggressive style. One can only assume you welcomed it.

So, you admit our current correspondence is hypocritical and pointless. So why are you continuing it? Once again I say you made the original attack. You know you did and so do I.

Listen, I had forgotten all about talking to you until you continued the fight "several pages" after my last post in which all I did was point out that you were doing the same thing you accused me of. Which of course was totally unacceptable to you.

"Now accusing me of trying "wriggle" out of something in fear of being a hypocrite is an attack and prompt for defense. You disagree (which is fine) but you take the extra step to get on the offensive. It's not even to be even. I think you would find without you taking that extra step we would get into way less battle of the thread locks."

Yeah and so? Nope, I don't disagree. You just don't like being put on the defensive. You want to be the one on attack. You feel you can say anything you want with impunity. Your opinion is NEVER wrong and even when it's proven it is you continue the attacks by changing the subject until the other person stops. Most people get tired of battling you and you "win" because they stop. I usually do too because it's pointless talking to you. But for some reason I am having too much of a good time right now.

Still I wonder how you can call my original posts before we got into this battle, hypocritical and pointless When just about everything I said was verified by Caspian. Is that not calling Caspian the same? You are avoiding answering that one like the plague my man.

You can stop any time but we both know you won't. :)

3/9/2017 10:39:21 AM #86

I'll keep my feedback simple and hit a few points...

1) The game is looking quite beautiful, and the attention going into making the levels is obvious. Very well done, I'm impressed.

2) I love the parkour moves. As a couple of the devs have said, you will spend most of your time "moving" and so moving needs to look and feel good. You guys have time, and your mocap rig. What I would like to see (and believe would add a LOT to the feel of movement), is multiple animations of each of the moves that get randomly cycled through so each jump and hop doesn't play the exact same animation and looks more realistic. I think the time to add something like that would really be worth the end result.

3) Combat still looks stiff and clunky. I love how you are handling combat in CoE. I simply hope that (yes, I know it is pre-alpha) you continue to smooth out the animations so it looks more fluid. Again, multiple animations (same moves, but different people in the mocap so they are not identical each time) is worth the effort.

In closing. The only thing that worries me from what is seen here is that the character's feet are often hanging on and pushing off from open space. The map is incredibly beautiful, I love it, but I think as you progress attention needs to be taken so that possible parkour routs are built so that the character's feet always have a place to realistically be and push off of.

3/9/2017 11:19:01 AM #87

Posted By CheshireVee at 12:24 AM - Wed Mar 08 2017

Assassin's Creed Undergound

hahah I said this :)

On a side note, please don't get drawn into arguments on this thread guys. It's all very well if you're building some friction for kingdom based amusement, but let's keep that off this thread and focus on the Demo content ;)

3/9/2017 4:39:13 PM #88

Wasn't an attack kek. I simply asked if your post was hypocritical, followed up with an analogy of why it might be, and if it is true I asked if that logic would just create more pointless posts. Then stated that it seems wired to me if that is the case. So to overview, I posted 2 questions, my reasoning and how it made me feel. No attacks.

Just because you have to admit that your post was hypocritical doesn't make it an attack by me. That's the equivalent of my walking on fire and then saying someone attacked me because they asked "was that stupid to you?". That's not an attack on either. I can't be mad at them because the answer to their question makes me look bad, it's the answer.

So if you post something that makes you look hypocritical and someone wants to confirm if that is the case, that isn't an attack just because you don't like the answer lol.

If you asked if me constantly trying to validate my post made me stubborn af I couldn't be made because the answer is yes. The only way I could be mad is if the answer is no thus being a false accusation. I can't be mad because the question accurately sums up a trait when I have to answer.

In the same way Caspian "didn't expect" feedback, we didn't expect that to be something that made it to the public in that state.

Had that been in EA no one would have raised an eye at it. It's more the fact that it's a playable demo at PaX and now free to view on YouTube to anyone who finds the game. It being marked "pre-alpha" doesn't have power in the public domain. Hell you had people commenting on the pax combat LAST YEAR saying that it looked atrocious and they cancelled their pledge.

Simply using the guise "pre-alpha" doesn't work in a public setting. Time and time again the community proves me right. The gaming community is starting to use pre-alpha and alpha synonymously with early access due to devs on steam calling their game pre-alpha and alpha while steam calls it early access. I've had to tell so many people that it's not the same fucking thing it's not even remotely amusing at this point. So people are expecting way too much to show battered systems. And tbh the parkour is fine. That moon jump will probably be overlooked since it is a speed run contest. The setting is beautiful and water looks amazing...But if someone sees the pax demo last year and see combat with virtually no progress a year later, that "pre-alpha" sticker isn't going to save that because it lost its meaning some time ago. Now people expect games labeled that to be like DayZ, Ark, The Forest.

I don't know anymore.

3/9/2017 5:48:59 PM #89

Here we go around in circles my man. How can you call what I did an attack and what you did not one when I did the exact same thing you did? You are a big hypocrite that just can NEVER admit you were wrong. And yet here you are still answering my pointless posts. So I guess it most not be so pointless after all since you can't let go of it.

You know and I know you attacked me. It's plain and simple. You just won't admit it. . As I said before just because you used question marks after your sentences to HIDE behind your attack you think you are being clever. Everyone knows it was the intent of the questions and the way the questions were worded was you doing your typical passive aggressive BS you do all the time on here.

Whats really sad is you are not man enough to admit when your attacking someone. Your smart enough to know that most people would take your "questions" directed at me as insults. You want to hide behind word play to try and sound like your not doing what you actually are. Hey, I can't help it if you can't man up and take credit for the intent of your words. Whats really curious to me is if you act like this when NOT hiding behind your keyboard? I seriously doubt it.

As far as the Caspian remarks thats all your opinion. So you should really stop talking like it's "Everyone's" opinion. And of course we all know your opinion is the only one that matters. :) Once again someone who has nothing at all to do with the gaming industry acting like he is an expert in everything about it. And God forbid we challenge you on any of your "opinions."

3/9/2017 8:23:54 PM #90

No more value coming from this thread.