COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Manor & Villa house's from pledge packages

Can you place these in someone else settlement or does it have to be your own settlement? and once placed can you move it?

3/29/2017 11:02:40 PM #1

These would be placed in your town, city, capital and would be permanent as they are your place of residence.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

3/29/2017 11:13:21 PM #2

In general as well, it's been stated that you can't move buildings once you place them.

3/30/2017 2:45:19 PM #3

well, if you purchase a plot of land in another town you should be able to build it there, providing you did not already place it in your town. The things you pledge for do not automatically spawn into the world as soon as you start, you pick and place them I believe.

3/30/2017 2:56:20 PM #4

Those houses are tied to the tiers. I suspect that means they must be in your barony/county seat etc and that you lose them if you lose the title. Someone else may be able to confirm if thats the current position.

I am curious if buildings will often be of a single material, or you'll sometimes find stone built ground floors with wooden tudor style upstairs. I only ask as it can create quite a pretty effect. I like eye candy :) Even in older games like Wurm I tend to steer clear of single materials or having all buildings the same. I almost never have "box" shaped buildings either.

If you're after a secondary place to manage, here's my recommendation:

Buy an EP plot. Stick a couple of small houses and shops on there, but buy it for an alt. Rent the spare buildings out. That way your main doesn't have to shift around. If you lose your title and what goes with it, your alt happily continues with your pet project.

That way you have the option for an instant change of pace or scenery if you ever get bored. You'll be doing the building and designing yourself if you like so the whole plot can be your choice of style.

3/30/2017 5:06:21 PM #5

I tried using the google search function, but anything including "house" mostly brought up recruitment threads.

Has there been an estimate on how much time/resources would be needed to create a structure equivalent to the manor and villa tied to tiers? I know everything can be lost/gained, just trying to figure out if it's worth it for my wife and I to get more than 1 high tier pledge.

3/30/2017 5:23:51 PM #6

SBS hasn't given any time tables as to how long it takes as it really depends on what materials are available in your biome, if you choose to import materials, the level of the architect, the labor force, etc. We do know that building isn't instantaneous and that it will take some time to build things, but beyond that no one really knows.

3/30/2017 5:25:54 PM #7

Am I crazy, or has housing recently been removed from some of the lower-level pledge packages?

I guess it's my fault for dithering over how much to pledge, but I swear that a couple of the packages in the shop used to include a private residence, but no longer do.

Is that correct, or am I mis-remembering what was in those packages before?

3/30/2017 5:31:02 PM #8

Posted By Hexprone at 1:25 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Am I crazy, or has housing recently been removed from some of the lower-level pledge packages?

I guess it's my fault for dithering over how much to pledge, but I swear that a couple of the packages in the shop used to include a private residence, but no longer do.

Is that correct, or am I mis-remembering what was in those packages before?

To my knowledge....none of the packages from the Kickstarter came with houses....but houses were retroactively added to them when the migration happened.

Beyond that, as far as I know, the packages haven't changed since the new store went live.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

3/30/2017 6:53:29 PM #9

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the Villa to Manor, without even placing the villa ? (like buy the EP and upgrade it )

3/30/2017 7:00:07 PM #10

Houses that are given with the pledge packages are not owned by you, they are considered "government" buildings for lack of a better term. Meaning if you are a Mayor and you have a Villa from your package it's considered the Mayors house and should you ever lose the title of Mayor that house would be given to the new Mayor and you'd lose it. Same goes for Count and Duke with the Manor houses. The fact these are government buildings means if you're mayor of a settlement I see it being a requirement that it's placed in that settlement.

3/30/2017 7:42:35 PM #11

Posted By Timrum at 11:53 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the Villa to Manor, without even placing the villa ? (like buy the EP and upgrade it )

No you'd have to build the new house. You can upgrade from wood structures to stone if you have the resources and an architect with sufficient skills.

3/30/2017 7:49:27 PM #12

Posted By SoulSpark at 9:00 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Houses that are given with the pledge packages are not owned by you, they are considered "government" buildings for lack of a better term. Meaning if you are a Mayor and you have a Villa from your package it's considered the Mayors house and should you ever lose the title of Mayor that house would be given to the new Mayor and you'd lose it.

Uhm... if that is the case this s.... think ill dont upgrad to the next pack and just buy extra EP and get a house with EP -

3/30/2017 8:31:17 PM #13

Posted By SoulSpark at 2:00 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Houses that are given with the pledge packages are not owned by you, they are considered "government" buildings for lack of a better term. Meaning if you are a Mayor and you have a Villa from your package it's considered the Mayors house and should you ever lose the title of Mayor that house would be given to the new Mayor and you'd lose it. Same goes for Count and Duke with the Manor houses. The fact these are government buildings means if you're mayor of a settlement I see it being a requirement that it's placed in that settlement.

All I've seen says the opposite. A settlement has to have certain municipal buildings in order to advance to the next tier. One of those is a town hall which is where the town management table sits. It's these buildings that are lost not someone's personal house.

In theory you could still have land within the town you just lost with a stronghold sitting on it.

3/30/2017 9:00:16 PM #14

Posted By Malais at 9:31 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Posted By SoulSpark at 2:00 PM - Thu Mar 30 2017

All I've seen says the opposite. A settlement has to have certain municipal buildings in order to advance to the next tier. One of those is a town hall which is where the town management table sits. It's these buildings that are lost not someone's personal house.

In theory you could still have land within the town you just lost with a stronghold sitting on it.

Those houses that you get from pledged packages are not your personal house, they come with the title that you are acquiring, they are in essence the exact same as how the White House works in America. If a president is no longer president they have to leave the White House and the next president moves in. Trump moved into the White House, the White House was not owned by Obama.

3/30/2017 9:04:04 PM #15

I'm with Malais here. Everything I have seen suggests these would be a private residence and not connected to the title at all. It has been made clear that all titled players can, and should, have a private estate to retreat to.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.