COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
The Idea of Player Killing Guilds.

In shows like sword art online there are often factions in the world or in game that's only purpose is to murder players/people. In COE it's known that you can kill other players and that you can get away with it if you're disguised. however let's say you enter a forest or a cave and you're suddenly surrounded by a group of hooded players who's only goal is to kill you. Their not their to rob you or anything like that. Their only purpose is to cause as much death as possible. Could a group like that work in COE?

3/28/2017 1:07:10 AM #1

Yes. This will probably be rather common, at least to start off with. How common it is as the game gets further into launch depends on the policing tools available to the more lawfully minded community.

3/28/2017 1:12:51 AM #2

Policing tools? You mean like patrols?

3/28/2017 1:20:00 AM #3

Those types of guilds have the potential of running off the player base. I would think guilds who decide to go this route will sooner or later be targeted by the kingdoms It will get difficult to move around as well as procuring the things that they need to progress. So, I think the player base as a whole will keep those groups in check.

3/28/2017 1:20:30 AM #4

And forensics tools to determine who the killers are. Then track them down and apply the penalties to their game time and stats available to them through the justice system.

3/28/2017 1:28:58 AM #5

I think an assassins guild properly setup that utilizes another group on the front that accepts the jobs and issues them, as well as helping to keep the assassins equipped and fed would be the only way it would work. The assassins would have to have established safe houses with these people so that as they do their jobs they have a way to escape and find safety. They'd also have to be willing to make use of subterfuge above all else. Choosing to live in the shadows and not go out very often. They'd also have to not crap in the same place that they eat. So, they'd need to be willing to travel for their profession because killing in the kingdom to which they belong would be most problematic.

Mindless killing won't be accepted by the community. But, if the killers did so because of contracts and it served a purpose. Revenge, killing someone who holds a position of authority, etc. would be better accepted than just ganking people.

3/28/2017 1:30:47 AM #6

I just find it hard that a group of player killers would have the same problems as a lone killer and yea I expect groups like this to die off as the game ages but that's nothing too different then how their portrayed in other medias. My main example is sword art onlines laughing coffin. They were a group of player killers who killed hundreds of players and it took a massive team to hunt them all down And either bring them to prison or if they refuse to give up...kill them. That's my idea for how player killing guilds should be dealt with none of this detective stuff.

3/28/2017 1:48:05 AM #7

we are out there, and we will cost you 30 dollas!

3/28/2017 1:54:50 AM #8

Posted By Hellglaser at 6:48 PM - Mon Mar 27 2017

Huh?

3/28/2017 1:56:58 AM #9

Posted By Anewstart at 8:54 PM - Mon Mar 27 2017

Posted By Hellglaser at 6:48 PM - Mon Mar 27 2017

Huh?

A reference that dying reduces life span and eventually force you to buy a new spark.

3/28/2017 1:58:11 AM #10

I think he is referring to buying new sparks of life after they happen to kill you into a perma death.

3/28/2017 1:59:40 AM #11

Ah right. But don't you also have the option of using story points to buy sparks of life?

3/28/2017 2:50:55 AM #12

Yes but it would take an average player years to earn enough points to exchange.

3/28/2017 3:32:42 AM #13

Don't forget that committing a coup de grace causes soul point loss for the aggressor. That will work no matter how well disguised you are.

Edit: For clarity, this soul loss is only applied if you are caught and punished for the crime. Sorry for any confusion.

3/28/2017 4:35:36 AM #14

A few "Laughing Coffin" groups have already shown up here. One of them finally had the sense to change their name to something else.

3/28/2017 5:50:45 AM #15

Have no fear OP. Scrubby wannabe pk groups with no experience, no plan and all angst will die out fast in this game.

Then the only things left will be the kingdoms and the wolves.