COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Petty people

Dang some people get petty in the name of "giving feedback." I understand making your point but after that let the thread maintain the purpose of the OP. Giant sections of text that really are just between two people are unnecessary and tiresome for the rest of us. If you really have a beef that you feel needs hashed out create a new topic with that specific purpose! Or create your own discord channel and shout at each other for a bit, lol. I actually think that would/could be helpful, the more people of dissenting opinion try to persuade the other party (as long as both parties are willing to see and understand the other side) the more they can refine each others thoughts and opinions on a certain subject, but, once again, please keep it out of others peoples' topics.

“Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe.” -Alfonso X, King of Castile

3/9/2017 12:45:40 AM #1

hai

I don't know anymore.

3/9/2017 5:04:39 AM #2

I think the PAX is mostly about pushing your product and shoving it down your viewers' throats by any means necessary.

That Conan game had footage of them building stuff and nothing on combat or etc. SbS should have taken the opportunity to showcase the skill trees or the bustling towns or anything that differentiates them from their competition.

You can't argue that what they showed wasn't too spectacular even by pre-alpha means.

I'm willing to bet a cool thousand dollars, that they would have had each and everyone of us starry-eyed and awed had they shown us the bustling towns, and then the skills trees, and then the aftermath of getting CDG'ed and then spirit walking, and then etc and etc and etc

I think even 30 seconds on a variety of mechanics would have completely shut everyone up.

But it's pre-alpha and hopefully SbS shows me something awesome.

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

3/9/2017 8:22:07 AM #3

You call other people petty and then make a thread dedicated to bitching about people being petty. Seriously?

3/9/2017 8:29:17 AM #4

Posted By Mr_Plunkett at 02:22 AM - Thu Mar 09 2017

You call other people petty and then make a thread dedicated to bitching about people being petty. Seriously?

I'm not sure you actually understood my point. My point was there are, occasionally, long lasting arguments in which two or more members are arguing over something specific which usually does not really pertain to the thread anymore. In the cases where I specifically take issue it is because there are giant sections of text that are just between those two (or more) members which really clutter the thread. Also, this is the Tavern; this is the place where you go to do this. If I had done this in the general posting area I would also be mad at myself.

“Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe.” -Alfonso X, King of Castile

3/9/2017 8:40:32 AM #5

Posted By OrangeBoy at 4:04 PM - Thu Mar 09 2017

SbS should have taken the opportunity to showcase the skill trees or the bustling towns or anything that differentiates them from their competition.

You can't argue that what they showed wasn't too spectacular even by pre-alpha means.

I'm willing to bet a cool thousand dollars, that they would have had each and everyone of us starry-eyed and awed had they shown us the bustling towns, and then the skills trees, and then the aftermath of getting CDG'ed and then spirit walking, and then etc and etc and etc

What makes you think any of that is in a state to be shown as even a concept? I am sure we would have been starry eyed if they showed us a guy riding a Fellbeast through the clouds too, but it doesn't change the fact that they can only show what is in a good enough state to be shown.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/9/2017 9:09:02 AM #6

"This is the place where you go to do this"

Confirmed guys, if you want to moan about stuff go to the tavern and write about it.

And yeah I agree with orangeboy on what he said, but since the tavern is for bitching now I might make a thread on it.

3/9/2017 9:15:32 AM #7

We already know about kingdom of and elyriaMUD etc. These different elements are being developed as separate things to be shown. Wouldn't you hope that their unique elements are the elements theyve spent more time on? Also doing things that are groundbreaking will inherently take longer than what has been done before.

3/9/2017 3:11:35 PM #8

Did you come here simply to criticize me Mr_Plunkett?

I did not say the tavern was exclusively intended for the purposes that I decided to implement.

If you have something specifically against me I would be happy to discuss it, other than that I'm not exactly sure of your purpose?

3/9/2017 4:16:57 PM #9

He only comes on the forums to criticize people and promote his settlement as a friendly helpful person.

3/9/2017 4:31:23 PM #10

Posted By Themata at 03:40 AM - Thu Mar 09 2017

Posted By OrangeBoy at 4:04 PM - Thu Mar 09 2017

SbS should have taken the opportunity to showcase the skill trees or the bustling towns or anything that differentiates them from their competition.

What makes you think any of that is in a state to be shown as even a concept? I am sure we would have been starry eyed if they showed us a guy riding a Fellbeast through the clouds too, but it doesn't change the fact that they can only show what is in a good enough state to be shown.

To be fair if you look at their Screen shots and the A Living Wootld video they have plenty done for eye catching landscape videos.

I don't know anymore.

3/9/2017 4:33:31 PM #11

Yeah, I criticised you for making a thread moaning about other people's moaning.

And Reikan all you do is shitpost stupid ideas like you know the answer to all day long so I call you out for it and you cry.

And yeah I am friendly to people that don't make stupid posts like the 2 of you.

3/9/2017 5:26:59 PM #12

Are all of my posts stupid? I wish someone would have told me sooner, I am just trying to be involved in the community.

To be fair, I feel that you should at least acknowledge the actual purpose of my post, it would seem that you have my complaint misfiled: I was complaining about thread hijacking (in case you don't know thread hijacking is When a person starts a posting on a message board, or forum, or Facebook, that others are able to comment on, that original posting and the comments on it are called a thread. A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting, go off topic, creating a separate conversation. This is rude, and bad internet etiquette. If people want to discuss a different topic, they should start their own thread. according to Urban Dictionary), not about people complaining. To be honest, the post by OrangeBoy on this post is a perfect example, I was not at all referring to people complaining about the game, the videos of the game, or the mechanics or functions showcased.

3/9/2017 5:43:47 PM #13

Thanks for the definition Samuel Johnson. Maybe decide what you are on about before you post it as opposed to 17 hours later.

3/9/2017 6:17:54 PM #14

Ok, so my deepest apologies for not directly stating the phrase thread hijacking in my post, if figured the bulk of my paragraph implied well enough what I meant. And as far as the 17 (15?) hours? What does that have to do with anything? I spent the greater part of 12 just trying to figure out why you were attacking me.

3/9/2017 6:20:25 PM #15

Public service announcement.

Unless you wish to have SBS change from their more "hands off policy" of moderation to a more heavy handed approach let's live and let live.

Personal attacks and such are poor form as well as a blinking sign asking for a heavy mod presence.