COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
is it worth playing ?

Hi all. I just came across this game and wonder is it worth to play it ? I mean on what lvl are works on this product ? If i buy 40$ pladge can i play all the time (from now) or just some tests if at all ? I started lately like 5 different games hoping to be worth playing but after quick play i see it will take years to play them, now i can just do round and round same things, its boring so i dont want to repeat this mistakes. If the world and possibilities are already big, is there planned any whipes or some other "starts from nothing" ?

Thanks for honest answers and forgive me my english, ith not my mothertalk ;)

3/28/2017 2:34:45 PM #1

This game is pre-alpha, and you'll either have to back at a fairly high tier to have access to Alpha 1. However Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD will be launched fairly soon, which will allow you to take part in a pre-gameplay events along with the kingdom/noble house you choose to align with.

But if you're wanting a game to buy and jump straight in to, then you'll be in for a bit of a wait.

3/28/2017 2:37:02 PM #2

Currently the game is Pre-Alpha, there is nothing to play

I suggest you read here about the Experiences that will be coming at some point this year: Pre-Alpha Experiences

as to wipes. Once the game reaches exposition (3 months before official launch). there will be no more wipes.

During Alpha\Beta there will be wipes.

Since one of the major pillars of the game is that it is a persistent world for it 10 real world year time spam. Once it release. there will be no wipes.

3/28/2017 2:46:37 PM #3

Check out the design journals and streams that they have shown so far, and if those do not convince you, then I suggest just keeping the game on your watch list so you can decide later once it is closer to release. I do believe it will definitely be worth it but there is no problem with waiting to see how it turns out before deciding whether to make the plunge.

3/28/2017 2:59:31 PM #4

Posted By Barghest at 09:34 AM - Tue Mar 28 2017

This game is pre-alpha, and you'll either have to back at a fairly high tier to have access to Alpha 1. However Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD will be launched fairly soon, which will allow you to take part in a pre-gameplay events along with the kingdom/noble house you choose to align with.

But if you're wanting a game to buy and jump straight in to, then you'll be in for a bit of a wait.

Keep in mind that Kingdoms of Elyria has been stated to be for aristocrats, nobles, and royals only. Considering it's pure management.

3/28/2017 3:18:03 PM #5

Ok thanks for answers. So i hae to wait hehe lets hope not "years" long ;)

Have fun.

3/28/2017 7:22:20 PM #6

this game is sooooo worth getting when it comes out in decmeber 2017 because you can grow old and die a come back to life over and over again and the game will be run by people who play so if you give $10,000 to the game in real life you get to become a king a basicly a dev of the game and everyone help each other of just like in real life

G.l

3/28/2017 9:22:42 PM #7

Been looking for a new MMO for months and happen upon CoE and been hooked ever sense.

3/28/2017 9:30:24 PM #8

Posted By Radomir at

Hi all. I just came across this game and wonder is it worth to play it ? I mean on what lvl are works on this product ? If i buy 40$ pladge can i play all the time (from now) or just some tests if at all ? I started lately like 5 different games hoping to be worth playing but after quick play i see it will take years to play them, now i can just do round and round same things, its boring so i dont want to repeat this mistakes. If the world and possibilities are already big, is there planned any whipes or some other "starts from nothing" ?

Just wondering what is your native language or "mothertalk" as you put it? ;)

3/28/2017 10:49:19 PM #9

Read the dev journals.

3/29/2017 2:05:26 AM #10

At the moment, it's a leap of faith. I have backed at a rather high tier, putting a lot of money on an unproven product. If Elyria burns me on this, it will be the last time I participate in a crowd funded game.

3/30/2017 6:40:26 AM #11

Posted By Drakedge at 03:05 AM - Wed Mar 29 2017

At the moment, it's a leap of faith. I have backed at a rather high tier, putting a lot of money on an unproven product. If Elyria burns me on this, it will be the last time I participate in a crowd funded game.

Same here:))

209920 WALLACHIA

3/30/2017 11:47:34 AM #12

Posted By Scheneighnay at 01:59 AM - Wed Mar 29 2017

Keep in mind that Kingdoms of Elyria has been stated to be for aristocrats, nobles, and royals only. Considering it's pure management.

Unless I am mistaken. Everyone can go into KoE. Maybe not right away, but pretty sure Caspian said non-title holders can enter it.

3/31/2017 4:01:46 AM #13

Posted By Radomir at

Well, I believe you have left out the most important info on your questions: What do you deem worth to play!?

CoE is not built for everyone, but a player base with certain wants. I can tell you who might like CoE, but I can't tell you if you will like it, without you giving more info on your wants.

1 First off, CoE's has a very slow pace, maybe as slow as Eve online.

It will take you months to find a rare monster. The artifacts you found may not be useful until you find the trigger. But you need (at least) a year or two to even understand what the trigger is. Progress comes from fulfilling your destiny(which you do not fully know), reaching goals set by yourself and immersing yourself in the experience of the world! Not level progression, not items progression!!

This means if you are looking for quick progression, short session of satisfaction ,this game is not for you.

2 CoE has a lack of premade contents.

Most contents are players generated instead of static objects waiting for players to interact with. They won't be fed to you or throw into your face, but players have to participate and find those contents themselves. This means it takes both time, and your attention to get enjoyment out of the game.

This means this game is not for those who look for instantaneous gratification, hoping for frequent excitement and get bored easily. If you are surfing Youtube for different topics videos all the time, and fall prey to click baits easily, this game is probably not for you. If you like to play alone and interact with others only once a while, this game is not for you.

3 CoE is a game inherently unfair.

This grants more opportunities for players generated contents and more dramatic stories. If you cannot accept inequalities, the game is not for you.

4 CoE is a persistent world with consequences of your every single action.

The world will change by your decisions, minor or big, and it will never return to the same situation. However, this means you must live with your decisions all the time. If you wish to simply relax after your harsh work and do not suffer any consequences for your in game decisions, this game is not for you. If you are trying to avoid pressure all the time. This game is not for you.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

3/31/2017 4:22:49 AM #14

Posted By Gunnlang at 07:47 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Posted By Scheneighnay at 01:59 AM - Wed Mar 29 2017

Unless I am mistaken. Everyone can go into KoE. Maybe not right away, but pretty sure Caspian said non-title holders can enter it.

Yup, I second that. It was mentioned in the Pre-Alpha Experiences Q&A that everyone could join KoE and be relevant there, including those without a title.

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

3/31/2017 10:04:03 AM #15

I hope we play this year COE :)

209920 WALLACHIA