COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Alternative usage of Talents

Hello everybody, what do you think about alternative usage of Talents, but not small things. Something like when you have the talent to sew, but not use it just for making clothes but to fight. Or maybe that you are a sculptore and use your sculptore Talent as armor piercing technic for swords. What do you think about something like this? Will something like this be included in the game too? Or is it not possible to bring it into the game?

(Pls don't hate me for Grammar, it is not perfect. Thx)

Not my Title but my Actions tell who I am...

3/29/2017 4:41:45 PM #1

Talents are not skills. The things you mention are skills armorsmith sewing Ext are skills anyone can have.

A talent is an extremely powerful thing that very few will ever see such as being fire proof, breathing under water and such.

As for crafting skills being used for combat interesting idea but combat has its own set of styles and skills so would to me be redundant.

3/29/2017 4:43:08 PM #2

An interesting idea, a talent is just that, an ability and it will be up to the individual to find a application or use. Say for example I would hold my breath for a really long time, so I could put it to use doing underwater salvaging or diving or I could use smoke/poison bombs and walk right through them. The latter could be used in a combat situation or as a thief, it will be up to the player to decide how they will use the talent if they get one.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/29/2017 5:35:59 PM #3

I can't help wondering if defining such open ended and flexible talents would increase programming effort. In effect having to cater for multiple talents worth of code for just one talent.

3/29/2017 5:51:59 PM #4

Posted By Oracle at 10:35 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

I can't help wondering if defining such open ended and flexible talents would increase programming effort. In effect having to cater for multiple talents worth of code for just one talent.

Oh, yeah, totally but considering the fact that these talents would be really rare, I feel that it'll balance out. :)

3/29/2017 6:39:16 PM #5

Posted By Malais at 6:41 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

Talents are not skills. The things you mention are skills armorsmith sewing Ext are skills anyone can have.

A talent is an extremely powerful thing that very few will ever see such as being fire proof, breathing under water and such.

As for crafting skills being used for combat interesting idea but combat has its own set of styles and skills so would to me be redundant.

Oh. I'm new so I didn't know. Thank you :D

3/29/2017 7:31:30 PM #6

If they program something like this 'hidden skills' they could make it so, that you have to have the Talent in order to get a long/big side quest. But this side quest should be really rare, hard to get and only possible to do in a group of 1. That would be really to get this 'hidden class' but it would be strong (but not too overpowered).

Someone other ideas/thoughts about this?