COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
How to create a Guild?

Have they gone into what someone will need to do to create or start a Guild?

3/21/2017 3:16:13 PM #1

that information has not been released yet.

Guild Master

3/21/2017 4:10:36 PM #2

Exanix is correct, however if you want to start recruiting for a Guild or an Association on the forums, go right ahead! Just make a post and put it in the guild recruitment area.

Also they've said that Guilds are planned on being much like a group of people from the same trade (such as a blacksmith's or tailor's guild) whereas an Association is more like a classic 'guild' from other MMOs, just in case there's any confusion there. :)

3/22/2017 4:29:01 AM #3

At one point after posting this I found something that said you would need to make a charter with a duke or count to form one. I've been searching and I can't find it anymore for reference.

I still don't know how a guild/school/association would claim a workstation as their own so that their members would gain benefits for using it.

3/23/2017 2:36:26 AM #4

just as a person can own land and own a building and claim that this room is their blacksmithing room, my guess is that guilds can also own land and a building and say that this is their blacksmith.

3/23/2017 2:48:41 AM #5

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 7:36 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

just as a person can own land and own a building and claim that this room is their blacksmithing room, my guess is that guilds can also own land and a building and say that this is their blacksmith.

I believe this wad covered in a DJ at some point as I have heard this being the case. I'll search to confirm

Edit: It appears I may have been mistaken the DJ on guilds did not mention a guild owning land (at least from what I just saw)

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/1109/DJ-13-Technology-Research

Is the post just in case you'd like to read more into it

3/23/2017 3:53:46 AM #6

Everyone makes great points. Really it all comes down to players and teamwork.

4/10/2017 6:47:25 PM #7

I'm curious about this as well, and have a few questions I hope I will be able to ask if they ever do a Q&A for guilds. My questions are specifically targeted towards research guilds, though they are likely applicable to schools as well.

-- Do we need a physical space for the guild hall? Does the research need to be done on a workstation belonging to a guild or will the boost be passive?

-- Do we need a certain amount of people (say, ten) to sign a charter to form the guild? Also, if you need approval from the count/duke to establish a guild, how will they shut down your organization if you breach one of the terms in your contract? Seems like a lot of trust needs to be placed into your count, because what if you spend the time and resources building a guild hall, only for them to decide they don't want the guild in their county after all? Seems an easy way for a count to claim a free building for themselves. Also, is there even a way for a count to kick the guild out if they change their mind? What if you agree to have a guild of locksmiths in your county, only to discover that many unsavory types are drawn to the area to learn more about picking locks so that they may perform more deviant activities... within your county!

-- How much will it cost to run a guild? Are they heavily taxed, or do they get exemptions for the settlers they bring in to the county? Will we need to collect guild dues from members to support it? Can we establish a hierarchy that benefits those that have contributed guild tokens? (Say, for example, members that have contributed have access to the better work stations)

-- Can I establish "chapters" of the guild in other counties and have guildhalls built that function like the main HQ? As in, will the research bonus will still apply no matter where they are in the duchy? Will it have to be a "separate" guild entirely?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions and probably sounds like brain mush at this point.