COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Spelling mistake in the "Bloodline Tier" pop-up

There is a spelling mistake on this page, "Purebreed" is spelt as "Purebread" lol

4/11/2017 9:17:45 PM #1

May seem small but if people are looking to spend there money and they see grammar errors it might put "Should I really spend money on this" thoughts in there heads.

4/11/2017 9:47:59 PM #2

I'm right there with you buddy -- I typically won't notice errors like that but I can see it being a turn-off for many people.

4/11/2017 9:51:14 PM #3

I mean, a pure bread horse sounds absolutely delicious though

4/11/2017 10:16:10 PM #4

I'm pretty sure it is "Purebred"

Now that'll be a nuisance for me everytime I look in the store :P

4/11/2017 10:21:48 PM #5

Posted By veryhasted at 11:16 PM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm pretty sure it is "Purebred"

Now that'll be a nuisance for me everytime I look in the store :P

I suppose it could be classed as possesive (I am not linguist) "This horse is a Purebreed" or "This horse is Purebred"

4/14/2017 3:40:14 PM #6

Purebreed isn't actually a word, it's a bit of a colloquialism.

The correct usage would be 'pure-breed' or 'purebred'. In this case the hyphenation of 'pure-breed' turns the adjective 'pure' and noun 'breed' into a compound adjective of the subject. The difference is that 'bred' is already an adjective and the past/past participle of breed. The lack of hyphenation also shows that it should be placed after the noun it is describing.

The correct usage would be "This is a pure-breed horse" or "This horse has been purebred".

Although that's just splitting hairs and probably not something anyone would notice.

4/14/2017 4:23:36 PM #7

Plus, there's no reason to capitalize the word "Horse". It is a common noun.