COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
COE Presentation videos - Arkadia

Hi everyone,

To help new people that can't speak English discover about the game and learn the complex mechanics we decided to make a serie of videos on COE.

Arkadia Q&A - English

French Presentation

Italian Presentation

Second will be in Italian, coming "soon"...

3/21/2017 3:14:45 AM #1

Great move !

3/21/2017 7:22:12 AM #2

parfait :) merci

3/21/2017 7:35:23 AM #3

Are you allowed to use the SBS intro like that?

House Storm

3/21/2017 9:24:40 AM #4

Great Video!!!! I can't wait to see in Spanish....

3/21/2017 10:50:54 AM #5

Posted By Thor at 08:35 AM - Tue Mar 21 2017

We try to make discover the game to the french communauty. Really? It is the first things which you find to say.

3/21/2017 12:42:44 PM #6

Posted By Thor at 08:35 AM - Tue Mar 21 2017

You're a very sad little man.

3/21/2017 12:54:52 PM #7

Why wouldn't he be allowed to use the intro? He's not making money off it, and SBS benefits from his translations.

So..... Yeah.

3/21/2017 1:23:54 PM #8

Posted By Thor at 07:35 AM - Tue Mar 21 2017

Other games allow members to use their intro as they benefit from the publicity. CoE needs the publicity due to the lack of a huge advertising budget that AAA games have. The video is not derogatory it is an informational video.

SBS should have no problem with it..

Raziel and Ivorax well done on the video! I like how you are going to cater for European people in their own languages too.

3/21/2017 2:33:54 PM #9

It is a fair question, we asked Sbs to use it on Heraldo de Elyria and they said "no" to logo, yes to almost everything else

3/22/2017 9:26:00 AM #10

Quite interesting how everyone who doesn't sing praises is downvoted.

Alt text

3/22/2017 7:56:25 PM #11

I don't know the reason why someone wouldn't praise the work and time someone has put into doing something for others...

Nice video Raziel.

3/22/2017 8:43:28 PM #12

Excellent idea Raziel! I am glad you guys are putting this together. Good on you!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

3/23/2017 9:42:21 AM #13

Posted By Tonchek at 8:56 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

I don't know the reason why someone wouldn't praise the work and time someone has put into doing something for others...

Nice video Raziel.

Things aren't great just because someone put effort in it. While the effort can be admired, it doesn't always correlate with quality. And if you just block out all critics and stay within your bubble, things will never improve.

Alt text

3/23/2017 10:01:53 AM #14

Posted By CalligoMiles at 11:42 AM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Posted By Tonchek at 8:56 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

Nice video Raziel.

Things aren't great just because someone put effort in it. While the effort can be admired, it doesn't always correlate with quality. And if you just block out all critics and stay within your bubble, things will never improve.

True quality is never guaranteed. However disparaging effort will only lead to discouragement. Constructive criticism differs from destructive criticism in how you express it. The fact of the matter is, people have tried to bring CoE and the community they belong to, to a wider audience. That effort alone is worth consideration, regardless of quality or substance.

Honestly what I see here in this thread, is not the mirth of jovial rivalry but rather, sadly, envy and discouragement.

I applaud any effort to widen the playerbase of CoE and to bring it to a wider audience who might not be as fluent in the English language, regardless of the affiliation of the people involved. (Yes, I know I have the Arkadia banner and people can say blabla, just another mouthpiece) To those, honestly, get over yourself.

The fact of the matter is, some communities in CoE have larger playerbases from some nationalities than others. If in the course of their activities they try to appeal to a wider audience, why the hell not? It is still up to an individual player to decide where he will settle. Freedom of choice and so on ;)

There are numerous sites for other language based communities so why should the French language community not have a platform as well? Is that in any way different than say a german, an arabic or a spanish based one?

So please, if you take objection to anything in the videos, misinformation, misrepresenation etc.... please bring it up in a respectful manner and these things can be discussed like gentlemenn and gentlewomenn ;) (Pistols at dawn!) :D

Otherwise, well, I invite you to please move on. Nothing to see here but CoE community involvement.

Ps. Oh and nice video btw xD

3/24/2017 12:16:53 AM #15

Posted By Adam Burrfoot at 9:43 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

Excellent idea Raziel! I am glad you guys are putting this together. Good on you!

Thank you, proud and happy to have your support :)