COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The question of the metamorphosis

Is it possible to free of charge to be reborn? (Merging a new body with an old soul) How to become a vampire (or werewolf)? This will affect the state of soul, astral body or karma? (Google Translate)

3/27/2017 7:44:32 PM #1

vampires and werewolves?

parasites and vermin.

3/27/2017 8:00:10 PM #2

None of it will be available at launch.

3/27/2017 10:54:34 PM #3

You get 3 random souls to start with and one life per spark, so there aren't any freebies in the game. You pay per life... lycanthropy doesn't exist in CoE and Vampires are ultra rare, so the odds of finding one are infinitesimal at best

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

3/27/2017 11:11:05 PM #4

While you have to pay for the first time spark, you will be able to earn sparks if you are an active participant in the game's lore and develop content for other players.

As for werewolves, no one can confirm these as of now.

3/27/2017 11:50:00 PM #5

Lichs and Vampires have been confirmed by Caspian, but he also said they were very rare at best and as such would be more of a world event storyline of they were ever discovered. Werewolves on the other hand have never been confirmed even when he was asked about them during the BW interview where he talked about Lichs and Vampires. However I could see some real fun with lycanthropy especially of the player didn't know they'd been infected :-)

3/28/2017 11:40:15 AM #6

http://coeqa.diegobao.info/tags/vampire

3/28/2017 12:00:23 PM #7

Well the Soul ages independently of the Sparks(if that makes sense?), so you can merge "old" souls into new bodies. That's a pretty big part of the game, and affects skill ramps and progression of later characters tied to the specific soul.

And there will be an affinity system that determines how edgy and cutthroat the characters of the soul will be. So if you focus mainly on "darker" activities, then there will be more opportunities to do "darker" things, and vice versa. Not sure how that will work however.

Not sure about vamps, or werewolves, but Liches are pretty much confirmed at this point and have a separate aging mechanic if my information is correct.

3/28/2017 1:01:45 PM #8

I do not want to put anyone down or diminish the value of anyone's question/comment by this post. Just want to say that I don't really understand why people talk about the super natural so much, especially considering how rare it's going to be. It's cool to know that it's going to be in the game, but it sounds like people are making plans to be "one of those supernatural beings"... when the chances of that happening are near 0 (at least that's how it feels from what SBS said)

3/28/2017 2:47:01 PM #9

Posted By Aionion at 17:01 - 28 марта 2017 г.

I do not want to put anyone down or diminish the value of anyone's question/comment by this post. Just want to say that I don't really understand why people talk about the super natural so much, especially considering how rare it's going to be. It's cool to know that it's going to be in the game, but it sounds like people are making plans to be "one of those supernatural beings"... when the chances of that happening are near 0 (at least that's how it feels from what SBS said)

I asked this question in order to understand what is the price of the transformation? is there a chance of infection and is it high? I do not want to become a vampire, I want to hunt them, kill them if this way i can earn Story points ....

3/28/2017 2:53:16 PM #10

It IS possible to get a new spark of life using in game story points, however it will take a LOT of them, so you will have to actively play throughout your lifetime and earn them.

the reasoning behind this is if a player is very actively involved in the game they are contributing to the experience of other players who are playing and benefiting the game as a whole, so they are able to earn another spark of life.

But Caspian has said that a casual player who only plays a few hours each week will most likely not be able to earn enough story points by the time they die to afford a free spark of life, granted everything is subject to change and balance changes.

3/28/2017 7:12:52 PM #11

Posted By Magickazaz at 10:47 AM - Tue Mar 28 2017

I asked this question in order to understand what is the price of the transformation? is there a chance of infection and is it high? I do not want to become a vampire, I want to hunt them, kill them if this way i can earn Story points ....

The short answer is: We don't know.

The long answer is: Soulbound Studios has not given us any information about this. In the same way that they have not given us much information about magic, or magical artifacts, or even which religion is right when it comes to their creation stories.

SBS wants us going into the game with a LOT of unknowns. When you hear about a spellcaster for the first time, you are not going to know what they are capable of. Just like your character would have no idea what they were up against.

As far as the in-game lore goes...vampires? Liches? Magic? It's just a myth. Doesn't actually exist.

Think about it like this. If one day you work up to discover that vampires were real, what would you know about them? Well, you'd know the stories...but the stories conflict. Some say vampires can't cross running water and are repelled by holy symbols, others say they are indifferent to these things. Some say that garlic repels vampires, others say that garlic is merely poisonous if it gets into a vampire's system. Some say vampires can only be killed with a stake through the heart...others say that merely incapacitates them...others say it does nothing at all, others say that only works if you do it while they are in their casket, and then decapitate them before the sun sets. Some say that sunlight instantly obliterates a vampire, others say it makes them very uncomfortable, others say it makes them sparkle. Some stories say a vampire that bites you turns you into a ghoul, some say it turns you into a vampire if the vampire doesn't kill you entirely, some say this only happens if the vampire feeds on you a certain number of times, some say it only happens if a vampire does kill you by draining you entirely, some say a vampire has to give you some of its blood to turn you into a vampire, some say it takes a complex ritual. Which stories are right?

That's how it's going to be in CoE. We'll have legends and stories. But we aren't going to know what is true and what is not. The first player vampire (if this even ever happens) will not know what a vampire is capable of and weak against until they figure it out for themselves. The first vampire hunters are going to have to figure out how to kill a vampire. And you aren't going to know how contagious vampirism is until you see it in action.

This lack of information is intentional.

SbS doesn't want us going into the game knowing how everything works. The first time you see a corpse get up and start shambling towards you, you should have no idea how to (re)kill it. Can you fight it like you'd fight a normal enemy? Do you smash the head? Set it on fire? Cut the limbs off and bury it? Immerse it in running water to short out the magic animating it? Abjure it with a holy symbol? You don't know! And that's way more engaging than seeing an undead for the first time and going "Oh, skeleton. Weaker in sunlight, killed by smashing the spine, blunt weapons work best."

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

3/28/2017 8:15:41 PM #12

Posted By Guildsbounty at 23:12 - Вт 28 марта 2017 г.

Posted By Magickazaz at 10:47 AM - Tue Mar 28 2017

The short answer is: We don't know.

The long answer is: Soulbound Studios has not given us any information about this. In the same way that they have not given us much information about magic, or magical artifacts, or even which religion is right when it comes to their creation stories.

SBS wants us going into the game with a LOT of unknowns. When you hear about a spellcaster for the first time, you are not going to know what they are capable of. Just like your character would have no idea what they were up against.

As far as the in-game lore goes...vampires? Liches? Magic? It's just a myth. Doesn't actually exist.

Think about it like this. If one day you work up to discover that vampires were real, what would you know about them? Well, you'd know the stories...but the stories conflict. Some say vampires can't cross running water and are repelled by holy symbols, others say they are indifferent to these things. Some say that garlic repels vampires, others say that garlic is merely poisonous if it gets into a vampire's system. Some say vampires can only be killed with a stake through the heart...others say that merely incapacitates them...others say it does nothing at all, others say that only works if you do it while they are in their casket, and then decapitate them before the sun sets. Some say that sunlight instantly obliterates a vampire, others say it makes them very uncomfortable, others say it makes them sparkle. Some stories say a vampire that bites you turns you into a ghoul, some say it turns you into a vampire if the vampire doesn't kill you entirely, some say this only happens if the vampire feeds on you a certain number of times, some say it only happens if a vampire does kill you by draining you entirely, some say a vampire has to give you some of its blood to turn you into a vampire, some say it takes a complex ritual. Which stories are right?

That's how it's going to be in CoE. We'll have legends and stories. But we aren't going to know what is true and what is not. The first player vampire (if this even ever happens) will not know what a vampire is capable of and weak against until they figure it out for themselves. The first vampire hunters are going to have to figure out how to kill a vampire. And you aren't going to know how contagious vampirism is until you see it in action.

This lack of information is intentional.

SbS doesn't want us going into the game knowing how everything works. The first time you see a corpse get up and start shambling towards you, you should have no idea how to (re)kill it. Can you fight it like you'd fight a normal enemy? Do you smash the head? Set it on fire? Cut the limbs off and bury it? Immerse it in running water to short out the magic animating it? Abjure it with a holy symbol? You don't know! And that's way more engaging than seeing an undead for the first time and going "Oh, skeleton. Weaker in sunlight, killed by smashing the spine, blunt weapons work best."

I agree with you, players need an incentive to explore the world.

3/29/2017 2:42:22 AM #13

And to carry a really big sword that will be readily available for purchase from your local Fennec Academy weapon crafters 🤑

3/29/2017 4:15:35 AM #14

Posted By Magickazaz at 09:47 AM - Tue Mar 28 2017

But this is the exact same as all the people wanting to be those things, you just want to hunt them as a career. It's not a career because no one has reported any siting of vampires in a long time, that isn't a career because there are no vampires.

If one suddenly pops up a year into COE and you happen to hear about it, now you can go off and try to earn your SP killing it. I would try to focus your planning more on less exotic and specific jobs like that and maybe more of a general adventurer, keeping in mind all the survival risks that will entail.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

3/29/2017 4:24:13 PM #15

Posted By Antelino at 08:15 - ср мар 29 2017

Posted By Magickazaz at 09:47 AM - Tue Mar 28 2017

But this is the exact same as all the people wanting to be those things, you just want to hunt them as a career. It's not a career because no one has reported any siting of vampires in a long time, that isn't a career because there are no vampires.

If one suddenly pops up a year into COE and you happen to hear about it, now you can go off and try to earn your SP killing it. I would try to focus your planning more on less exotic and specific jobs like that and maybe more of a general adventurer, keeping in mind all the survival risks that will entail.

How many days can a character not eat (or drink)? What should I do when enter the game so as not to die of hunger and thirst?