Loyalty: To The Kingdom of Riftwood
Prefered Tribe: Neran
Tongue: High'evarian
Duke: Theirin Cousland of Highever
Duchess: Lady Evelyne Lorraine of Treves
Noble Family: House Cousland and House Lorraine
Motto: “Loyal to the End”
Seat of Power: Castle Cousland
Recruitment: Open and always welcoming new members!
Friend Code: 13BF7D

Meet The Duke and Duchess

(Place Holder)

The Duke's Oath

The Duchess's Oath

The Vassals of Highever

Duchess/Countess Lady Evelyne Lorraine of Treves

Count/Baron Alberic Seravos of Bretonnia

Countess Regent Lady Ann of Treves

Count Regent Lord Ken of Treves

Count/Baron Agnar Skaskjold of Afkarr

Count/Baron Indigold Highguard of Galatia

Count Regent Tenchi Masaki of Rivain

Baroness of

Baroness Avalon Nightshade of Wisteria

Baroness Feyre Hestr of Sliepnir

Baroness of

Baron of

Baron of (https://sites.google.com/view/theduchyofhighever/vassals-of-highever/) of

Baron of

Baron Cito Alcotar of

Mayor of

Mayor of

Mayor Johann Wunderlich of Leahollow

Mayor Adoran Veior of Brekkendul

The Vision of Highever

"The limits of our imagination are the limits of our world."

-Duchess Evelyne Lorraine

All segments of the community are appropriately engaged in key decisions through the hierarchy of the "High Council." Decision-makers make informed policy choices based on their best sense of the peoples interest. *Fierce Protection of the Duchy and its inhabitants. *Pursuit of education as a means to advance the people in technology and innovation. *Commerce and Trade that is equitable and fair and seeks to advance the Duchy and Kingdom. *Consistent, clear, and courteous communication will determine the quality of our lives.

The Culture of Highever

The people of Highever are loyal, steadfast, and uncompromising when it comes to family, love, life and home. We are a people who stick to our guns, and undoubtedly will follow through. We are a hardworking people of our word. A melting pot of rich diversity, we're all highly committed to a collectivism ideal, where all pursuits of the individual will come together for the collective whole. Each contributing from our own ambitious endeavors. Each for the individual working together for the collective whole. A peaceful community, but fierce for ours. We seek to utilize the talents of all because those talents are begot of a deep fulfillment of a personal outreach of the soul.

It is no myth that Highever's military forces are called upon by many in time of need. A clever, skilled, sometimes unpredictable liege who is powerful, vengeful, yet ruthless when threat is near heart and home. Risk takers, adventurers, loyal to family, friend and never foe. They will unwaveringly protect all that is theirs when provoked to wrath.

Daily life in Highever is grounded in the education of self, or hard work in trade and commerce. High'evarians are an achieving people. Ambitious, driven and imaginative.
Dedicated to their craft.- respected as state of the art. With passion driven souls they will greet you with a cheerful disposition, As we are open minded, friendly, generous and charitable in nature. You are sure to gain a laugh and leave with a smile when encountering most citizens from Highever. Each Count, Countess, Baron, Baroness, and Mayor all with Values that drive their realms.

Values of Highever

Duke Cousland: Loyalty

Duchess Lorraine: Wisdom

: Strength

Countess Regent Lady Ann: (Value)

Count Skaskjold: Fearlessness

Count Highguard: Integrity

Count Regent Lord Ken: (Value)

Count Regent: Masaki: (Value)

Baroness Hestr: Courage

: Knowledge

Baroness Nightshade: Beauty

: Organization

: (Justice)

Baron Alcotar: (Value)

: Determination

: Determination

Mayor Wunderlich: (Value)

Mayor Veior: (Value)

Hierarchy of Highever

The High Council

*The duchy shall establish a high council that will collaborate and oversee the basic welfare of the people dwelling therein. The Council will be comprised of the Duke and Duchess as well as the ten duke and duchess-elected representatives serving the welfare of the people. The High Counselors shall advise the duke and duchess as to matters and needs of Highever. Engage and rally the counties for the betterment of Highever.

During times of war, the Duchy shall commune in a meeting of the "Protective Order" the Protective Order will be comprised of the the Duke, the Knight Commander, High Protector, and Prominent lead Knights of Highever, and prominent people involved in the matter. The duchy shall also commune in a meeting of the "Supportive Order." This order will be comprised of the Duchess and all other High Councilors that could be affected and called upon by a war situation.

If you are interested in any of the following positions on our council, please feel free to contact the Duke or Duchess and let us know. It is important to us that we have a wide variety of representation from varying counties within the duchy.*

Duties of The High Council

High Protector -

The High Protector is the Duke and Duchess' most trusted official. This councilor will take full responsibility for the Duchy in their absence ruling only for the duration.

High Justice -

The High Justice's role lies in conflict resolution. They oversee judges, and interpret and assist in advisement to the establishment of common laws of the Duchy.

High Scholar -

The High Scholar oversee's the education, history, maps, research, and reviews/writes contracts.

High Ambassador -

The High Ambassador position will be to serve in mostly Duchy-Duchy relationships. That is in the receiving of high diplomats providing appropriate accommodations. The High Ambassador will also be representation for the Duchy of Highever in Diplomatic Relations far and wide. This could include the negotiation of contracts under the advisement of the High Council or Duke and Duchess.

High Trader -

The High Trader will serve the High Council in matters of economic negotiations, guilds, fiscal relationships, contracts.

High Agriculturalist -

The High Agriculturalist will serve the High Council in matters of the generation and production of food, domestic animals, public health.

High Naturalist -

The High Naturalist will serve the High Council in matters of the preservation of renewable & non-renewable resources, wild animals, public health.

High Architect -

The High Architect will serve the High Council in matters of Duchy infrastructure, public & private buildings, roads, sanitation. The High Architect will work towards the functionality and general aesthetics of the Duchy.

High Commander -

The High Commander will serve the High Council in matters of overseer of Duchy army infrastructure, Duchy Defense, Duchy Warfare, Treaties.

High Treasurer -

The High Treasurer will serve the High Council in matters of the overall finances of the duchy. The imposition of taxes, Duchy Relief Programs, Kingdom Aide/Support Funds, and contracts.

The Protectors of Highever

The Liege Guard

The Liege Guard is a group of Seven Knights who have proven themselves to be the bravest and fearless of warriors within Highever. Upholding the highest standard of integrity. They are known not only for their skills on the battlefield, but for their virtue and absolute loyalty to the Duchy. They are a brotherhood forged in blood and steel that places every need of their Liege Lord and Lady above anything else. The Liege Guard has sworn the most sacred and holy oaths. They are the purest of all Knights cloaked always in emerald-green with a valuable emerald embedded and sealed into their chest plate symbolic of eternal life and their steadfast bond. They bare an armor of Gold rumored by the ancients to have the power to contain the evil the Guard is forced to rid from the world. They are held as living examples of unconditional sacrifice in upholding and enforcing the Highever Knights Code of Conduct among all Knights!

The Oath of the Liege Guard

“I, ________, swear my allegiance before Gods and menn to my Liege Lord and Lady of The Duchy of Highever. I pledge to always be vigilant keeping watch by day and by night, near and far. I will abide faithfully and conscientiously to the Knights Code of Conduct adhering to the strictest of discipline and obedience in carrying out the duties entrusted to me to protect from threat and harm the liberty and life of my Lord and Lady. I shall defend and honor all whom I serve, bringing no dishonor nor shame upon myself, the brotherhood and above all the Houses Cousland and Lorraine. My word is my bond and I forge myself to the blood-brotherhood of The Liege Guard, now and for eternity!”

The Knights of Highever

The Knights of Highever are the loyal and standing Army of Houses Cousland and Lorraine first and foremost. They are charged with the guardianship of the citizens residing within the confines of The Duchy of Highever. In times of war when called upon The Knights of Highever shall do their duty and stay loyal and true to the Oaths they have sworn upon to their Liege Lord, Lady and to their King! As we are “Loyal to the End”

Order of loyalty is as follows:

To the Duke and Duchess of Houses Cousland and Lorraine.

Then to the citizens and lands of Highever.

Finally to the Kingdom in times of war and need. (against another Kingdom)

History of The Knighthood

The Knights of Highever arose during the time of “The Great Cataclysm.” More than four centuries ago Elyria was seething with corruption. Abuses of power rose within the kingdoms, hatred, greed, disloyalty. With great sorrow, the deities looked upon the people of Elyria as having been irresponsible, ungrateful for the provisions from the heavens and at that moment deemed them wicked and futile. As mann and kingdom began to fall, Highever battled to remain steadfast to the principals near and dear to the hearts of its citizens. As the Gods approached to destroy what was left of the last remaining duchy, Menn began to unite for what was right! Now challenging the Gods to search their hearts, if any mann stands before the deities corrupt, may the entire duchy be put asunder. The Gods laughed at the thought and said “ Let it be so!” Then began searching deep into the souls recognizing that indeed High'evarians had principles that were honorable. Those menn that remained would forever be called the knighthood! This reshaping the world of Elyria as we know it today. They have always been and will always be an enduring force of righteousness in, and for the duchy!

Oath of The Old Code

The Knights of Highever are bound to a strict code of honor known as The Old Code. They are dedicated to the service and protection of the innocence and goodness. They serve Highever and all the Gods of benevolence. Yet before either of those, they serve honor. They follow the Oath of the Old Code: “I________, choose the as my own the ways of The Old Code. A Knight is Sworn to Valor, his Heart knows only Virtue, his blade Defends the Helpless, his Might upholds the Weak, his Word speaks only Truth, his Wrath undoes the Wicked!

Orders of The Knights of Highever

The Order of The Shield

Is the first of the three Orders of Knights within the Knights of Highever. They're the foot soldiers of the Knighthood and where all of the Knights begin their service to Highever. This rank makes up the bulk of the Knighthood. It is here that they learn the Knightly Virtues focusing on Obedience and Humility. The highest ranking Knight of said Order,

The High Defender

Represents The Order of The Shield on The Elder Knights Council with the Elder Knights of the other two Orders.

The Order of The Sword

Is the second of the three Orders of Knights within The Knights of Highever. This Order of Knights is composed of light cavalry. While Knights usually begin their service within the Order of The Shield it is possible to begin their service here. For this to happen, the Knight would need to demonstrate not only great skill on the battlefield but a mastery of the Knightly Virtues and skills taught by the lower order. It is here that a Knight is taught the Virtues of Courage and Honor! This is also where a Knight truly begins their service to the Gods of Good. The highest ranking knight of said Order,

The High Blade

Represents The Order of The Sword on the Elder Knights Council with The Elder Knights of the other two Orders.

The Order of the Rose

Is the third of the three Orders of Knights within The Knights of Highever. Knights of this Order have had to prove themselves both in times of war and in times of peace. Due to the great requisites for becoming a Knight of the Rose, they're the smallest branch of the Knighthood. The Rose is said to symbolize the unattainable and the impossible which is what these knights are said to do, the impossible. Knights of this rank serve multiple roles, as heavy cavalry and in command roles on the battlefield. Knights of The Rose teach the Virtues of Wisdom and Justice. The highest ranking knight of said Order,

The High Justicar

Represents the Knights of The Rose on the Knights Council with The Elder Knights of the other two Orders. To enter the Order of The Rose a Knight must Complete a quest for the High Justicar as well as receiving a 2/3 majority vote from existing Knights of The Elder Council.

3/30/2017 8:38:53 AM #1

Most links are up :)

3/30/2017 8:39:04 AM #2

Saved

3/30/2017 12:14:55 PM #3

Lovely new post, Theirin.

3/31/2017 6:05:56 AM #4

Thank you kindly! Bows The Duchess Lady Evelyne and I have put a lot of work into it and still have more to do and more being done at this moment!

4/4/2017 8:46:44 PM #5

Saved

5/4/2017 10:28:11 AM #6

Saved

5/7/2017 7:33:44 PM #7

Saved

5/10/2017 6:35:07 AM #8

Saved

5/17/2017 2:42:33 AM #9

Even though that mug shot... is a little bit cray.... I am totally in! heard you were a pretty cool dude. Can't wait to be part of highever. :)

5/29/2017 6:55:27 AM #10

We here in Highever are honored to be a part of the wonderful community that makes up The Kingdom of Riftwood!

9/8/2019 9:57:42 PM #11

Happy to have you in Tyria!

- Shmuck