COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA E] Heralds March

You stand before the great shield wall of the Kingdom of Bordweall. The sound of battle rages all around you. Your forces have crashed against the shield wall time and again and now you think you've finally cracked it. A split in the formation opens, but from the breach comes a mighty roar. Your men falter as the ground begins to shake. Even the air trembles with the howls of what must be daemons. The breech widens and your men closest to it suddenly begin to fall. A tide of fur and iron surges from the gap. The Dogs of war have been unleashed. Barking, snarling and gnashing teeth drown out all other traces of the symphony of war. The beasts trample your men, ripping throats and snapping lances as they come. Their iron armor, spiked and barbed pierces flesh and bone as they bound. In the center of the pack ride emerald knights atop great warhound mounts. This is the sword arm of Bordweall. These are the Doglords of Heralds March. This is hell,

Welcome all to the March of Heralds March!

Discord: https://discord.gg/8AQNJgr

WHAT'S A MARCH?

Historically, a March was essentially a border county that protected a kingdom from invaders. The counts who ruled a March instead held the title of Marques. In layman's terms, a Battle Count!

WHAT KINGDOM ARE YOU A PART OF?

If the intro story didn't make it clear, we are in service to Bordweall and we reside within the Grand Duchy of Cearuleum.

PLANS?

I, Sigatha Cheshire, as Marchioness (Feminine equivalent to Marques) plan on claiming a March on the border of Bordweall where me and my people can take part in the grand wars that are sure to take place in Elyria. This is a RPPvP focused March, though neither RP or PvP is absolutely required to settle here.

My plans for Heralds March also include the breeding and training of dogs and other beasts for the purposes for war. As such, the economy of Heralds March is intended to be built around this. Hunters and Ranchers for meat to feed the hounds and miners and smiths to arm them and their handlers, the Doglords.

ABOUT ME!

As for me, I'm fairly easy going. I enjoy the challenges of PvP in all its forms whether it's combat, politics or cut throat business. I know my own weaknesses and have a strong eye for talent in others so I tend to delegate tasks to those who are strong in areas I am weak. So if you have strong skills, I can usually find a place for you that meets your needs as well as mine. Meritocracy is the name of the game.

I also enjoy socializing and having general fun with the community. I support and engage in RP so Roleplayers are both welcome and encouraged to join as well. People who are not into PvP are of course welcome as not every job required to run a March/County involves PvP in any shape or form.

WHAT IF I JUST WANT A PLACE TO LIVE?

Settlers simply looking for a place to call home are also welcome. I'm well aware that Counties are NOT guilds and I am aware that many random players and NPCs may make their way into Heralds March. I don't require an oath of fealty or military service or any of that jazz, but I do expect those who settle here to obey the laws I put in place and pay the taxes due.

TAXES!?

Taxes will primarily be focused on building infrastructure and social services first, building and maintaining our military second. I'm not some greedy tyrant looking to get fat off taxes. I just need enough to sate the taxes owed to the Duke and enough to make this March a home comfortable and safe to live in.

Any questions? Ask away.

3/10/2017 1:37:55 AM #1

Did a little formatting to make it easier on the eyes. Still not my prettiest work XD

3/10/2017 2:19:07 AM #2

great to have you within the KIngdom Cheshire!

3/10/2017 2:39:43 AM #3

Congrats on the recruitment post. Shield Wall Strong!

3/10/2017 2:49:12 AM #4

ahh the formidable Chesire!!! may luck be with you and the march !!

Alt text - can be left blank

3/10/2017 3:43:52 AM #5

Thanks everyone for the support!

3/10/2017 3:49:13 AM #6

hmmmm sounds like a fun place.

3/10/2017 3:53:40 AM #7

Posted By Blankwindow at 10:49 PM - Thu Mar 09 2017

hmmmm sounds like a fun place.

Hopefully that's just what it will be!

3/10/2017 5:17:15 AM #8

Love the first part of this. Sets a good tone for what you want to do great job.

3/10/2017 1:36:25 PM #9

Posted By pure_crimsun at 12:17 AM - Fri Mar 10 2017

Love the first part of this. Sets a good tone for what you want to do great job.

I love theatrics <3

3/10/2017 3:47:25 PM #10

Great post!! Love the war dog breeding concept.

3/10/2017 4:53:27 PM #11

Posted By Ironside at 10:47 AM - Fri Mar 10 2017

Great post!! Love the war dog breeding concept.

My girlfriend wanted to breed dogs and I saw it as a nice niche for the County to fill. She'll breed the dogs, I'll lead them into battle!

3/11/2017 3:45:52 PM #12

We got a Discord Channel starting up!

It's still fresh and needs some work, but feel free to drop by!

https://discord.gg/axV3S

3/30/2017 3:14:22 PM #13

I want to pvp with you when the time comes.

3/31/2017 2:13:21 AM #14

So what can the lowly murder hobo... I mean adventurer do to help the March?