COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
No support

I try vor over an weak now to get contakt too the support via e-mail and i tryd Discord as well so far no response.

Last info from caspian was: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17939/the-five-kingdom-limit?page=2#post185819

From friday and he mentiont some where bevore:

otal Influence, which can be raised through purchases, is used to determine the order of domain / settlement selection on a server among the nobility of the server. However server selection is based on the order in which packages were purchased.

i checked hear https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19bAG7DGod83W4EUSXu8c8av73mMoJG4MrKuURMjyMyE/edit#gid=1228047101 if the sat is afailabl and it was empty i askt over discord 3 days bevor no response and then i bought it mad plans to give it to som peopel and suddenly another king apears out of nowher support still not aifailabel...

I dont mind the kingseat but some other peopel from eu where countin for that one so i am strongly disapointet at the support i mean if there was another guy with a open seat 1 week schould be planty of time to tell that to other peopel....

3/21/2017 3:15:57 AM #61

Posted By Kaynadin at 8:10 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Without a very good AI that can equal or better player run communities it was always headed this direction in a game that is about politics and power. The group with the most PC controlled land and the most PC controlled soldiers has a massive advantage so the political game started on day one. The only way to stop it or tamp it down would be to make it an advantage (or at least not a disadvantage) to having more NPC controlled areas and citizens in a kingdom/duchy/county.

Actually, you are mistaken; it was never intended to be that way. Hence why during KoE your forum login is not connected to your character's name. This power struggle is the way the community made it. It might take me some time, but I could find sources for you if you require clarification to my statement.

3/21/2017 3:18:18 AM #62

Posted By Gromp at 8:12 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Posted By mystichaze at 8:03 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to the OP. I am confident he didn't expect this kind of feedback from his thread. First off I would like to welcome you to the community Ereshkigal, and I am sure that SBS will try to accommodate you the best they can.

And secondly, this is a perfect example of what building your communities before the game is ready can do, the hostilities it can create and what it can do to the community as a whole.

I liked the way things were originally intended. We were meant to pick our locations then start recruiting with our characters, with it being unknown as to what players were connected to what area. With all the information out there about what players intend to do, how high their influence is and who they are willing to play with is just becoming one big drama fest.

What was wrong with quietly picking our locations and building our communities in-game as our characters rather than alienating people because you don't happen to like them outside of the game? Or fighting over things that might never happen. Hells people it is a game, it is meant to be fun.

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I still intend to play it that way. You will never know what County I am running unless you find out in-game.

Tosses down her two cents, smirks, and steps back.

But you now you will get a county. The OP doesn't know if he will get his kingdom (in his desired server).

Anyways, I also believe eventually there will be some kind of solution, and everyone will be happy. If the selection of domains was close from now, this drama might have been good. But right now it harms the community imo.

As I mentioned, my heart goes out to the OP, but from what I have seen with the way SBS handles things I am confident they will come to a viable solution. Unfortunately much of this thread wasn't directed at the OP.

3/21/2017 3:25:54 AM #63

Posted By Dleatherus at 8:02 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 7:57 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

My brother plays star citizen? I mean, if you do any research on me at all you will learn I have 5 sisters and no brothers. The person who I consider my brother Aaron (Haervy Rhyne) has bought the intro package for star citizen and played a total of 10 minutes with Adrien de Valos's Star Citizen group (IEC) before putting the game down never to play it again. However, I love this rumor, so I'll allow it.

:-D

if i truly thought it was your brother i wouldn't have been defending him as it says in the same screenshot :)

Thank you for your donation, Dleatherus

3/21/2017 3:29:15 AM #64

Posted By mystichaze at 2:03 PM - Tue Mar 21 2017

What was wrong with quietly picking our locations and building our communities in-game as our characters rather than alienating people because you don't happen to like them outside of the game? Or fighting over things that might never happen. Hells people it is a game, it is meant to be fun.

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I still intend to play it that way. You will never know what County I am running unless you find out in-game.

Personally I would rather get to know the people I am playing with. More so with the type of game it's going to be. You will basically need to work with people, sure you can solo. But a game that is more built around people, why not setup ahead of time?

It was always going to happen when people are backing hundreds or thousands. Sure if you are only a citizen, then you don't have to worry about putting your town down in some good location.

But either way the drama would come. I would rather be on the inside, over some random person joining. Gotta hope that group then likes you. Or you are going to have one huge target on your back.

3/21/2017 3:42:12 AM #65

Posted By Gunnlang at 8:29 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Posted By mystichaze at 2:03 PM - Tue Mar 21 2017

Personally I would rather get to know the people I am playing with. More so with the type of game it's going to be. You will basically need to work with people, sure you can solo. But a game that is more built around people, why not setup ahead of time?

It was always going to happen when people are backing hundreds or thousands. Sure if you are only a citizen, then you don't have to worry about putting your town down in some good location.

But either way the drama would come. I would rather be on the inside, over some random person joining. Gotta hope that group then likes you. Or you are going to have one huge target on your back.

What is the difference of getting to know them in-game or in the forums? Either way some you will get along with, well others you may not. Just because you have gathered before Expo won't ensure that you will remain allies once the game begins. Hell, just have a look around at how much folks have been bouncing around so far. The difference is you will need to handle it in-game as opposed to the forums. I would rather deal with the in-game drama and use it to drive the story. But that is just me, apparently.. heh

3/21/2017 3:55:26 AM #66

Posted By mystichaze at 2:42 PM - Tue Mar 21 2017

What is the difference of getting to know them in-game or in the forums? Either way some you will get along with, well others you may not. Just because you have gathered before Expo won't ensure that you will remain allies once the game begins. Hell, just have a look around at how much folks have been bouncing around so far. The difference is you will need to handle it in-game as opposed to the forums. I would rather deal with the in-game drama and use it to drive the story. But that is just me, apparently.. heh

Not much difference if you don't care about what kingdom you end up in. But seeing as they are all different in their own way, with how they run things to what biome they plan to aim for. That alone can be enough for some people.

Maybe others have bounced around. I been loyal to some for months now. Sure it may all go to shit before then. But hoping those backing higher titles than me, don't just suddenly change their plans months later.

Doesn't really matter what way you do it. I just rather start the ball rolling. Make the MUD/kingdoms of elyria more fun over just not really bothering with it.

3/21/2017 4:44:52 AM #67

What the hell, I'm gonna jump in on this one.

The one true problem here is that kings tiers were never locked in. The community voiced concerns over this several months ago and we were told not to worry, it was being handled. We were told it was essentially our fault because even though we were given the ability to begin planning our individual communities and kingdoms, that wasn't what the team had planned for us to do.

As I said then - it really doesn't matter if our community (kingdom) building was planned for this early because we were never instructed not to until more than a year after we began to do so.

I think the team, overall, is doing some fantastic work, but to drop the ball on an issue like this is pretty ridiculous. How much longer will people be allowed to buy unlocked high dollar tiers? I'm not suggesting locking biomes, but every noble should at this point be locked to a server.

3/21/2017 5:32:25 AM #68

Hail, Elyrians!

Concerns regarding the Monarch pledge have been raised, and duly noted. Rest assured, we do intend to add some kind of indication in the store to show how many slots are left available on the servers, but it's complicated because monarchs can -- and have -- changed their intended server.

Nothing is set in stone until domain selection, and we've announced that servers will have 6 kingdoms as well as a no refund policy. Total Influence remains the order that domains will be allotted, as it always has been, and we will soon be removing the Monarch Package from the store.

Bear with us!

To clarify, server selection =/= domain (land) selection.

TL;DR:

1. We intend to add an indication of available slots in the store.
  2. Nothing is set in stone until domain selection.
  3. Servers will have 6 kingdoms.
  4. Domains allotted will be via order of Total Influence.
  5. We will be removing the Monarch Package from the store soon.

3/21/2017 9:59:32 AM #69

Good morning,

It is not my case, but honestly, I consider that the packs of nobles if they already know the servers that will be and the amount of packages per server, you should limit them in the store in addition to compelling to choose server to avoid these problems.

You can not have players or have a blocked investment and no right to return, but the worst thing is that these people do not know if they can play quietly or at ease with their friends where they chose.

This is malpractice and abusive.

3/21/2017 10:14:28 AM #70

So hear again on german becouse some peopel seam not to understand my english:

So hier nochmal auf Deutsch da mein english anscheinend nimand versteht:

Ich habe disen tread geöffnet weil ich schlechte erfahrungen mit anderen mmos gemacht habe was support und pay to win angeht.

Da gabs zum einen puplisher die mangelhaften und mitunter gar keinen support hatten ( z.B NCsoft Alias no coment soft)

Und puplisher die während der entwicklung sagten es würde kein pay to win werden ( z.B Arche age ( Trion)) und dan das gegenteil gemacht haben.

Ich wollte hier nur nochmal darauf hinweisen das sämtliche e-mails und anderweitige kommunikations versuche bisher komplet ignoriert wurden. ( ausnahme ist dieses forum post wo aber bisher nich wirklich auf mein problem KEIN SUPPORT eingegangen wurde).

Wie ich sagte ich war mier nicht sicher ob ich den titel überhaupt will oder nicht und das ist mier immoment auch so zimlich egal aber was ich absolute nicht hinehme ist der support .. ich habe meine frage so einfach fumuliert das sie mit einem ja oder nein oder wissen wir nicht hätte beantwortet werden können freischaltung im discord für den 10k bereich siht für mich auch nicht so aufwendig aus ald das man dafür 3 wochen brauchen würde... aber sie scheinen zeit zu haben im discord channel rumzualbern und seiten lange forum post zu verfassen aber wens darum geht auf eine eifache frage zu beantworten um andere leute dafon abzuhalten ein packet zu kaufen das es klar so nicht mer gibt und in forums auf seiten verweist die den eindruck erwecken das noch slots frei sind dies bereits nicht mer gibt kommt :

WAS NOT A HIGH PRIORITY

HATTE KEINE HOHE PRIORITÄT

Heist für mich support ist nicht wichtig und wen er doch noch einer 10k spendirt warum sollen wier ihn davon abhalten 10k mehr für uns der rest ist ja sein problem.

Soweit hat mier immer noch keiner geantwortet auf keine meiner mails das design experience hat er hier klar gemacht bekomme ich auch wen ich nicht könig werde und über den rest würde sich reden lassen ... aber ich werde nimanden ein spiel empfehlen das keinen support hat und dem die einahmen wichtiger sind als die spieler die das spiel spielen wollen .. den soweit ist noch njichtmal sicher das es das spiel jemals überhaupt geben wirt.

Diser thread kann geschlossen werden This thread can be closed.

3/21/2017 10:16:28 AM #71

Hey SBS it looks like we are generating quests for you while you design your quests for us. Which has more deception and mystery, we will see.

3/21/2017 10:19:41 AM #72

For the people who prefer google translate > German (Cant say the grammar is good)

So here again in German since my english apparently nimand understands:

I have disen tread open because I have made bad experiences with other mmos what support and pay to win.

Since there were on the one puplisher the deficient and sometimes no support (eg NCsoft Alias ​​no coment soft)

And puplisher the during the development said it would be no pay to win (eg Arche age (Trion)) and then have done the opposite.

I just wanted to point out that all e-mails and other communication attempts were completely ignored so far. (Except this forum post where however so far nich really on my problem NO SUPPORT was received).

As I said I was programming not sure if I ever want to title or not and that is minimizing immoment also so zimlich matter but what I absolutely do not hinehme is the support .. I have my question as simple fumuliert she with a yes or no or we do not know could be answered freischaltung in discord for the 10k range siht for me not so complicated from ald that you could do it in 3 weeks ... but they seem to have time in discord channel goof around and pages long forum post to but Post wen comes to a eifache question to answer other people dafon hold a packet to buy it clear so not mer's and refers in forums on sites which give the impression that even this slots are free not already mer comes:

WHAT NOT A HIGH PRIORITY

HAD NO HIGH PRIORITY

Heist for me support is not important and whom he yet spendirt still a 10k why should wier stop him from 10k more for us the rest is his trouble.

To the extent that programming is still not replied to any of my mails the design experience, he has made clear here I get who I'm not king and the rest would be talking can ... but I'll recommend nimanden a game that has no support and Which is more important than the players who want to play the game .. the so far is not yet sure that the game ever ever.

Friend code : 89C21C

3/21/2017 10:29:16 AM #73

Posted By Caeoltoiri at 11:32 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Hail, Elyrians!

Total Influence remains the order that domains will be allotted, as it always has been

1. Domains allotted will be via order of Total Influence.

I thought domains were by purchase date and settlements were by IP? Isn't that what Caspian said?

1. We intend to add an indication of available slots in the store.

Thank you, this resolves my own issue

3/21/2017 10:37:42 AM #74

I jused loged into dicord and i finally have my 10k acces there :-) thx alot

And thx @ Excalibur40 for the translation :-)

3/21/2017 10:39:22 AM #75

Posted By Yorick at 11:29 AM - Tue Mar 21 2017

Hail, Elyrians!

Total Influence remains the order that domains will be allotted, as it always has been

1. Domains allotted will be via order of Total Influence.

I thought domains were by purchase date and settlements were by IP? Isn't that what Caspian said?

server selection is by purchase date/order, domain selection by amount of influence.