COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Getting Paid

I was wondering for those of us who like to play roles of minor authority such as a town Sherriff, how we are to quantify our services in dollars and cents when it comes to payment? I suppose this will be negotiated with our cities mayor/barons/counts etc and put into our contracts but I was wondering how this would be done or how people think it ought to be implemented.

It's different from a trade agreement because goods are produced or given upon completion of a task. For people such as sheriffs I suppose it could be tied to number of arrests made or lack of crime due to swift punishments etc.

"The board is set, the pieces are moving."

-The Grey Pilgrim

4/17/2017 4:44:13 PM #1

Unfortunately you're asking a question that requires some matter of knowledge of the game mechanics. A question that the devs themselves might only have a theoretical answer right now as said mechanics might not be coded yet 😓

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

4/17/2017 5:16:47 PM #2

Agree with Ruthgar that we can only theory-craft at the moment. That can be fun, though. ;)

I expect a lot of early game payments will be bartering of goods and services, rather than coinage - due to the overhead in developing a currency system across an area.

I imagine a contract for civil servant roles (such as sheriff) that says "Here are the activities (services) you are responsible for, and here's what goods/services you get in return monthly." The contract could have a time limit, after which the mayor would decide whether to renew with the sheriff (re-elect them) based on how well they did the job.

In other words, rather than saying "arrest x bandits in order to earn Y payment," it could be "do this job for a month and get this payment" with contingencies.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

4/17/2017 5:28:14 PM #3

There'll be town noticeboards and such, so no doubt contract jobs will be there if they need a new tax collector or more justices of the peace and what not. I'd probably advertise it with an IRL weekly payment, bonuses for good work, offer a pix payment but be open to negotiation.