COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Additional verification from Xsolla

Went to make a payment via CC and it says Xsolla is requiring a 4 digit code that I can get from my online banking or an SMS code from the bank. I don't use online banking and I don't use a smart phone, as a result I can't​ finish paying for my tier. It didn't ask me for a secondary​ verification the last time made a payment.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

4/8/2017 1:11:44 AM #1

You shouldn't need a smartphone, any mobile can receive an SMS, that's just a regular text message. As long as your bank is set up with your mobile then it should come through.

4/8/2017 2:04:56 AM #2

SMS messages don't come through home phones, and since I don't own a cell my bank can't send one to me... I contacted Xsolla CS and their responses was "without the secondary verification code via SMS or an online banking account, there is nothing they can do, they can't process payment without it.

4/8/2017 2:34:53 AM #3

Google voice works for this, in most cases. I have found a few services that won't/can't text to them for some reason, but 99% of them it's fine. The whole thing can be accessed from the GV website.

Alternatively, you can buy a cheap pre-pay phone and load the minimum credit to it, and that can be used to get the text. After that you can power it down and stick it in your glove box for emergencies. Doing this you may lose any remaining credit loaded (most require you re-load every so often). However, in the US at least, even without credit on the account, it can be used to dial 911. It wouldn't be a total loss.

4/8/2017 3:14:33 AM #4

Xsolla also has a PayPal option. If you do not have a PayPal, all you do is create a free account, and then connect your Credit Card to the account. I have a debit card and a bank account, so it might be different for credit cards. But when I connect my debit card, they usually send 2 small payments to it, and then I have to verify those payments to ensure I am the owner of that account.

Might be worth looking into.

Or you could go to a grocery store and buy a prepaid Visa gift card.

4/8/2017 3:47:29 AM #5

Posted By Levi999 at 8:14 PM - Fri Apr 07 2017

Xsolla also has a PayPal option. If you do not have a PayPal, all you do is create a free account, and then connect your Credit Card to the account. I have a debit card and a bank account, so it might be different for credit cards. But when I connect my debit card, they usually send 2 small payments to it, and then I have to verify those payments to ensure I am the owner of that account.

I have a PayPal, but I was trying to use a prepaid credit card to pay it since I had one given to me, which is why it's so odd they ask for secondary verification. Anyways I was hoping to not have to use the PayPal since the CC would have been nice.... Oh Well 🤑

4/8/2017 5:42:20 AM #6

Oh haha. Sucks. It does seem odd. I paid half my county with a debit card and it never asked me. Weird.

4/8/2017 5:12:04 PM #7

Posted By Joreel at 11:47 PM - Fri Apr 07 2017

Posted By Levi999 at 8:14 PM - Fri Apr 07 2017

I have a PayPal, but I was trying to use a prepaid credit card to pay it since I had one given to me, which is why it's so odd they ask for secondary verification. Anyways I was hoping to not have to use the PayPal since the CC would have been nice.... Oh Well 🤑

I believe you can link prepaid credit card to paypal

4/15/2017 3:16:41 PM #8

I spoke to Paypal and the error appears to be in the Fraud Protection System. Apparently a high number of Xsolla payment requests are reported to be fraudulent. So they are out of hand rejecting payments above a certain amount to prevent consumers from being ripped off. Might be time for Soulbound to find a more reputable payment system, unless they are the scam paypal is saying Xsolla is.

Spenser for Hire