COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Influence Question

What is the new Influence system? Before you could spend it on certain things, but now I see no option.

Somewhere else I read about EP which hardly made sense, but also somewhere else that IP now translates to $5.00 per 50 IP in store credit? Changing the system only caused even more confusion when a google search can't even yield any info regarding it. Before I could of bought a shack or some other stuff, but now nothing?

Sorry for this question so quickly after the previous one. A lot has changed and I am unable to find the posts regarding the changes.

Also on a side note: If things now require EP for purchase, why would they take away our option to use the IP we have and force us to use real money?

4/24/2017 9:57:27 PM #1

IP and EP are a confusing. Originally SBS was going to use the term IP (Influence Points), for the currency that would be spent during Exposition to buy buildings and other items to help get the game world established. IP cost $5.00 per 50 IP

Then, SBS decided to have two types of IP, one that you could spend during Exposition (bonus IP, which cost $5.00 per 50 points), and one that showed how much you had contributed to the game financially or through getting the word out or otherwise contributing to the community (total IP). This was, as you might expect, extremely confusing.

Now, SBS has decided that the currency that will be used for Exposition will be called EP (Exposition Points), and IP will refer to your total contributions to the community through the money you have spent, the people you have recruited, etc. EP costs $5.00 per 50 points. IP will determine the order in which players join the Pre-Alpha experiences and Expositon, but will not allow you to purchase Buildings or other objects during Exposition. That always cost additional money.

Shieldwall Strong!

4/24/2017 10:34:05 PM #2

EP actually gets cheaper the more you spend

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/shop/merchandise

The smallest option is 10$ for 100 EP, so 1:10 ratio,

but the largest is 100$ for 1,250, which is a 1:12.5 ratio so essentially 250 "bonus" EP

IP is influence points, which determines the order you will get to choose things (if you were a count for instance, when it comes time to pick your county, person with higher IP picks first)

IP is 10 x $spent, so if you spend 100$ you'll get 1000 IP.

there are other ways to get IP such as contributing to the community and recruiting other players. but for most people it will be a reflection of how much money they have spent.

4/24/2017 10:40:24 PM #3

IP is actually Total Influence now. It is displayed on your user profile.

Total Influence is equal to ($$ spent in the store + Store Credit earned) x 10.

Store Credit is what it sounds like - the equivalent of cash that you can use to purchase packages or merchandise via the online store. At the moment, store credit is only earned when a friend uses your referral code and purchases the game at the $40 package or higher (equivalent of them earning 400 influence).

In the future, store credit may be awarded (at SBS' discretion) for community activities, such as:

• Providing valuable information on the community forums or Wiki
  • Asking intelligent questions in Live Chat
  • Posting website, chat server, or game bugs
  • Creating new journalistic content via blogs, YouTube videos, etc...
  • Providing valuable feedback on design choices which alters the course
  • Creating valuable game content via the content tools
  • Providing impressive fan art or fan fiction

At that point, referral codes will score you store credit if your friend earns 400 influence through store purchases and/or community activities.

Exposition Points are used to purchase items for Exposition (crafting packs, buildings, mounts, etc.). They come with higher-level pledge packages and may also be purchased via the store (in the Merchandise) tab. The Exposition store is not yet available, but obviously must be prior to Exposition.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

4/24/2017 10:45:00 PM #4

And to answer why you can no longer purchase your cottage and other items, SBS took away that "store" (deemed the EP Store). As to why, I forget, but it's somewhere in the forums. I believe they just weren't ready for that at this stage in development.

4/25/2017 12:10:04 AM #5

Posted By Levi999 at 3:45 PM - Mon Apr 24 2017

And to answer why you can no longer purchase your cottage and other items, SBS took away that "store" (deemed the EP Store). As to why, I forget, but it's somewhere in the forums. I believe they just weren't ready for that at this stage in development.

Seems odd when they had it for several months and Im sure many people bought stuff. But also a lot of people didn't because i recall them saying they'd be adding other stuff you could purchase in the future.. But looks like that went to crap. Oh well. Thanks anyhow guys. Lets hope they don't make anymore changes like that.. Wouldn't be overly surprised if they changed it again making even EP not be able to purchase said stuff.

4/25/2017 12:40:08 AM #6

Posted By KuroRyu at 6:10 PM - Mon Apr 24 2017

Posted By Levi999 at 3:45 PM - Mon Apr 24 2017

Seems odd when they had it for several months and Im sure many people bought stuff. But also a lot of people didn't because i recall them saying they'd be adding other stuff you could purchase in the future.. But looks like that went to crap. Oh well. Thanks anyhow guys. Lets hope they don't make anymore changes like that.. Wouldn't be overly surprised if they changed it again making even EP not be able to purchase said stuff.

We were never able to purchase from the EP store when the time came. It was originally put up to give players an idea of what they could buy in the store in the future. However, SBS took a second look at what they were offering and decided they wanted to spend more time with it to make adjustments and polishing it. For example, I am under the understanding that prices of some things will change, in addition to new packages being put together, and made more accurate to certain Professions, Nobility tiers and maybe land packages.

The only store purchases we were ever able to make was to spend our merchandising credits from Kickstarter. :)