COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The Five Kingdom Limit

Mistakes have been made. Sorry.

3/17/2017 5:43:58 PM #16

Posted By SoulSpark at 12:40 PM - Fri Mar 17 2017

The more Kingdoms there are on a server, the smaller the number of dutchies and counties will be available per kingdom, or if the same numbers are kept those dutchies and counties will end up being massively smaller, so much smaller that most of the counties wont have any towns in them because it would be impossible to have more towns for all the extra counties there would be. The number limits are important to bring balance to a server. You cannot just have as many Kingdoms as you want without compromising the number of dutchies and counties available to each Kingdom and this would bring a massive problem when come exposition time hundreds of people are all trying to join the kingdom they want because it'd turn out there wasn't enough spaces per Kingdom.

Exactly.

Unless there is enough registrations to warrant another continent or server. This is exactly the reason for the limits.

3/17/2017 5:49:47 PM #17

Posted By Blankwindow at 11:43 AM - Fri Mar 17 2017

The more Kingdoms there are on a server, the smaller the number of dutchies and counties will be available per kingdom, or if the same numbers are kept those dutchies and counties will end up being massively smaller, so much smaller that most of the counties wont have any towns in them because it would be impossible to have more towns for all the extra counties there would be. The number limits are important to bring balance to a server. You cannot just have as many Kingdoms as you want without compromising the number of dutchies and counties available to each Kingdom and this would bring a massive problem when come exposition time hundreds of people are all trying to join the kingdom they want because it'd turn out there wasn't enough spaces per Kingdom.

Exactly.

Unless there is enough registrations to warrant another continent or server. This is exactly the reason for the limits.

While I agree, a compromise should be made. Either more servers, or compacted servers. Advertising kingdoms without any disclaimer of limited stock, then turning down excess kings isn't a good business practice.

3/17/2017 5:53:11 PM #18

Posted By Yorick at 12:49 PM - Fri Mar 17 2017

Exactly.

While I agree, a compromise should be made. Either more servers, or compacted servers. Advertising kingdoms without any disclaimer of limited stock, then turning down excess kings isn't a good business practice.

The disclaimers were quoted earlier in this thread from the DJs.

if they pledged 10K without reading all the DJs or doing their research on the number of existing kingdoms,

that is their own damn fault.

EDIT: Thought I agree the # of kingdoms should have been shown in store when you select a server. So you know if it is even available or not on your chosen server.

but it doesn't take 30-60 mins to peruse the forums and find that information out either.

3/17/2017 5:55:42 PM #19

Posted By Blankwindow at 11:53 AM - Fri Mar 17 2017

Exactly.

if they pledged 10K without reading all the DJs or doing their research on the number of existing kingdoms,

That's like buying a product with the warning label sold separately. People shouldn't have to go rooting though blog posts to find out their purchase isn't what it was advertised to be.

3/17/2017 5:57:30 PM #20

Posted By Yorick at 12:55 PM - Fri Mar 17 2017

Posted By Blankwindow at 11:53 AM - Fri Mar 17 2017

Exactly.

That's like buying a product with the warning label sold separately. People shouldn't have to go rooting though blog posts to find out their purchase isn't what it was advertised to be.

I hit submit to soon, and you responded before i got my edit in

" Though I agree the # of kingdoms should have been shown in store when you select a server. So you know if it is even available or not on your chosen server.

but it doesn't take 30-60 mins to peruse the forums and find that information out either."

3/17/2017 6:37:31 PM #21

At the very least I would agree that if you went to purchase a Kingdom slot it should have a message telling you which servers still have an available slot before selling it. But I disagree that the numbers of Kingdoms per server should be more than 6, I think 6 is a perfectly good limit.

3/17/2017 6:53:30 PM #22

Posted By SoulSpark at 12:37 PM - Fri Mar 17 2017

At the very least I would agree that if you went to purchase a Kingdom slot it should have a message telling you which servers still have an available slot before selling it. But I disagree that the numbers of Kingdoms per server should be more than 6, I think 6 is a perfectly good limit.

Six is a good limit. The problem is that they've already oversold past that limit, and now they either have to accommodate for that, or end up having to turn down a king

3/17/2017 7:21:08 PM #23

Just my 2¢ but if your going to be laying down 10k on a game, you'd better be more than willing to spend the time researching if there are even 10k spots left, and if you're able to drop that kinda money it's also assumed you know what your getting into, so there really isn't any excuse to be caught off guard that a given server has reached its limit of Kings. Now I agree that once a given server has reached 6 Kings that SBS should have a warning pop up to remind potential Kings which servers are full, that way they can then choose if they still want to play and either buy 2 Duchies if they choose or buy one and buy extra EP if they so desire.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

3/17/2017 7:25:41 PM #24

Posted By Joreel at 1:21 PM - Fri Mar 17 2017

Just my 2¢ but if your going to be laying down 10k on a game, you'd better be more than willing to spend the time researching if there are even 10k spots left. And if you're gonna be able ding that kinda money it's also assumed you know what your getting into, so there really isn't any excuse to be caught off guard that a given server has reached its limit of Kings. Now I agree that once a given server has reached 6 Kings that SBS should have a warning pop up to remind potential Kings which servers are full, that way they can then choose if they still want to play and either buy 2 Duchies if they choose or buy one and buy extra EP if they so desire.

You do bring up a fair point, but it should be available information on the store page. If a new potential king is doing reading before they pledge, they may miss the small handful of places where the devs have actually said it, in favor of reading more on the game mechanics.

3/17/2017 8:23:26 PM #25

Keep in mind that You also need to have sufficient dukes, counts, mayors and regular players to fill a kingdom and make it work. So a limit to 6 for now makes sense. It wouldn't make sense to have 20 kings on a server without the playerbase to support them. The number of chiefs and indians must be balanced. The only solution would be to reduce kingdoms in size and make them mini-kingdoms...

Life is too short to play bad games.

3/17/2017 8:48:34 PM #26
[Featured]

Hey Folks,

We've been clear from the beginning that we will put a limit on the number of nobility per server.

Initially it was a random number per server, then it became a fixed amount per server to make it easier for the nobility to plan. The number of Nobility per server is:

• King: 6
  • Duke: 12 per kingdom
  • Count: 24 per duchy

The one exception to this is potentially Oceanus, which may have less.

We will be, in an upcoming store update, limiting the number of kings, dukes, and counts per server.

That said, if people are buying stuff in the store to try and gain a spot on a server and force someone else out - DON'T.

Total Influence, which can be raised through purchases, is used to determine the order of domain / settlement selection on a server among the nobility of the server. However server selection is based on the order in which packages were purchased.

Raise your Total Influence as high as you want, you can't force someone off a server if they purchased their package before you.

So, those who have Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties today - unless someone has purchased beyond the cap that I'm not aware of, will have their chosen servers.

From Emery's Kingdom & Duchy List, this is what community members have expressed:

NA-W

• The Kingdom of Blackheart
  • The Kingdom of Ashland
  • The Kingdom of Tyria
  • The Kingdom of Valycia

NA-E

• The Kingdom of Vornair (2x)
  • The Kingdom of Riftwood
  • The Kingdom of Fortuna
  • The Kingdom of Bordweall
  • The Kingdom of Kairos

EU

• The Kingdom of Nirath
  • The Kingdom of Arkadia
  • The Kingdom of Demalion (x2)
  • The Kingdom of Al-Khezam
  • The Kingdom of

Oceanus

• The Kingdom of Carpentia
  • The Kingdom of Lor Voskara

To conclude, do not disregard our limits. They are not moving again. If you purchase a King package before we get a chance to put a cap on the purchase page, you're going to find yourself either on a server you didn't plan on, or without a Kingdom. Then you'll have to make due with your Duchy, Design Experiences, and joining us for a fun weekend of gaming, but will otherwise have to trade in the King title for EP.