COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Character creation question

I was reading about how wards will have more character customization options than those who take over a family character. What if you start the game as a mayor or some other rank? Does a king only have a few options or can they customize as if they were a ward?
Further along that thought line, I still don't fully understand the creation. I see that you get a few options to choose from if going family, but can you change your mind and go ward for more customization.
What do you think would be more beneficial for a min/maxer for a first character: ward or family?

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/29/2017 10:50:18 PM #1

Definitely something I want to know.

Same with your character's statue at certain backer tiers. Will this be some random character I chose, or one I made?

3/29/2017 10:58:23 PM #2

Well, on higher tiers you would certainly shape your dynasty which does indirectly give you some control over your future character.

3/29/2017 11:35:41 PM #3

In terms of customization options a ward has more freedom when customizing their facial features, hair color, etc. because they do not have to conform to a current family background. This is to prevent people for having a dark skinned dark haired child when the parents are clearly light skinned and have blonde hair.

In terms of skills and abilities, I don't believe your family too greatly influences your choices however you will have certain innate skills that you will be more proficient in depending on the background of your family

For min/maxing I don't believe it will matter very much which route you choose however by going ward you lose a number of the benefits towards min/maxing you would get as a family member

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

3/29/2017 11:46:09 PM #4

Speaking of min/maxing: the idea of a small percentage of players getting an extra advantage in the form of talents causes me great distress.

Maybe this all goes back to my Asherons Call days: when you would play a character for months only to realize you made a mistake at creation and needed to reroll.

3/29/2017 11:59:58 PM #5

As min/maxer:

• back the game at a higher tier

• create 2 characters, a character with land/title/resources and another that is a ward

• customize the ward with all the options you want

• marry your ward to your other character that has land/title/resources

• play a ward (completely customized) and now with an access to the title and all the resources

TLDR: read bold text

A NOTE 1: if you can't marry 2 characters on the same account due to one being online and one offline, make 2 accounts, one higher tier with titled character and one base tier with ward character, have both characters online by running 2 clients at the same time (for example on your desktop PC and your laptop next to it) and marry them like that.

A NOTE 2: will playing 2 accounts from the same IP be against the rules?

3/30/2017 1:11:09 AM #6

I hope not! I always like to play alt accounts and have a BAJILLION characters so I can dual box RP... And I may have three people in my household playing the game.

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

3/30/2017 1:12:25 AM #7

they have stated that each account will have three 'soul slots'

you can play all three simultaneously - on the same or different servers

3/30/2017 1:17:16 AM #8

Posted By Dleatherus at 9:12 PM - Wed Mar 29 2017

they have stated that each account will have three 'soul slots'

you can play all three simultaneously - on the same or different servers

So each character can have it's own land and what not? I can have 2 or 3 computers running the game from 1 account?

3/30/2017 4:26:46 AM #9

No. Most likely you will only be able to log onto one Character and play them at a time. Otherwise it will be a nightmare trying to ensure that everyone plays on their own account instead of just sharing that one account amongst multiple friends.

Posted By Kitlandria at 11:11 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

I hope not! I always like to play alt accounts and have a BAJILLION characters so I can dual box RP... And I may have three people in my household playing the game.

Exactly. Many people here are planning on playing the game with spouses, family members and housemates. It would be a nightmare if they restricted access to one account per IP address.

Imgur Imgur