COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
What do I do now after purchasing?

I recently just purchased the Proprietor and was wondering when I could start to play or designing my family crest. I've been looking at this game for a couple of weeks now and I really would like to start my family's history.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/24/2017 8:13:14 PM #1

The game is still pre-alpha, and in the process of being created. The Crest Design and gameplay isn't out yet. As for starting your family history, the only way to do that currently is by writing it down somewhere.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/24/2017 8:15:12 PM #2

Will I be notified when I can play?

3/24/2017 8:18:47 PM #3

Umm. They will be sending newsletters to your email every once in a while. You should be notified through email when Mud/Kingdom of Elyria/alpha/beta/exposition comes out. But it won't be anytime soon though. I'd say at least 3 months before the first game mode is out.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/24/2017 8:19:34 PM #4

Posted By Shady Clown at 1:13 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

The game is still pre-alpha, and in the process of being created. The Crest Design and gameplay isn't out yet. As for starting your family history, the only way to do that currently is by writing it down somewhere.

In addition to this, you can start thinking what biome interests you and your family lore/history and aim at getting that biome(s) during land selection that is said to be late spring, but no guarantee on that timeline. You should research KoE and MUD aswell, for that will offer some history building elements to the game and is apart of CoE's pre-alpha experiences coming in the near future. NOTE: when i say near future, it could still mean multiple months.

3/26/2017 5:08:42 PM #5

okay so I just signed up for the website and if I can only afford the cheep package, does that mean ill never be able to reach the same status as higher class? I mean I'm not going to invest 40 bucks just to be some peasant. can someone please elaborate?

3/26/2017 5:15:05 PM #6

Your starting package determines how you start. After that it's up to you. You can gain status by playing the game.

Also bear in mind, packages are mostly about land ownership and title. Playing the management game. No package will make you better at fighting or crafting or survival, etc.

3/26/2017 5:19:51 PM #7

Posted By HostileZombie at 1:08 PM - Sun Mar 26 2017

okay so I just signed up for the website and if I can only afford the cheep package, does that mean ill never be able to reach the same status as higher class? I mean I'm not going to invest 40 bucks just to be some peasant. can someone please elaborate?

Welcome Hostilezombie!

First and foremost, i would recommend searching the forums as this question and about 90% of the questions you can think of has already been answered.

However, to answer you question briefly, no. You CAN reach the same status as higher class. These are just starting roles. Once your wealth and fame grows, you'll have the opportunity to move up in the world if that is your goal. There are many ways to move up, but they require a lot of hard work.

3/26/2017 5:26:19 PM #8

sorry I had just seen this topic first and that it was active. I will read more. this game seems pretty cool.

3/26/2017 5:29:50 PM #9

okay so I just signed up for the website and if I can only afford the cheep package, does that mean ill never be able to reach the same status as higher class?

They start with it, but anyone can come and take it away from them, should they have the power to do so.

I mean I'm not going to invest 40 bucks just to be some peasant. can someone please elaborate?

Unsure what kind of preconception "some peasant" is meant to represent. Nobility will definitely be something hard to achieve, there's a limited number of nobles after all (a soft-limit, though, since it can expand and shrink at will), but it remains accessible to anyone, although difficult to acquire. The same can be said from most of this game; for instance, being a blacksmith is relatively easy, but being a master blacksmith is going to be insanely hard and prone to competition. The same can be said of nobility, dabbling into politics will be relatively easy, but acquiring an actual title will be faced with more competition.

Also, if that's the kind of thing which interests you, an accessible starting point would be to try and build a hamlet from scratch, become a town, then a city, and eventually you yourself will be a mayor. Mayors are part of aristocracy, not nobility, but it's a solid stepping stone to lead you into nobility.

Assuming nobility isn't the only point of interest for you, there's plenty of other opportunities outside of being "some peasant". Soldiers and town guards will be in heavy demand, different roles (for example scribe and architect) will require filling on city, county, duchy and kingdom levels of governance, guilds and associations will be a necessary backbone of life and a large amount of merchants will have the chance to test their mettle and negotiating skills in this environment. Honestly, the options are pretty much limitless.

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

3/26/2017 5:37:33 PM #10

Start drama

3/26/2017 6:25:48 PM #11

Posted By HostileZombie at 12:08 PM - Sun Mar 26 2017

It all will depend on what networks you build, who you associate yourself with, how you play, where your interests lay and to be frank how capable are you of climbing social ladder and recognizing opportunities when they present themselves, starting at $40 you will be a commoner and will join in game that already has established societal order, totally up to you if you have skills and abilities to climb to the top, there will not be repeatable quests or grind for you to get it, same goes for nobles if they do not work hard to keep their titles they will lose them

3/26/2017 8:15:21 PM #12

Any other questions can also be found in some of the Discord channels