COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Songs in Elyria

Maybe I am the only one but I haven't yet heard any songs that is to be in the game. Because of this I was thinking: How about we, the community, make up a few songs which can be heard while sitting around a campfire or maybe a song you sing for the children before bedtime?

If you like the idea, feel free to post some lyrics below, the name of the song and maybe describe a place or occasion that you can hear the song at. A link to an actual performance of a song is always fun, so feel free to add that too if you want. (Completely fine to skip writing out the lyrics here, if you link a performance of the song instead.)

What songs do you imagine hearing in Elyria and what lyrics do they have?

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

3/25/2017 5:03:01 AM #1

Anything within' boroque period (spelling). Bard like music. Either that or some kind of modern rock music you hear in animes every now and then.

DarkYeoman

3/25/2017 6:26:05 AM #2

Definately Skaa and heavy metal

3/25/2017 11:41:08 AM #3

Sera was never from Dragon Age Inquisition is the kind of song I would be delighted to see in the game.

Also Witcheresq tavern songs

4/13/2017 4:55:51 AM #4

If I had more influence I would post a link to one of my own compositions, so I guess if you are interested, shoot me a message!! I will be playing a bard when the game drops and like the idea of actually writing pieces for my character.

And once we get to know more of the worlds lore, I will definitely be doing some poetry and tales :)

4/20/2017 4:14:20 AM #5

I want to hear marching songs. Like....

(to the tune of GarryOwen)

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry, And kiss the girls so they'll not cry, And toss the dice until we fly, To dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

We'll dance all night until the moon runs free, And dandle the lasses upon our knee, And then you'll ride along with me, To dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

We'll sing all night, and drink all day, And on the girls we'll spend our pay, And when it's gone, then we'll away, To dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

There's some delight in ale and wine, And some in girls with ankles fine, But my delight, yes, always mine, Is to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

In this case, Jak o' the Shadows is death. So basically a bunch of soldiers marching along, singing this because really, when your job is to fight to the death, why wouldn't you sing about how dancing with death is better than anything else?

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

4/21/2017 12:22:31 PM #6

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0t3O55Zo

My first goal in this game is to pay as many bards as necessary to have that sung in every Tavern.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

4/25/2017 2:53:09 AM #7

They're was once an old farmer, who sat on a stool, drunk off his stump, with a shirt full of drool. When once came a lady, so fair and so wise, through the tavern doors she breezed, caused the drunkards to rise.

Small poems to sing like that from things like Skyrim used to make me happy, so I hope they add stuff like this.

4/25/2017 4:14:26 AM #8

Posted By WorldExplorer at

Maybe I am the only one but I haven't yet heard any songs that is to be in the game. Because of this I was thinking: How about we, the community, make up a few songs which can be heard while sitting around a campfire or maybe a song you sing for the children before bedtime?

If you like the idea, feel free to post some lyrics below, the name of the song and maybe describe a place or occasion that you can hear the song at. A link to an actual performance of a song is always fun, so feel free to add that too if you want. (Completely fine to skip writing out the lyrics here, if you link a performance of the song instead.)

What songs do you imagine hearing in Elyria and what lyrics do they have?

I helped start karaoke night in Vornair [NA-E]. I haven't been able to participate in a while because of my work schedule, but I had a similar idea back when we first started karaoke. I'd like to see players sing different songs that bards could play in CoE. The only one worthy that comes to mind is "Misty Mountains" and I'm pretty sure there are legal reason why Soulbound could not produce it, but I've always wondered if the players could produce the song and leave the rights to the recording open to the public so that Soulbound could pick it up.

It would be nice if we could create our own songs, too. If you'd like to compose a song with other Elyrians I suggest having a Discord in which to do it. It's difficult to compose music or lyrics on a forum thread without being able to hash things out or know the tempo to write the lyrics for.

4/25/2017 4:52:01 AM #9

I won't be able to link the songs I'd like to, due to not having 250 IP yet, but I will give the names.

For traveling music look up Breath of the Forest ( I don't think it's in the public domain, but a good tune to work with)

For a good bard song: Lelianna's Song from Dragon Age (Also not in the public domain, but a good eerie song for coming back to your body)

Another good song that is in the public domain is Soldier, Soldier will you marry me. It's just music, so no words needed and very beautiful sounding.

This is another song for maybe a tavern, beautiful dreamer, look up the one by the Irish Tenors, this song is also in the public domain.

Those are just a few ideas I had.

Joshua E. Furtado

4/25/2017 6:06:34 AM #10

youtube sean beeson, i believe he is the guy that will be doing the soundtrack. some very impressive piano pieces. worked on a lot of games too i believe.

5/9/2017 3:08:48 PM #11

"the fearfull monarch was shaking in his little tower

for with fame comes the great emotional cower

when the assasin strikes

he goes yikes!

best are those that leave said fort

and tis not afraid of good old mort

better get his heir a better piece of armor

to cover that bitter lack of hounor

must be common to wear ones parents pants, these days

or to don his old dad's dead or disceased, plot armor ways

but never you the glorious one should hold much fear

when it is good old saber songs that are near. "

the scared monarch -by saberstormer

7/27/2017 3:19:25 PM #12

I am now able to link some songs that I think could be great in Elyria. These are in the public domain Soldier, Soldier will you marry me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVaCof8UN8

Beautiful Dreamer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiFrPL-iYYI

Cailín Óg a Stór: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4cd3tnaOU

This is just a few I can think of.

Joshua E. Furtado

7/30/2017 11:41:36 PM #13

i would love Lindsey Stirling type music to be available to play or like how cords so any song can be played

The Job above all else, reputation is harder to gain than people are to hire.

7/31/2017 1:34:57 AM #14

I already composed a song for Elyria called "Kingdom". Search for my channel "Apocalyptic Universe" in youtube.