COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
No support

I try vor over an weak now to get contakt too the support via e-mail and i tryd Discord as well so far no response.

Last info from caspian was: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17939/the-five-kingdom-limit?page=2#post185819

From friday and he mentiont some where bevore:

otal Influence, which can be raised through purchases, is used to determine the order of domain / settlement selection on a server among the nobility of the server. However server selection is based on the order in which packages were purchased.

i checked hear https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19bAG7DGod83W4EUSXu8c8av73mMoJG4MrKuURMjyMyE/edit#gid=1228047101 if the sat is afailabl and it was empty i askt over discord 3 days bevor no response and then i bought it mad plans to give it to som peopel and suddenly another king apears out of nowher support still not aifailabel...

I dont mind the kingseat but some other peopel from eu where countin for that one so i am strongly disapointet at the support i mean if there was another guy with a open seat 1 week schould be planty of time to tell that to other peopel....

3/20/2017 8:00:39 PM #16

As the expression goes, which is purportedly a curse: May you live in interesting times.

These certainly are interesting times on the EU server!

P.S. Next time, please try to avoid the walls of text. It's just more reader friendly with paragraphs.

3/20/2017 8:02:12 PM #17

In response to the OP, we received an email from you last Wednesday stating you were interested in upgrading from Count to King, but that you were mostly interested in the Design Experience, and not necessarily the title.

We had just come back from PAX, and were flooded with messages from many different sources - players, press, publishers, etc. We added your message to our backlog to address, but as you weren't particularly interested in the title, we felt it wasn't as high a priority as a King tier just interested in the Design Experience is still a valid option.

Caspian

3/20/2017 8:03:47 PM #18

Posted By Mr_Plunkett at 1:00 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

I think I am a little confused with who gets the spot because I thought that server selection was in order of purchase so even though Dawid moved after Erishigkal purchased it, does Dawid still get the slot?

Server selection happens just before domain / settlement selection. People are free to move around in the meantime as much as they want. If Dawid completed his King purchase before Erishigkal, then when it comes time to select his server, he would be ahead in the selection process.

3/20/2017 8:10:37 PM #19

Well it sounds then like Tryggr and Eresh who have both ended up losing out on a Kingdom slot on EU may still yet obtain high influence positions within Dawid's Kingdom. I guess that's what you call diplomacy and the parties in question working things out.

3/20/2017 8:21:38 PM #20

Caspian, you're alive!!! I was speaking for my reasons. I personally would vote for time zone locking us and hitting the hard reset button on everything, but I accept the risk of playing what's effectively a turn-based board game at 160 ping.

3/20/2017 8:22:42 PM #21

It is based on order in which Kingdom package was paid off. Till we have Official Server selection things can change and people have right to choose whatever server they desire based on the order they paid their package. If a EU, APAC King wants to play on NA-E or NA-W it is possible. The current list of potential Kingdoms on all the servers is just estimate. Everything can change during actual Server Selection and some people can be kicked out or will be forced to select somewhere else.

Nothing stops King pledges by choosing on specific server and than giving the package to someone else if they desire to do so. As Caspian said people have right to choose what they want based on order in which it was paid and mechanics of merging, gifting are there in place to give people options they desire.

3/20/2017 9:06:29 PM #22

Posted By Azeron at 1:22 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

It is based on order in which Kingdom package was paid off. Till we have Official Server selection things can change and people have right to choose whatever server they desire based on the order they paid their package. If a EU, APAC King wants to play on NA-E or NA-W it is possible. The current list of potential Kingdoms on all the servers is just estimate. Everything can change during actual Server Selection and some people can be kicked out or will be forced to select somewhere else.

Nothing stops King pledges by choosing on specific server and than giving the package to someone else if they desire to do so. As Caspian said people have right to choose what they want based on order in which it was paid and mechanics of merging, gifting are there in place to give people options they desire.

well, if we're going to open up the can of worms, let us do so

I believe that the pledged kings should have a voice chat meeting with Caspian as to what is going on

i am not going to, for now, make public the screenshots that I have which clearly indicate how some people who pledged later than others, are trying to game the system and bump kings off a server

when i made my pledge, i had a discord chat with SBS

i voiced my concerns specifically about what would happen if an NA-W king for example wanted to move to NA-E, and was told that i would have the 5th slot on NA-E

@Caspian @Vye I suggest we get this sorted ASAP

3/20/2017 9:12:00 PM #23

It seems people buying multiple kingdoms is causing all these problems, if Vornair didn't have so many kingdoms, Dawid wouldn't of have to have moved and if Demalion didn't have 2, then he could've moved without causing problems. Maybe a possible solution would be giving these double or triple kingdoms double or triple the duchies and obviously double or triple the land of 1 kingdom but only one slot? With the way that the devs have said that the scaling is practically limitless this could be a solution

3/20/2017 9:14:39 PM #24

Posted By Caspian at 4:02 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

In response to the OP, we received an email from you last Wednesday stating you were interested in upgrading from Count to King, but that you were mostly interested in the Design Experience, and not necessarily the title.

We had just come back from PAX, and were flooded with messages from many different sources - players, press, publishers, etc. We added your message to our backlog to address, but as you weren't particularly interested in the title, we felt it wasn't as high a priority as a King tier just interested in the Design Experience is still a valid option.

Caspian

So is there a way for a count to access more of the design experience without going into the next tier? Sorry, if this is the wrong place for that, I'm just curious.

3/20/2017 9:17:10 PM #25

Posted By Kyxsune at 9:14 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Posted By Caspian at 4:02 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Caspian

So is there a way for a count to access more of the design experience without going into the next tier? Sorry, if this is the wrong place for that, I'm just curious.

No, you have to buy that particular tier and exchange the title for EP in order to remain count.

3/20/2017 9:18:13 PM #26

Pushing for server selection sooner rather than later will make life a great deal easier, just in being able to judge volumes of players of each tier. Without that knowledge it's nigh impossible to guess where you're at in terms of capacity.

In response to one of the earlier posts though, no, Elyria is NOT a turn based game. I'm hoping not to see "lagg exploits" with the mechanics for OPCs etc. Instead, you may just find yourself easily picked off with a super high latency, purely due to your resultant poor response times.

Issues with lagg should be imposed on the client not the server imo.

3/20/2017 9:19:23 PM #27

Posted By Kyxsune at 4:14 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

No, it wouldn't be possible unless you put the money down into the next tier for the next design experience access.

3/20/2017 9:19:42 PM #28

Correct, dev's have said they don't want to make experiences purchasable independently because of the work that goes into it. So...on the bright side you would have tons of EP.

3/20/2017 9:21:21 PM #29

@dleathrus I think that the devs have been pretty clear of their official stance on the subject at this point, as well they have been clear in the past. I have no idea what you discussed privately with them but I have always held the understanding that server selection hasnt officially happened yet, and that when it did people would select their server based off of who paid their pledge off first. Until that official server selection happens and we are locked in, we are subject to that system which means that if someone changes their mind they technically have the right to up until the point that the server selection happens and they make their choice.

Does that suck for some people? Absolutely. Does it make it to where someone who simply has a 10k pledge and no community what so ever can technically push a community who has a cumulative 110-120k donated to the game off of their desired server? Absolutely. However, considering that the devs have been clear (at least publicly and officially, i can not and will not speak to your private discussions with them) on their stance, I view this as something that is up to the community to handle. Which is easy enough to do. Again if someone wants to try and take any one of the NA-E Kingdom spots through some back alley deals, the easy solution is for us to make it very clear that the rest of the NA-E server will thank them kindly for their donation, then proceed to remove their title and give it back to the person who was originally slated for that spot. That is something I absolutely can get behind, I know through conversations with yourself that its something you can get behind. I think that solves the issue.

I think that this is something that can absolutely be handled by the community, since the devs have made clear their intent and official stance. What it seems like from Valanor's earlier post is that he has done his due diligence on the EU server and that the Kingdom of Trygrr and the new pledged King are ultimately getting what they want in working with Pendulum. The only problem that occurs from here is if Valanor decides to server hop again, but luckily for Trygrr the new pledged King still has his title as a back up plan, so its win-win for them (except they are kinda having to work with people they didnt intend to have to work with but that happens, so long as they are okay with it, no harm no foul.) However, wherever Valanor decides to go if he decides to jump ship again, he has the potential to shift things around on any other server but NA-E currently (unless they pull hijinks). I think the only reasonable solution there is, those servers make it very clear whether they will or will not support his decision and he can change his mind as he sees fit, and as per the amount of risk he is willing to take.

While I dont agree that we need to wait until later on down the road for server selection, that seems to be the decision by the devs and ultimately one we as a community have to adjust fire and our expectations for in order to continue forward. There are plenty of ways the community can handle these things themselves, working within the confines of the game mechanics as we understand them.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

3/20/2017 9:25:43 PM #30

The problem is some people just buying all the kingdoms cough Vornair cough