COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
EP Not Correct

Good day! I think my EP count is incorrect? I have 1000 EP for my package, and then have purchased a $25 EP pack, and a $50 EP pack. That should be 1875. I am only reflecting 1500 presently.

Thanks for checking into this!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

3/15/2017 4:10:59 PM #1

Also, upon a further look into things, it seems perhaps I should be getting 2,250 points for backing in kickstarter, rather than the 1000 listed in the current package? Is this still true?

Thanks!

ETA: The 2,250 was because I saw someone else say that it had to do with 10x the $ amount you paid for the package when they converted it. Looks like that person was incorrect if the info bellow is true.

3/15/2017 4:19:17 PM #2

Posted By Kitlandria at 11:10 AM - Wed Mar 15 2017

Also, upon a further look into things, it seems perhaps I should be getting 2,250 points for backing in kickstarter, rather than the 1000 listed in the current package? Is this still true?

Thanks!

You will get everything you were promised in the KS package, even if the "new" package doesn't show some things or show them correctly in the case of others.

3/15/2017 4:38:11 PM #3

Your figures seem correct based on you purchasing the Baron tier during the KickStarter.

EP from your tier (called IP during the KickStarter) = 625 EP

EP from $25 = 275 EP

EP from $50 = 600 EP

Total = 1500 EP

I am not sure where you got 2250EP from during the KickStarter. There are tables on the Chronicles of Elyria Campaign Page if you scroll right down which show the rewards for each tier.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/15/2017 4:48:17 PM #4

So, the 1000 listed currently is not correct? :) Thanks for this info.

3/15/2017 4:59:05 PM #5

I think the confusion is your total influence equals the dollar amount paid times 10, but influence is not the same as EP, EP is whatever the kickstarter said came with your tier (plus what you added), but it was also called IP at the time. That's why they changed the name to clearly separate 'total influence' from 'spendable influence'.

3/15/2017 5:09:20 PM #6

Posted By Dekul at 09:59 AM - Wed Mar 15 2017

I think the confusion is your total influence equals the dollar amount paid times 10, but influence is not the same as EP, EP is whatever the kickstarter said came with your tier (plus what you added), but it was also called IP at the time. That's why they changed the name to clearly separate 'total influence' from 'spendable influence'.

It does sound like an Influence/EP confusion here. Also, the EP bonus was different in the kickstarter packages (as mentioned by @VictoriaRachel) than they are in the current packages (kickstarter packages had less EP but gained store credit).

3/15/2017 5:21:15 PM #7

VictoriaRachel is quite correct.

Click the menu, and click the Store button while logged in. On the black header bar you should see XXXX EP next to the cart symbol. That will most likely reflect the number you're expecting. In this case the 1500.

IP on the other hand is purely based on your financial support of the game at this stage ie $ spent x 10. With small exceptions such as referrals.

EP and IP are still frequently confused.

3/15/2017 5:43:52 PM #8

Posted By Kitlandria at 4:48 PM - Wed Mar 15 2017

So, the 1000 listed currently is not correct? :) Thanks for this info.

The 1000EP is correct if you buy the tier today.

As said above the reason it is higher now than during KickStarter is that you also got $50 merchandise credit or the equivalent of another 600EP which the new tier does not. So the possible total for you as a KickStarter backer is 1225EP, so higher than the current tiers.

While the explanations of the difference between EP and influence are helpful please remember there is no longer any such thing as IP in Chronicles of Elyria. The IP system was fully replaced by EP and Store Credit. There is also the Influence system which is not the same (and the reason there is all the confusion)!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/15/2017 5:54:24 PM #9

Where have you seen 1000 EP? If it's on the black header bar above the store as your current EP something sounds amiss.

If you clicked on a tier descriptions in the store, they are all NEW tier packages, and won't detail the packages from KS before they changed. ;)

In all previous cases it appears people have the correct amount at present.

3/15/2017 6:28:22 PM #10

I've done my best to provide a comparison of old versus new pledge packages on the wiki. Might help in this case.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.