COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SUBTITLES IN VIDEOS

Hi

Your videos don't have activated automatically subtitles options for people with sensorial problems like don't heard sounds or people with low or nothing level in english can read your Q&A programs.

I'm trying that this proposition is take from SBS with a positive proposition for arrive to more people.

I don't understand why SBS don't say anything about this. Does SBS have no feelings?

If you want, can read more here

Best Regards

4/5/2017 5:27:13 PM #1

You might need to have some patience with this issue. SBS is a small studio and they are spread pretty thin. It can take them some time to get through their message log and reply. In the mean time, you could ask around in the community and see if anyone has a transcription of the Q&A, or ask whatever questions you have. People are pretty willing to answer questions around here.

Shieldwall Strong!

4/5/2017 6:36:30 PM #2

Thanks for your answer.

What I ask for is not that complicated either. It is a click that they have to give to activate the generation of automatic subtitulos, with that they gain a lot. 1. They reach more people since what they do not have English level in listening can at least read it 2. People with hearing or hearing impaired could read the content of what they speak 3. By having the subtitle generation, they could be generated automatically in other languages, not only in Spanish, with what they would gain in audience and possible future players.

Without it, I do not see anything negative, quite the contrary.

Regards

4/5/2017 8:37:13 PM #3

I think they are just slipping up here, because some of the videos have auto-captions enabled and others don't, so it is obviously just something that needs to be quickly changed at some point, no need to worry.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.