COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Hi everyone!

Hello,

So I have been debating what pack to pick up and am looking at the Magistrate pack likely.

I think I might have big dreams; I felt a old yearning of the days of Asherons Call; where my life was mostly helping outfit members of the monarchy and organizing events and a little rp here and there.

Based on other folks knowledge is there any sort of plan in place to compensate leaders for...well leading?

3/30/2017 1:58:32 PM #1

Taxes.

As a ruler or leader, you collect taxes from the people you rule/lead. Some of those will need to be paid up to your liege, but you get to keep whatever is left over.

Also: rent.

The mayor of a town is generally the biggest landowner in town. Land parcels are much larger than the buildings we've seen so far. There's plenty of space for you to place numerous buildings on a single plot of land. If you build residences, shops, workshops, and other useful structures, you can lease them out and make some money.

Or you could make the workshops free to use (public workspaces) to encourage more players to come to your town since they get a workspace they can use for free while building up their skill until they can build their own workshop. This leads to a larger town, and thus more tax revenue.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

3/30/2017 2:00:14 PM #2

Pros:

• Tax peasants, get rich.
  • Own a lot of land (in your town)
  • Set laws, execute peasants.
  • You get to decide how to build up your town.
  • Give lands to your friends, steal from the town coffers, give tax cuts to the rich. Execute peasants that doesn't sit well with you.

Cons:

• You lose more spirit points than a peasant.
  • You don't really "progress" or "earn experience points" faster than anyone else. In fact, due to having to spend time to run your town, you will have less time training your skills.
  • You can lose your title and town. But there are many possible things you can do to minimize the risks.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/30/2017 2:17:23 PM #3

Well, gotta grease the palms of the people in charge right? Gotta stay in good favor ;)

3/30/2017 2:25:28 PM #4

Posted By Shady Clown at 10:00 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Cons: - You can lose your title and town. But there are many possible things you can do to minimize the risks.

Time to refer to :

Posted By Shady Clown at 10:00 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

Pros: - Execute peasants that doesn't sit well with you.

We should all take classes from this guy. :p

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

3/30/2017 2:33:02 PM #5

I think leading well in this case means creating an environment where people want to settle. Being a part of a community that is going to support its people. All of those things will help you get "rewarded" for being a leader. You'll have a great community to support what you want to do. You'll be able to find people willing to rally to your cause and assist you in your adventures. You can be a part of proposing things for a Duchy or County... Etc. I know that in the Duchy I am a part of, people can propose ideas that down the road could be lucrative for all involved.

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!