COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Gamescom 2017

So with all the fuzz about Pax East, I just decided I just have to go to Gamescom. It'll be my first-ever visit, but damn, I want to play Conquest of Elyria. If Caspian and his team make it there as well, all the better.

So, who else is going? A nice community gathering is what we need!

Brash

3/11/2017 8:24:18 PM #1

Not bothered.

3/12/2017 7:10:41 PM #2

It would be great if they'll come to gamescom 2018 when there is more of a playable game to show!

Life is too short to play bad games.

3/12/2017 8:45:54 PM #3

Posted By Costanius at 08:10 AM - Mon Mar 13 2017

It would be great if they'll come to gamescom 2018 when there is more of a playable game to show!

That is stretching their expected release dates far back. At that rate we shouldn't expect land selection for another 3-6 months. Don't forget Gamescom is still 5 months away, plenty of time to build a much, much better demo.

- Grand Ambassador for Vornair, Protector of the Ash Forest, Lord of Ashford.

3/13/2017 8:29:41 AM #4

I was also wondering this, mostly because gamescom is one of the biggest gameconventions in the world. It would be a nice way to reach out to a big crowd in the european market.

3/13/2017 8:27:38 PM #5

It is unlikely that we will be able to have a presence at Gamescom in 2017, unfortunately. If we can get the Conquest app going reliably without our presence, we'd like to offer that though.

3/14/2017 8:57:16 AM #6

Posted By Vye at 9:27 PM - Mon Mar 13 2017

It is unlikely that we will be able to have a presence at Gamescom in 2017, unfortunately. If we can get the Conquest app going reliably without our presence, we'd like to offer that though.

Just ask Caspian for a paid educational leave, to polish your already good German skills, while we show you Cologne and its beer gardens.

3/14/2017 11:54:37 PM #7

Vye is there a list of ones you guys might possibly be going to?

And what is this app you talking about?

3/15/2017 10:00:11 AM #8

Don't be disappointed. I was there twice, both times for two days, and for me its the most overrated event ever.
First of all, its full - and with full I mean if they would sell half the tickets it still would be full.
Second you don't see anything remotly interesting by going through the halls - at least nothing related to a game. If a publisher / company think they have something interesting to offer ( like a new Beta Video or something like that) almost all of them do this behind closed doors and you have to stand in line for two or three hours to see it. First time i did wounder why some people bring fouldable minichairs, after the first day i knew why. A friend was stupid enough to stand in a line for 3h in the hope to can play a beta of game x, all he got was a gameplay Video, that was on YouTube a day later. Maybe other made a better experience, but for me its just not worth the time.

3/19/2017 2:09:34 PM #9

The Gamescom is sadly nothing compared to the old Gamescom in Leipzig though I can't endorse the complains about it. Would be happy too see a bit of SBS presence outside the US though and for once it would be reachable for me :) Maybe wonder happens once in the lifetime.