COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Songs in Elyria?

Maybe I am the only one but I haven't yet heard any songs that is to be in the game. Because of this I was thinking: How about we, the community, make up a few songs which can be heard while sitting around a campfire or maybe a song you sing for the children before bedtime?

If you like the idea, post the name of the song, write out the lyrics of it and maybe even describe a place or occasion that you can hear the song at.

A link to an actual performance of a song is always fun, so feel free to add that too if you want. (Of course it is completely fine to skip writing out the lyrics, if you link a performance of the song instead.)

So, what songs do you hear in Elyria and how do they go?

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

4/9/2017 10:21:24 AM #1

Hey WorldExplorer! A couple of us bards have been writing songs that we hope we'll get into the game later (depending probably on how the music system works). You can take a look at my work here. I know only one of them has lyrics, but I'm not particularly good with writing words. However, Aubriella has some songs on her youtube here, and her's look and sound so much more professional than mine :D

But enough with the promotion of my members :D Yeah, there will be plenty of songs in Elyria I think, if the bard guilds have any say over it :)

4/9/2017 1:48:45 PM #2

Nice to hear your guild are already working on writing songs =).

If I am not mistaken I think I read that the music system will work much like in LOTRO, where you actively press a key (0-9) to play notes and where you reach higher notes if you hold "shift" while pressing 0-9. (Been a while since I played it, but I think it worked similar to that atleast.)

If the members of the Musician's Guild feel like posting some music in the future feel free to post under this topic so that we can collect all musical work. That way people looking for player-made music don't have to search far and wide for them =).

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)