COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Different weapon types

In many mmo's like eso and the like you're restricted to basically 4 types of weapons. Sword and shield, daggers, greats words and magical staffs. My question is how many more weapon types can this game provide? I already saw the Rapier which in itself is a unique weapon for a mmo. However will we see such weapons as spears, crossbows, and the like And can we duel weild? Because with each weapon comes different ways of using them.

3/28/2017 2:09:54 PM #1

Axes, Daggers, Maces, Hammers, Sword, Shields, and Pole arms As well Different kinds of one handed and two handed variants where applicable. (not gonna be a two handed dagger, but you could have a buckler vs a tower shield vs ect, or short sword vs a long sword vs a great sword)

Bows are confirmed,

General consensus on crossbows is if they aren't in the game at launch, they will be once someone researches them.

EDIT the above assumption\consensus comes from the fact that siege Ballista are confirmed. Which are simply super sized crossbows

3/28/2017 2:38:01 PM #2

I would actually prefer that crossbows are researched, it fits the theme of the game and gives people something else to work towards research wise.

We're definitely going to have a good variety of weapons, I think the major factor would be whether the combat mechanics are fun so that we actually want to use different weapons as opposed to just picking whatever is considered the strongest.