COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
CoE is a living choose your own adventure

I tried my hand at a sort of illustrated fanart for CoE. I hope people don't think it's too hokey haha

I just really love the idea that something out of the ordinary in Elyria has a reason that isn't "because the devs thought it would be cool to leave there for people to see". If you're walking along and you find a beautiful, albeit beat up, sword and shield...would you immediately take it? You know nothing about why it's there, are you willing to live with the risk to have it. Personally, I don't think I would be willing to assume the risk but that's just me, what about you guys?

3/21/2017 2:32:15 AM #1

I would have my military personell pick it up. If we are lucky, they turn into a demigod. If we are unlucky it burns their face off and I compensate them :3

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/21/2017 3:56:14 AM #2

Posted By Themata at 10:32 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

I would have my military personell pick it up. If we are lucky, they turn into a demigod. If we are unlucky it burns their face off and I compensate them :3

What if it does both? They might be pretty resentful.

3/21/2017 4:42:34 AM #3

I feel like you should make it a more dramatic choice, say "the hammer or the sword?", add in a mallet or blacksmith's hammer, to appeal to the more peaceful side of the fanbase and represent that choice aspect a little more ^_^

It looks good though, nice job!

3/21/2017 4:47:54 AM #4

Posted By Hellmoon at 11:56 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

Posted By Themata at 10:32 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

What if it does both? They might be pretty resentful.

pft. Commoners, resentful? They do not have the thought capacity necessary to even dream of having such a emotion!

I care not that he has the power of a demi-god, I will have him Whipped!

He might struggle, and perhaps even try to kill me?

...Outrageous! He would dare place his...low-born fingers upon my superior body? I will have him whipped again!

I can't whip a Demi-God? Non-sense. I'm a noble. I can whip any commoner I want! Why are you looking at me like that? Jealous of my superior intelligence, which comes naturally due to me being an noble? Well, you can be as smart as me, just become a noble! Its not about the genes, nor the education. Its all about having land and title!

...Gets killed by the Demi-God

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/21/2017 6:48:00 AM #5

Only problem with the choose your own adventure and coe is that you cant flip through the pages too see what the best option to take is :p

Its like seeing a canis rabbit and saying, hmm do i try to take that holy hand granade thats behind him, since after all its a harmless bunny, or do i send in the amry to kill the oul beast just to be cautious...

3/21/2017 3:02:12 PM #6

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 12:42 AM - Tue Mar 21 2017

I feel like you should make it a more dramatic choice, say "the hammer or the sword?", add in a mallet or blacksmith's hammer, to appeal to the more peaceful side of the fanbase and represent that choice aspect a little more ^_^

It looks good though, nice job!

I mean, it's not really a choice of weapon. It's just the question of whether you would take something that you found just laying on the ground because it probably has a story behind it. What if someone was murdered with it and the murderer left it behind, or someone else found it but decidedly left it behind for someone else to deal with ;)

If you choose to pick it up, it could change your personal story in CoE - for the good, or the bad but you might have no way of knowing.

3/21/2017 6:16:11 PM #7

Everyone is assuming this story alteration would be magical in nature, based off what Caspian has stated about COE that is the wrong thing to assume. More than likely the story behind it is more in the low fantasy, like Hellmoon said, perhaps a murder took place there and with what we know of COE a murder is a BIG deal! You could be the one to bring in evidence of a crime where a coup de grace ended the life of someone forever.

Those are the kinds of story alterations likely to take place, at least in the early years of COE. It all depends on the overall story after all.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.